Family Sharing and Conan Exiles - Feedback thread

Hey everybody,

We recently announced a temporary change we’ve put in place for Conan Exiles on PC affecting its availability in Steam’s Family Sharing feature. Please read the full announcement here before proceeding:
https://forums.funcom.com/t/family-sharing-and-conan-exiles/80150

As this is a topic that is drawing a lot of attention and feedback, we’d like for you to direct all your feedback and related questions in this thread.
We’re going to merge all similar threads into this one and try to answer your questions to the best of our capacity. Please make sure your question hasn’t been answered before posting it. Please do also keep our Community Guidelines in mind when interacting within our community.
Thanks again for your feedback and understanding.

Just to clarify a few common points (FAQ of sorts):

• This change is temporary until we implement a few tools ingame, and it will be reverted to the previous state once they’re in place.
  • We have no ETA yet on when that is going to be but as soon as we possibly can.
  • Some players provided some helpful tips in the meanwhile:
    -What options are available? by @Multigun
  • There is no plans to modify decay timers to adjust for this change.
  • If the fix takes longer than anticipated, we will reevaluate accordingly.
3 Likes

Game mode: PC
Type of issue: Misc

Family share no longer accessible. Steam prompting family account to purchase game.

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. The more details you provide us with the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:

1. Account shared with Family
  2. Log In to Family Account
  3. Attempt to access Conan Exiles - Game no longer listed in Primary Account Library
  4. Game now listed in Family account library with prompt to purchase

Ticket submitted to Steam as well

I just noticed this as it happened right now. I use a secondary account to have two characters in a roleplay server and when I logged off and on again I saw that instead of ‘Play’ there was a ‘Purchase’ button and the game is no longer available on my secondary account. Is this intentional?

4 Likes

Same Here.

I use a second account for Admin Duties on a server… This makes things extremely difficult to get things done.

I sincerely hope this is temporary, and would like to know when it will be resolved?

6 Likes

Same thing happened to me too… and I just hit lvl 60 today, but after restarting the pc, I can no longer access the game with my seccond account. I’m so distressed, don’t know what to do… I don’t want to start over on my main account, and I will only be reminded of what other games my friends play… I’m so sad now… I will never get to use those 500 star metals I just farmed for the first time since I started playing!

1 Like

And to answer my question, if it is intentional, I’d like my money back because this hampers my play. You know, I bought. I play it. I have multiple accounts to play different characters on the same server(s). So, if I’m not allowed to play a game I bought that otherwise functions…I want my money back.

4 Likes

Game mode: PC
Type of issue: Misc

Family share no longer accessible. Steam prompting family account to purchase game.

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. The more details you provide us with the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:

1. Account shared with Family
  2. Log In to Family Account
  3. Attempt to access Conan Exiles - Game no longer listed in Primary Account Library
  4. Game now listed in Family account library with prompt to purchase

Same Issue.

I’m a Server Admin and I need my secondary account to perform my duties on that server.

What’s The Story Guys?

2 Likes

Same issue here, Conan Exiles test live is sharred successfully on my accounts, but the main game isn’t.
Many players have multiple accounts via family share, either for admin duty or role play alts.

4 Likes

some of us also have other reasons for needing a second account…such as avoiding a cyber stalker. Should we be forced to buy a second copy because of someone else’s ignorance and hatefulness?

8 Likes

That is exactly my issue as well. As an Admin, the account is used for specific duties and the building of communal/event locations on the server.

I have been playing since pre-release and am now being asked to purchase the game at double the cost I originally paid in order to continue using my admin account.

4 Likes

Exactly.

1 Like

Yes, they’ve bought a car in order to use it by turns with somebody. And now all of a sudden they can’t do it without any notice from Funcom. If it’s not a bug then they have the right to be mad at Funcom.

4 Likes

We should not have to chose our privacy or our favorite game. Also as Ko6ka said, it was a functionality that they bought the game with being in mind. A functionality that had been allowed and working from the beginning and that is suddenly, sans warning, being denied to us. Some use it to separate their admin duties from their rp life…some use it to avoid people who have actively denied them their privacy and potentially even threatened harm in the case of some…and some use it for other reasons, but WHY should it matter what reason we use it for if it is a functionality that we did have and that is being stripped from use? The point is, Funcom, you’ve done us wrong. Make it right.

3 Likes

A good portion of my server uses the steam share program to play, and naturally they are upset about this issue. I just wish to know if it’s a bug or intended.

3 Likes

…if that is what they did, they don’t have a right to be upset with Funcom.

Steam family is for keeping separate Steam accounts, yes, on the same computer. So say Steam family is having an issue, no big deal, use your main for a bit, till they get it resolved. No issues with Conan Exiles there, I don’t need a seperate Steam account to admin my server, or do anything in game. I’m especially not hampered in anyway of playing Conan Exiles via Steam that would justify a refund.

Yes you are hampered. For one, there are a ton of RPers out there that have one or two alts, that they now lost all access to. And secondly, if you want to share the game with your family and all want to play on the same server, that is now impossible.

The worst part about it is, that should this have been a conscious decision and no accident, that we were not warned in advance. We just suddenly were not able to log into accounts, that many of us spent hundreds of hours playing this game on, and in which we have progress, that is now lost.

Not to mention admining. I may not need it, but on our server it’s just been courtesy to admin on one char and play on another, so that people know, we arent cheating on our play characters.
And in addition to that, we also now have to, should this not be reverted find out which bases are owned by alts and remove all of them by hand, which will be a lot of unnecessary work on our part. And could’ve been avoided if we just knew in advance.

9 Likes

Where was RP functionality through alt account management promised, and officially supported? I roleplay, have never needed an alt to do it. Usually just a sign of alt-ides, trying to cover up metagaming tracks, or just flat out tools for sock puppeting and catfishing.

1 Like

EXACTLY. They are alienating almost the entire clan I play with plus a good portion of the servers I play…everywhere is going to be in mass chaos because we can’t access OUR own stuff that WE worked for…from a game that we spent OUR money on. So don’t say we weren’t hampered, Dethos. And by the fact it had been allowed and is not now, it was a choice. It was ‘officially’ supported because they had the settings set up for it in steam. You don’t change something like this by accident. This was a conscious choice by Funcom….to get more money.

Guys, chill out, it’s most likely just a technical issue. No reason to bad mouth about each other. Do it like me and take a night off from Conan. :slight_smile:

4 Likes