Fatal error problems after Update 37 - Feedback thread

An updated devkit has been released today so mod authors can start bringing their creations up to date with the current version of the game. That should iron out most crashes caused by mods.
As per other crashes reported in this thread, we managed to reproduce consistently what we think at the moment is the main reason the game is experiencing these fatal errors.

If you still have any additional information you could provide about your particular situation please don’t hesitate to send it our way in a constructive and civil manner.

Thanks again for your collaboration and patience while we work through this issue.

7 Likes

Upon any attempt to place the Improved benches, blacksmith, furnace, kiln, armorers bench, and icebox, I get a fatal error before the structure loads in. the ones listed are the only ones I’ve attempted so I don’t know if any of the other improved benches are broken as well. The best way to repeat this crash is to move an improved bench into the hotbar and press the corresponding number, the game will freeze for 3 sec and then I get the error message and the game crashes. It’s made the game impossible to play as I can no longer progress the game without the ability to obtain better gear. I’ve attempted to verify integrity of game files to no avail, it is important to note that I’m not experiencing this crash with end game building pieces, just end game crafting benches (note: I’ve only built with the Aquilonian structures, no others)

Just wanted to give a big thank for releasing the devkit so quick!. :wink:

Update: Tried logging in today (with no dlc content on me) and fatal error on loading. Tried again after switching graphics down to low end and got in, upped my graphics again and the game crashed 2 mins in.

Since a few days after the big patch, my clan crashes daily on official pvp 1945. It seems to only crash in the evening (from about 7:30PM-10:30PM CST) and only near base. But when it crashes, it crashes everyone at base at the same time, and once it starts it crashes about every 3-5 minutes during that time period. None of us are running any mods - we’ve all validated file integrity. I’ve reinstalled fresh. It’s basically unplayable during that time period. If we go to base, we get stuck at base.

Additionally, we’re never doing the same action. Sometimes it’s when I access an inventory. Others I’m opening a door. Sometimes I’m not doing anything but walking. But it always seems to crash everyone at the same time.

1 Like

I still don’t understand this entire thing. I literally feels like you are trying to intentionally get rid of mods. Every excuse is never YOUR software, its always mods. Not trying to be an ■■■■■■■ but its a load of crap. Mods aren’t the problem, the problem is you guys not working with the mod makers to make sure that everything works. You literally released a hot fix and didn’t release a dev kit with the updated code modders needed for HOURS. Servers that people pay good money for were practically down for 3 days cause you guys you changed your code, screwed it up, then released a hot fix that broke everything while fully aware it was going to break EVERY MOD with placeables. Your solution … Uninstall your mods.

You know this isn’t possible with mods that add placeables. You know that every mod with building pieces would destroy players bases and completely destroy entire communities. You cant just uninstall a mod and have no effect on the player community. Its a silly practice and you know it is, worst part is you dont care. You have ZERO respect for the mod community. The actually community making the game fun!

In all my years of running server and modding games, (Ark, Arma, Rust) I have never seen a company that allows their game to be modded not support people who have issues cause they use mods! Every other developer that allows them works in tandem with the mod community except YOU. If you didn’t want mods you never should have allowed them to begin with. We pay good money to have servers, we pay good money for your DLC’s, and we pay good money to have the Conan experience WE want to have. The people playing your game and keeping it alive. But you as a company dont have the common decency to make sure EVERYBODY has a flawless experience.

It makes me sad cause I love this game so much. Its unfortunate the company that I have invested so much time and money in finds me worthless cause I own and develop on a modded server. Change your practices, care about your ENTIRE community, not just the people playing on your official servers or xbox or playstation. We love this game, but you make it very difficult for us to continue to love it with your silly practices.

Sincerely
A modded server owner and developer.

