Feedback & Suggestions

suggestion

[Interface][Market]

• A filter to show only Extraordinary items (probably same drop-down as Superior/Epic/Mythic etc)

And the obvious (and no doubt mentioned 50 times)… hover over your own item in AH should show listed price and time remaining, even if it is only in the same 3/2/1/0 day scale as other peoples items.

Yes and my point is that nobody is being penalised by not completing a dungeon run and describing it as such is being melodramatic in an attempt to justify punishing other players for the high crime of wasting time in a video game.

None of which has any bearing on me using it as an example of why I used the term. :v:

Willfully or not you keep disregarding the fact that different gating criteria isn’t “banning”. A player with 900 IP is not banned from E10. They simply do not qualify according to current gating criteria. Get 100 more IP and you’re in. You’re okay with that as far as your argument goes. How about “Deal 2000 more DPS and you’re in” instead? Not different in essence.

It’s not what I want, it’s how it should be according to the very first post in this thread. Ultimately all the suggestions here are for the developers to consider. We can expand on the suggestions of others and we can offer alternatives, but purely trying to break a suggestion down is pretty much against the idea of the thread.

The part you quoted has nothing to do with “thinking somebody must be penalized”. You’re taking a word out of context and trying to counter the whole idea by banking on it. I’ll just stop.

I would like to add that memories about gatekeeper as a effective solution of this problem are only selected memories. :slight_smile: This has worked somehow for limited time only in TSW. Then efffective builds appeared on forums and moreover many dps used option for healer or tank. So the only point of gatekeeper check was about the ability to use recommended build for this encounter. Nothing more.

So the problem you discuss has been in TSW for all its existence. What about people who were not able to make dps check with towers during MFA tank fight?

Imho there will never be any solution. If you looking for competent guys, find friends and play only with them. Any group finder will never be about option to save you from people who are far worse than you or in your eyes somehow incompetent. You want something for group finder it is never about.

What would be actually helpful in SWL would be manageable friends list with ability to write some short info to each name to be able to easily find players you jhave good experience and bad experience.

Ideally you would have to do each Gatekeeper challenge to sign up for the respective roles. As to looking up Gatekeeper builds on the forums, I’m pretty okay with that. It at least demonstrates an ability/interest in learning something.

Ahm…no, please Favorite Group content. How about Creating solo content, then group content then solo again …

So all get what they want.

That’s a personal decision, if you don’t fell fit for group content u can still purchase the agents via AH.
To stop using Agent system cus some of them are only acquirable via group content is a waste of extra performance. But hey its a game play it as u like to play it.

Let us group animals our space, if u a lone wolf that cant bare to work with others I am fine with that, but we have ppl that love to party up and do stuff together. So all shall get new toys (Playfields, Maps)

I do not play so much currently because of the lacking in attention to equal opportunity to earn rewards or discover items. Too much focus on group content for my enjoyment.

I do not find purchasing items as enjoyable as discovering/ being rewarded the item.

As always, the game producers will make what they believe will turn the greatest profit; the consumer will spend money on the games that produce the greatest enjoyment.

what u might not know is, actually we miss 6 dungeon 2 raids 1 scen mod and 3 pvp maps.

Last release was a story content release. All I ask for is, before the next story content comes out I would like to see some of the existing “old” group content back.

Then they can focus for new story content for your enjoyment after that.

And some group content has story hooks and info.
Manufactory and Manufactory breached, 2 Missing Kaidan Dungeon.

And if they manage to give us back the missing dung, raids scen mods and PVP, you will soon realize that we group animals will be happy and silently playing with our buds and u can get all your story content u want.

Was a bad move not to provide all group content after re-launch.

Even with missing old TSW group content it’s good to say, in the end game solo player has serious disadvantage. He can buy items on AH, but as the drops from solo content are far cheaper on AH, it will take him more time or more likely he will have to spend some real money to buy aurum and change it for MoFs.

I think this is the problem a lot of solo players mention when writing about how SWL is solo player unfriendly. Not in story mode but in endgame or in a ability to keep player interested in gameplay when he finished the story. I know there will be an argument that most of MMOs have similar problem, but in SWL it’s quite paradoxical dichotomy. The game how it is designed in its first half is far more oriented on solo player, but in its second half after finishing story, its design is solo player totally unfriendly.

Story = solo Content
Endgame = group Content (no solo content)

if u want drops from group content, participate in it or purchase it via AH

but hey you don’t need the group content drops to play the story, that is awesome news, so no reason to complain at all.

And from my POV, and yes I know that’s sarcastic,
“Hey your group content is so solo unfriendly” is ridiculous.

I am afraid you miss whole point.

