Fish Ponds and Animal Pens - A suggestion

So, this is late for the 3.0 update but I would like to see the ability to add Fish Ponds, complete with Cook Thrall, different tiers and food affecting the RNG.

For those of us who like to build away from water sources, Fish Ponds would reduce the need for additional builds.

This would be a mechanic outside the traps and act as a crafting station similar to an animal pen. Raise, deploy(process), or hold and reap the output.

While we are at it, add a thrall slot for animal pens and stables and, please, let’s get tier upgrades on the stables similar to the animal pens.

12 Likes

I like all the suggestions here, but I’m unclear on one detail here: what would “deploy” mean in this context?

4 Likes

Deploy would mean cook or process fish/shellfish, rather than place with the pets.

It’s an imperfect analogy that sounded way better in my head.

4 Likes

Ohhh, I see. Makes sense now.

It’s a really cool idea.

2 Likes

I like it since the cries to allow fish traps back into large wells have fallen on deaf ears. Try a different take and if modeled right, could really accent a build nicely.

6 Likes

That was my thought as well.

3 Likes

I would personally love this.

5 Likes

Yes, count me in too :+1:t6:.

4 Likes

If you play on PC there is a mod with a fishing pond. It’s called Exiles Extreme.

4 Likes

I appreciate the information.

Thank you.

3 Likes

I am all for fish ponds or something similar. I run a private server called the journey and cleaning up randomly placed fish traps can be problematic. This would definitely create less reliance on water sources to get fish. It would allow for greater building opportunities for players as well.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.