3 Likes

I have to agree with jasonconstantine.
Myself and my friend while playing conan have often talked about the dev’s in this forum during this “Fatal Error” screw up and the one thing we always come up with AND notice is that they ALL blame the mods or modders.
Myself and my friend are not modders but we can clearly see by the amount of people complaining about official unmodded servers giving “Fatal Errors” that it is NOT the mods and seems to be an excuse by the Dev’s to take some flack off of themselves for the screw up they themselves have caused.
Dev team … stop blaming your community and stop blaming the mods and modders or your game WILL end up like Paragon from Epic Games they abused there own community and everything that happened was the communities fault… guess what ? everyone left as it was not true.

People are not stupid we all talk and we all see what is going on we read the forums and discords and we all see the only reason why this is happening is down to one group of people…
you.

I feel sad for typing this out but… someone has to say it, dont blame others when your at fault… if youtubers cover this issue you are going to get alot of worldwide backlash.

1 Like

A lot of it is and was caused by Mods. I know, because I’m the author of one of the major culprits (that I was able to solve once I got my hands on the new dev kit of course).

What you all don’t see on the forums, and claim they aren’t doing, is them being active on discord, letting us mod authors know where the status is of the dev kit, their tool developer providing a manual update because there was an upload issue with Epic even though they didn’t have to, and still checked in at 2:00 AM (their time) to let us know that the Dev Kit update finally went through on Epic’s end.

The community team isn’t blaming modders in an effort to redirect blame. They are saying that they know that because of the necessary changes they needed to make on the official patches that it’s going to cause some issues with mods. To give mod authors time to update. And finally, they said they know that there are crash issues related to the game that doesn’t have to do with mods. What they are ultimately trying to do is separate out the crash issues caused by mod incompatibilities (like mine, until just a short while ago) so that they can identify the vanilla crash issue reports to work on those.

That’s their job, they need to identify what crashes are caused by the mod conflicts (like mine), and what is being caused by the game.

2 Likes

Multi don’t defend them. Seriously… They released a hot fix they KNEW were going to break things. You kissing their ■■■ just fuels their fire …They knew that hot fix would break everything and they did it anyway so they could save their own ■■■, and screw everyone who uses mods. They dont care about us. Dont act like they do.

As for your comment “a lot if it was caused by mods” thats a fallacy. It was caused by Funcom releasing a Dev Kit that was broken, and then rolling back those changes without telling devs about ti or giving you a way to roll back your own changes for said update. Dont take the blame for their screw ups.

1 Like

@Multigun i respect your reasons for defending them BUT people are complaining about fatal errors on NON modded servers yet you claim its the mods fault.

im not here to cause issues or fan flames of anger but when we see so many people report fatal errors on non modded servers and then the dev’s claim its the mods and modders fault something does not add up… and im sure you are well versed in percentages on how many people get fatal errors on un-modded servers and do not report them on the forums so its more than people are actually made aware.

I for one am not saying mods dont have a direct effect on fatal errors but again… it started with poor coding from the dev’s not the modders and lack of a dev kit for hours after the update… which for MANY actually made the game worse to play.

There is a time for kissing butt and a time for realising that just as many people are having fatal errors on un-modded servers as people who are modded it may be happening more on modded servers but its not the modders fault… its the poor coding from the people who update the game itself.

I also did not claim they are not active or searching for a fix, my claim was they are simply redirecting blame to people who do not deserve that blame.

1 Like

^^^^ This … SO MUCH THIS!

