FAT body type in Conan Exiles and other customizations

I think there should be a body type where you should be fat or overweight. Reason for this is that there were fat people in the conan universe. Theres fat people in every universe, why shouldn’t there be some in Conan Exiles. Also wheres the scars, one eye out and piercings. all these were in the universe as well. Why can’t there be these things in Conan Exiles …its strange, but please put these things in the game, cause its much needed.

4 Likes

If you’re missing an eye would you be willing to except repercussions? Penalties like accuracy loss that comes with it? Or half a screen? You ask for something a little more immersive but really it’s cosmetics your looking for.

Dude its a cosmetic, there were one eyed pirates that could destroy a whole party of fighters. Its just for cosmetic fun.

1 Like

Don’t take it as an attack. If your going to use lore/universe to support this there could be draw backs? Cosmetically the game is lacking for character creation sure but really I could careless about that for now I just want all the other bugs and system deficiencies fixed first. Accessory crafting for jewellery would be pretty awesome if sorcery was to come about to enchant them. But looking pretty is on the bottom of my list for fixes and additions. For RPers I’d assume higher for sure.

This is what mods are for mostly. Appreciate it or not, there’s already a few that offer customizations like over-increased man and female parts. Not much else, I think developers haven’t given that amount of freedom yet…

Also, if it’s only cosmetic, how’d you look lunging around with your ‘some handsome belly’? :rofl:
(pun intended, but I don’t mean to offend anyone’s size here.)

1 Like

I agree with this, characters should become fat if you “eat too much”, it would be very funny!

Also,I remember seeing in the very first developer diary video, they said we would see dents in armor, scars after a battle, but all we see its blood that vanishes after seconds, it would be way immersive if blood pools stays til corpses spawn, and blood after battles would be washed after entering water or rain.

Armors when damaged , should display the armor danaged til it got repaired. Small details makes the difference.

4 Likes

I’m just saying, we all want this super realistic game, well your gonna tell me that being fat in the conan universe isn’t realistic and I’m tired of modders serving the needs of the people. hell SCUM has fat people, GTA San Andreas you could have been overweight, why not in Conan Exiles. Not all of us want to play a damn model. I want the freedom to customize my character to my liking. If Conan Exiles want to make a bigger impact, they need to push customizations to the limit. lets get these modders on payroll and make Conan Exile one of the best games out.

2 Likes

I think the scar option should be in customizations, its in a ton of other games why not Conan Exiles. HELL IT WAS IN FREAKING EVERQUEST! its just weird that these simple things weren’t put in. It gives the feel of the game being rushed for $$$. So many modders in the community are making this game amazing, I would much like to see these modders get some credit and have their hard work put in the game.

1 Like

Rather than modders doing cosmetics they should employ the modders doing fixes and game changing additions. Rather than blow the budget on looking pretty the real draw would be to fix and expand on the promises made. New customers and old players would come back to game that works instead of a pretty one.

1 Like

And also thin bodies!! They have too much muscles even in minimum. :muscle:

2 Likes

It would be nice to be able to craft a semi expensive potion that allowed you to re customize the appearance of your character. Or even rename it.

4 Likes

we can make our dongs bigger but we cant be fat? c’mon

3 Likes

As far as some cosmetics, i like it. But in reality, the different body types are more technical. there would have to be specail meshes added for every armor so they would “fit” correctly in game. The way it is set up now, it is more a scale slider for height, so armor is same mesh that wraps on body. But i would still like it, but it would take more than just the body mesh to accomplish:/

A mod woudl be great, maybe even redesign the armors a little for the different bodies since the modder would be adding them anyways.

3 Likes

Those sorts of cosmetics might be fun in a more cartoon game but Conan casts its players as merciless badasses. Crippling defects? excess body weight? Those guys never make it past the desert. Considering the game’s lore, they wouldn’t have been picked to come to the exiled land in the first place.

To be clear here, I’m speaking of theme rather than realism. Also,I don’t look like much like my character either and unless we have a bunch of players rocking six packs, I would bet most of us don’t.

4 Likes

How would you still be fat after being tortured, starved, and left on a cross in the desert to die. Then spending your days sprinting for your life. Its about as immersive breaking as the fat guy on lost

3 Likes

Great points on both sides of the argument!

While the “Fat Slider” might be a bit too much work to be done in the near term, other cosmetic flourishes would not. The scars or tattoos for different areas would be reasonable for them to add into the game.

Most of all, I’d love to see more hair and face presets added in all around. We’ve asked for it since early EA, and all we’ve gotten is a slider to go from toned to body builder and 1 female high pony tail and a variation thereof. It’s certainly not too much to ask for additional preset options.

I would like to see some more customization options in the game, fat body types, scars, more hair styles, and because the game includes nudity might as well add some more options there. Like nipple piercings, pubic hair options, different genital options (by the way female character models don’t have viginas for some reason, would like to see that fixed) and many more options for character customization. But I don’t want this to take priority just something they can add down the road.

Different breasts shape would nice as well.

1 Like

Yeah, they need to add a lot of new customization to the game. Because everyone is starting to look the same.

Spec the female caracter need to get more hull on the bones!