Feedback & Suggestions

suggestion

I used pvp as an example of different options of progression/rewards from current situation.

you use a endgame group content …content as example to justify your request?

for solo players the game ends after SA till new content is released
group players have the option to keep playing after SA

and the good is, if I would made a toon and a solo player would made a toon
we would both play story till SA, after that you pause the game cus the solo dude don’t want to participate in endgame content and I keep playing.

WIN WIN all happy.

Anyway I will not continue in this debate, becasue it gets to the point where it is pointless. I don’t consider solo player necessarily casual player who wants easy streamlined way to all rewards - especially in SWL with more older population where is a lot of more people who has far less time for play and problems to find time to play with online friends - and if there would be more challengable stuff for solo players and they would be able to get some currrent shinies available via current group endgame play, it would not ruin my gameplay either.

No, solo player can go into scenarios. But it is far worse endgame than group content, because all he has are 3 scenarios. Nothing more.

I don’t know why still ignore people who play solo and are not casuals.

Given how mindnumbingly boring and repetitive SWL scenarios are, with the story behind them entirely cut from the game, I think we can safely say that the dev team is either unwilling or unable to make decent solo endgame content.

Likewise, both caches and the shoddy agent system suggest Funcom either don’t know how to or simply give a rat’s furry behind about actually making monetization story/casual player appealing. (No solo story player needs all those bloody distillates other than to make solo content slightly less challenging than playing tic tac toe to tie, and the character bound agent booster crap is just plain ripping people off real good.)

All TSW PvP mini games could be entered without grouping up first. To me, this is solo-play as one does not have to join a group to take part as the mini-game groups the players.

I think the internet has diluted the meanings that were coined years passing. Hardcore are players that “bulldoze” through a game to get to the point of “top player.” Then, the hardcore player moves on to the NBT. This kind of player does not stick around long enough to support a game’s community and rarely spends additional money. Casual players are those that keep returning to the game. They tend to take their time with the content and explore the options the game offers. Casual players are more likely to spend money on clothing, pets, home décor, and other cosmetic items. Casual players usually make up the largest percentage of a games community. Both play styles come in single player and group player.

This is the Feedback & Suggestions forum: My feedback was that too much of the game (endgame) is locked behind group-play style. Whether I need a certain item that is only given to group-players is immaterial, I am a customer and I would like the same opportunities to earn rewards offered to group-players only. I am not asking for a hand-out; equal opportunity means that I have the options of completing challenging content as a solo-player. Having a solo version of the dungeons does not take away from the group version. My Suggestion is: Provide equal-opportunity to solo-players.

I don’t see the problem then since we have a group finder, which seems to fit your definition of solo content.

mmkay, in the absence of PvP, scenarios are the most varied content SWL has to offer, so what does that say about dungeons, raids and missions ?

The Eblis fight is always a new experience.

All the other stuff has the benefit of a) having some degree of story associated with it and b) not being essentially the same 15 minute or so tower defence despite the “fun” variation of “will I see the broken or the playable version?”

[Misc] Make a proper suggestion thread like we had in TSW. Only short and concise suggestions (one per post), and no what so ever discussion about the suggestions in the thread.

If someone want to discuss a suggestion, make a own thread and just link to the suggestion post and tag the creator.

The problem is that the group-finder is for activities where a player plays as a group-player. The difference being in the TSW mini-games, a solo player plays in a group but not as a group. (no group drama: no Elitist requirements)

Eh? By this definition you should be perfectly happy with the current state of the E1 queue. Half the time it literally doesn’t matter what the other four players do because one of them is soloing everything. Give it a shot. No one talks beyond saying “hi” and “thanks”, and it fits your definition of “solo content”.

One player soloing everything within a group setting doesn’t sound like fun. I was thinking more of having the ability to go into a dungeon solo and work the challenges solo. Or, the ability to gain the same rewards with equal challenges in an alternate solo content.

It’s possible to go into a dungeon solo and finish it solo. The requirements to do that are pretty high; you have to be able to do everything the at-level group could do–you have to be 3 players worth of DPS, a tank, and a healer all in one, and it can be pretty challenging to do that. One path to do this would be to solo scenarios until your gear is five player’s worth and then try soloing a dungeon. A good solo-scenario build is pretty much what you’d want to solo dungeons anyway.

Feature request:

1: The ability to pick which scenario you run. Nothing like getting the other two OVER and OVER when you need 1 more to complete the do all these acheivements (and pugging your duos)

2: An ability to skip the “Welcome to this scenario blah blah blah” by using a survivor to force them to spawn and start the 10 second timer.

In TSW we could move while activating the targeting of our Ultimate ability. In SWL you have to stand still to bring up the targeting (you can move while actually placing it). I find that having to stop up screws me over more often than not as it means i get 1 hit if im in a tight spot. Any chance we can get it so we can move and bring up the target circle? Every other GTAoE you can move and bring up the target at the same time.

[misc][Agent Network]
I want to be able to assign Ms. Faction Recruit to watch the available missions and give me a call if one of the chain mission segments comes up. Or leave Lydia orders to just go do it as soon as it’s available, if she’s sober. Or sober /enough/.

Once I’ve finally got those dossiers, I’d want to use a feature like that to find more missions that reward better equipment, so not just by name or chain. I don’t know what other criteria people might want. XP/minute? Distillate type or volume? Shard value? Mission rarity? Any mission you’ve just never done before?

It would also be nice to be able to assign max level lowbie agents to medical duties to speed up the recovery of the lower level and/or more skilled agents we’d rather send out. Whether you want to go into technical details of helping someone rest more with less sleep is up to you. I hear tantric footrubs are a pretty amazing recruitment bonus.

awesome idea
Really, that’s a good one, blocking one slot to get informed if mission pops up u really want to run.
Very good idea.

“Players should have to sacrifice something in order to access basic UI functionality” is actually a very bad idea.