1 Like

I still have Servercrashes for my private dedicated server although all mods already cooked with the actual Devkit. It began with the patch and got even worst with the Hotfix. I worked everyday hours to manage the Modupdates. Mostly my server stood still. The last guys in our community now are my fellow admins and Moderators and 1 or 2 hardcore gamers. Before the actual patch for Conan Exiles I never had any server crashes although I drive mods.
@blaze2030 and @Ishinaia are reporting servercrashes and CTDs also on official servers and private servers without mods.
Aren’t these crashes and CTDs then arguments enough that there are also (next to mods which weren’t updated with the new Devkit) issues from the Basegame?
The game was stable till the patch , even the Testlive version was stable also with mods. I know the Testlive version has not the new battle standard in it as it was released. That means the whole problem is founded on the implementation of this new feature/idea. You changed something to implement this idea which led to servercrashes, CTDs , freezing, Modcrashing and so on.
I appreciate that Funcom is still working on this game. The idea to implement battle standards is nice but I am a member of this forum now since it’s beginning and before that on Steam and I made a lot suggestions like others (probably you can fill books with them) but I never recognized a suggestion like this from the community. Of course you can develop your own ideas , it’s your game. But wasn’t this community about gathering suggestions, integrating ideas of the players? There are so many of them - why didn’t you prioritized them but this new idea which didn’t come from the community?
For my server it’s actually the deepest crisis I ever went through, I am even thinking to close the project now. There are no players anymore and I have no time to find workarounds for the server crashes every day.
I am so sorry about this, I love this game, I love the community but this is the worst you’ve ever done.

7 Likes

^^^ Exactly

I did not mean to say this at all. It’s not my fault, or any other modders fault, that on Monday their mod worked perfectly fine, and then on Tuesday it didn’t. Followed by us updating our mods to get it compatible with the official version, only for that work to be nulliefied by Thursday.

What I tried to explain is that, people crashing from a mod side is a result of the incompatibilities between the mods and official updates. When Funcom says to de-activate a mod, they are not implying or suggesting “it’s all the modders fault.” They are asking to do so in order to determine if the crash that is happening is from this incompatibility, or from something on their side. And if from their side, what the triggering cause is.

This will be my last message about this though, I can plainly see this community isn’t interested in hearing what I have to say. Good luck in your gaming adventures.

4 Likes

I never said im not interested in a perfectly civil conversation with you about the matter its not always easy to talk in text as things can be taken one way or another by both sides in something so divisive a topic.
I fully agree its not your fault at all and you and other modders can only go by what you have been given.

I also understand the need for Funcom to ask people to deactivate mods to see if the issue is down to the mod or the base game as a matter of logical deduction.

The tone of the responses from Funcom has been towards the blaming of Mods and not towards there own inability to code correctly with the patch that was released all i have seen and hundreds of others is -
Have you updated your drivers ?
Have you tried validating your files ?
have you tried the “new” workaround (insert fashionable new workaround here) that never actually works.
Have you blamed your mods yet ? please make sure its not your mods !

This is what people have been getting so far either in those words or in that tone, have you noticed what is not there ? -

We are sorry we have released a patch we knew had bugs minutes before we released it and it has caused a catastrophic “fatal error” bug that has decimated the conan exiles population and the possible shutdown of private rented servers.
We released a new hotfix that made things worse and took far too long to release a dev kit causing extra issues for our community, we will strive to do better and can only apologise for what we have caused.

yep i have not seen anything like that either.

2 Likes

We arent intersted in what you are saying because you are wrong. Watch the Dev Stream it is said MULTIPLE TIMES Mods are causing crashes. While true it was mods causing the crash due to incompatibility, they don’t say the reason why mods were causing the issue is because THEY (Funcom) rolled back the changes without providing modders the Dev kit needed to roll back as well. Its THEIR fault, THEY reverted the changes without letting modders know. THEY screwed the pooch and you are trying to defend them…Why? I use a ton of your mods on my server and not once did I ever think to blame you. We knew what was going on and what happened. Stop trying to cushion their fall …

1 Like

Hello Guys

Newly Fatal Errors by following actions:

• open a chest in Sepermeru
  • single delete many structures in row
  • join into game standing in the desert
  • mass deleting structures doesn´t work anymore

As a reminder it is a non-mod server

1 Like

I was able to get on earlier again, played for a few hours but on trying to access my animal pen my husband and I got fatal errors at the same time. He was able to log straight back in, me I’m on about my 6th try to get back into the game but I’m having fatal errors or the game just locks up at the same point every time.
I can log into a single player game no problems, I just can’t get onto our server :frowning:

Hey everybody,

We’ve created a new feedback thread to keep track of any crashes after the latest hotfix.
Please share your feedback with us in there:

Thanks again for your feedback and patience.

1 Like