I think we all want to keep SWL alive. And it needs players who are interested in game and would stay in game. Despite amazing story, I think it is not enough. Especially if the game is f2p. Why loose players? I don’t think allow some more options to stay at least somehow more competetive with group content players in endgame for soloplayers would cause harm to game. Quite opposite.

ANd btw I am endgame group content player.

Thank you for your Input.

Why changing anything?

If they don’t do endgame content, why adding options to be somehow competitive to ppl that do?
If they did not participate, so not interested in endgame content, they will not leave cus the content they do not consume is to hard or solo unfriendly. cus the content they consume is for solo players and don’t need the stuff u get dropped in endgame content.

And if they argue, I feel week compared to endgame ppl, well its cus they don’t do endgame content, something is wrong with their perception.

You can´t play a soccer game with only 1 dude and complain that the others use 11 and demand the change of the rules so u can participate or being competitive in a game that demands at some point to party up.

Yes exactly why lose existing players that participate in endgame content and patronize and toss money at FC

F2P crowd shows up consumes all story content and leaves.
The endgame grind bunnys are the ppl Funcom should keep invested.

Don’t get me wrong all should enjoy the game and I do like new players cus we need fresh blood in the game.

I am only concerned that the game will get more simple and easy to a point where its getting boring…

Sorry, but whole TSW story was about fact that endgame population even extremely dedicated is so small and and not able to fund this game. In fact I would theorize there is a lot of people who own a lot of MoFs without spending any real money in game among this endgame population.

And about sole players not doing endgame. First of all, with current design even if they would like to, they find it extremely frustrating or even non existing. And moreover, there were several voices of these people they would like to do ome endgame stuff if it would be designed for solo player too.

Anyway I consider this whole debate as pointless, because FC is not willing to put any more resources into SWL to change design retention mechanics. All we hope is getting story updates and maybe some missing old TSW stuff. I don’t believe anything else is realistic.

And above that I have real doubts about abilities of those people in FC who are reponsible for monetization and some long term design decisions.

I understand what u say, this will result in: SWL will degenerate to a Action Adventure and a boring easy one.
It is still a from time to time challenging MORPG, and I like to keep it that way.

But hey, we will not decide that, the developers will do.
so thy for the nice discussion.

Stay safe

I don’t think allow some more options to stay at least somehow more competetive with group content players in endgame for soloplayers would cause harm to game. Quite opposite.

By definition, why a solo player would legitimately suddenly like to become “competitive” with a group-player ?

Group-focused people that dive into endgame have times and TIMES more expenses to sustain than regular solo players. They must pay for their gear, agents, various upgrades, dungeon keys, etc… How would they be able to sustain if suddenly there was no significant rewards for them and no chase items, all of those sellable on the AH? Streamlining everything so that even casual solo players doing random missions could get everything they want without effort would be a spit towards endgame players. The game already spits enough on them as is.

This is a “shared-world” game - it is an online multiplayer game. Key words being online and multiplayer. Not denying that playing solo shouldn’t be an option, but asking for everything to be accessible for solo is a no-go. It’s if i were to ask that my freelance company created by myself and my brother could have a chance to be competitive with Steve Jobs while we casually just make & deliver pizzas.

Alt-friendliness ? For sure! More solo content? Yes please! Group rewards more accessible for solo people? Nope.

This is way of thinking I will never understand, because it exactly kills game in longer perspective. Does solo endgame option means easy streamlined option? Not necessary. There can be still solo content which can be challenging and difficult. The only difference will be it would be designed for solo player. It is same twisted logic to put into game easy streamlined group content and ignore opposite option.

And does it really destroy your fun to have an option to get some of shinies from group content by solo players? Me not. Btw I am not calling to have all the rewards available for all no matter if it is solo or group content, scenario or dungeon, regional boss or something else. But some “redistribution” with more option how to get some stuff would imho help to keep game population healthier and bigger.

And btw it is very similar to calls of pvpers to allow them some ability to progress and get some stuff through pvp.

Except that you changed the topic here. You’re asking suddenly for more solo content, and challenging that is. Good luck with that.

No, it is not the same. PvP is another form of group content. It should reward with different rewards than solo.

I trust game designers more than a random claim of a random person on a forum to speak truth about this. In my opinion, it is quite the opposite: if solo people were to be given more rewards and potentially all of what group players can get, it would dicencentivize people from doing endgame totally, and the game will just be completed faster and have a shorter lifespan.

No I did not change topic. The debate for me was about current situation where there is a significat gap between first half of game which is focused on solo players and endgame which simply nearly ignore them. And yes, it would mean some more options in endgame e.g. solo versions of some dungeons or some difficult version of some quests or far more versions of scenarios…

PVP is endgame group content

I try to imagine solo pvp…:thinking::scream: