Favourite Talos

I think if they didn’t overtune the Gatekeeper or the talos to have 1 billion health or whatever it is then they wouldn’t be a problem anyway. It never used to be like this - a tank took the agro a healer or two or three healed them and the rest of the folk did the dmg - i sent my new toon into HK and as tank it died a lot so it kinda isn’t working like that.

The EFB seems to be only necessary because of the amount of HP the boss has to start with.
I don’t feel the EFB is necessary
I’m not a fan of EFB as it is and this one works diff from the PVP one
I don’t like either lol

A new toon shouldn’t pull aggro from a well geared tank
but should have the chance to be able to be saved from an aoe by aoe heals from healer while the healer keeps the tank who has agro up the whole time.
Its a simple mechanic that really didn’t require the EFB to begin with.
But - things work differently now…

I think the EFB makes balancing way easier. Because you don’T have to have the range from a level 2 in 1-2 greens to a fully geared level 50 in reds in mind when designing the boss.
But that’s something that only the number guys of funcom could reliably answer. What the true intent behind it is but to me that sounds like a pretty probable chance.

1 Like

The EFB is probably there to make joining the event fun even for new players, to give the impression they’re actually contributing a bit.

Without the EFB, hitting those bosses would probably feel too much like hitting the pinatas. Go try hitting those pinatas with a new character in 3-4 pieces of green gear. It’ll take forever to break one…

1 Like

I know lol - i did - but i also tanked the bosses with the green blue gear and died in two shots with my new toons lol so EFB is not working how they say its working it’s doing something else, like a mask.
Meta can do it no problem and shes in healing talismans and only critical rating and power. There is something not right. Just coz it has X amount of HP and we have X amount of HP doesn’t mean you are going to be able to be like everyone else. It’s just the same - but with bigger numbers shrugs

If the bosses didn’t have as much as they do and nothing was scaled in the way it was (and i’m looking at the hidden PVP buffs and all the other stats added to us that we did not want) then i’m guessing it would all be ok.

I didn’t ever have a problem as a new toon doing events in TSW - there was no EFB or weird scaling to mask over something that didn’t need to be there, They also were not instanced. I could smash those bosses along with everyone else and healers would help and tanks always had the agro. It was a hell of a lot of fun.

#SayNoToScaling - its just wrong.
(i’m sorry i do apologise - this is about fave talos - imma shurrup now)

1 Like

The scaling, I think, is more to smooth things over community-side. There is an unfortunate element which has, and would again, get openly and vocally angry with new players for participating.

1 Like

Then those peeps need debuffed coz thats just shan crack. bloody killjoys

Little love for Clay, Concrete, Frost and Magma?

I guess it is understandable that Clay is not a favourite. it is somewhat the most basic and original of all the golems and any changes from a mud golem would probably be to its detriment. Although, the ‘Spew Mud’ hinder puddles have a delightful persistent knock-back effect and they aren’t always initially visible to those jumping down from the Agartha branch - a hilarious greeting.

I quite like the Concrete Talos, with it’s distinctive appearance, particularly the sinewy appearance to its rebar reinforcing rods. Its has a different variety of AOEs - small multiples with ‘Rebars Revenge’, 'Seismic Wave’s arc and ‘Rock Clash’. I don’t know if there are hate resets, but before ‘Rock Clash’ Concrete often does a 180° turn - could be taunts involved or just Concrete’s irascible nature.

The crystalline growths from the Frost Talos are nice, but I wish they would do more, such as being damageable or encasing players in ice (à la Lurker Pod).
I like how it casts a generic player hinder called ‘icy reach’, though in the Carpathian Fangs of tsw, Kasu Nasiru had a similar effect which had everyone hopping amusingly from foot to foot as if the ground were unbearably cold. Perhaps no longer appropriate given the wooden floor.

The Magma Talos certainly doesn’t seem as threatening as tsw’s Isatis Nasiru, which had the reflect damage incurred on attackers by the burning of ‘Scalding Crust’. And also the leeching of ‘Candescence’ has been removed. The small, random AOEs are just simple knockbacks, which all in all turns one of the most feared and debated Guardians into the most uneventful Talos.
Perhaps if it were to gain a leech effect every time someone hits it with a damage-over-time ability?

1 Like

Magma Talos still reflects damage via Scalding Crust; when I’ve fought it on my blood character, using Runic Hex, the whole raid explodes in green numbers as soon as I cast it! It probably does have Candescence, but there is nothing in Agartha to afflict the tank, so it is a non-issue.

I do like all the additional attacks the talos got.

That’s on the tank. That golem has the ability Drowning which drops persistent damaging areas that last long enough to stack 3 times. If the tank simply takes a few steps back after each Drowning, it’s not an issue. If the tank sits firmly on one spot, 3 Drowning puddles stacked together will melt away any melee character without Unveil leech.

It is indeed. Now tell that to the tanks who intentionally provoke off when I’m moving it to give melee space to fight!

I love the concrete talos. It’s so fiercely aggressive with its tons of aoe’s :slight_smile:

I think its been found now that if you jump at the end of the cast, and get launched, you can come back down to land on a much higher invisible platform. Floating combat.

With the last day of the event upon us it appears as if Technology Talos is the leading favourite. Still time to turn the tables, but this mechanised golem looks to be #1.

Though, of course if Flesh Golem was a Talos it would eat all of the others.