Well Fish traps

What the hell is with Fishing in well, fishes aint living in wells, but i see many officials full of large, even small wells full of improved fish traps

So my suggestion :frowning:

1. Fix that u cant build in water wells fishtraps, this is just common senseā€¦(otherwise why u guys fixed fall damage?)
  2. Make water wells placable ONLY on ground. ( I also start to find wells up in trees and housesā€¦ like wtf from where there is water?)
    ā€” Edit line ----
  3. or add some ponds where players can grow fishes, like Koi pond or something, because this is just inlogical nowā€¦

Also i add image i got today

2 Likes

The large wells are too big and ugly. I prefer Mitra fountain with one fish trap on each side. :innocent:

2 Likes

you can keep fish in a custom built pond, that and a well can be filled via rain fall

I see no issue with the balance of wells right now.

5 Likes

Then they should add something like koi pound or something where u can grow fish, because this is just ā€¦ weird, they fixed fall, and other inlogical stuff but leave fish in wellā€¦ ok, maybe there is some fish who like to live in such environment, but i think those are not edible fishesā€¦

So i update the suggestion then

On consoles I am unable to put anything at the Mitra shrineā€¦

Ad 1) Why should it be bug in the first place? You can place them in shallow water and also have many fishes, besides never seeing one in the stream

Ad 2) Noā€¦ Also the mitra fountain gets the water from where exactly? Godly teleporting? Its not meant to be realistic

Ad 3) Would make senseā€¦ But Funcom has so many other things todoā€¦ :smiley:

1 Like

This is the way.

U donā€™t see fishes in water? In all rivers there is some fishes (visuals) that are swimming aroundā€¦ once even in that broken waterway i found someā€¦

about 2 , thats way i say, they should be placable only on groundā€¦ Or players should build some waterways to get waterā€¦ mitra fountain is just like well if placed on normal groundā€¦ :Dā€¦

this change you ask would destroy creative use for it like this one

( that I took inspiration from to do a bloodpool with the radium red lights ) ā€¦

I think this is a really cool idea.

On PC it takes me more than a minute to place one on the Mitra fountain. The positioning must be very precise before it lets you place it.

2 Likes

Also easiest to make by the wayā€¦

• We have water statues, small wells, Dlc wellsā€¦ That big one are UGLY and too bigā€¦ And as far i see only who use it is to fish trapsā€¦

So what to do?

Devs can just somehow disable fish traps placement on all other wells, and just reskin that big well into pondā€¦ could add improvement, that u need to place 2 alive fishes from river traps that by time grows and grows in numbers if u give correct food, or if u forget to feed them they dieā€¦

Its like fat grub farm in compost,ā€¦ but in pondā€¦ and still u will need traps to catch those fishes, but u wont cach more than they are in pond, and only those who is in pondsā€¦

What u say about this?

1 Like

With or without the additional requirement of placing and feeding fish, I think this is an awesome idea.

There is no reason the get rid of the large well just because you want a pond. There is no reason the get rid of fish traps in the well because you donā€™t see fish.

Lot of things in the game are surreal. Donā€™t diminish it.

2 Likes

I donā€™t think it should be eliminated. Just given increased functionality or a new item added that is a reskin. The proposed new structure could have a built-in inventory, as if it were a very large fish trap.

1 Like

Realism is fine, unless it actively detracts from the game. Being able to place fish traps inside a large well has been a feature for a long time and just removing it ā€“ without replacing it with something functionally equivalent ā€“ would negatively affect a lot of people just because someone complained itā€™s not realistic enough.

4 Likes

Thats the point, to add ā€œpondā€ and remove this stuff from wellā€¦

the well is big. I do not see problems with growing fish in it. And by the way, improved fish in the well can be caught longer than in the river, so everything is in order

Yes, my point was that for me itā€™s not ā€œOR add a pondā€, but rather that they have to add something to replace the fish traps in well if they remove them.

Honestly, the whole ā€œI can see fish in riversā€ argument falls apart when you realize that you canā€™t see the fish swimming in the ankle-deep water around the Mounds of the Dead (for example), yet you can still place fish traps there, too. And I donā€™t know if I can see fish swimming in the Oasis of Nekhet, but again, you can place traps there.

Iā€™m not against adding a pond, but Iā€™m not terribly upset by the lack of realism when it comes to fishing in the large well. I can supply a justification for it easily, so it doesnā€™t really affect my suspension of disbelief. All Iā€™m saying is, donā€™t just remove it without replacing it. :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

I donā€™t see the problem, in terms of realism itā€™s one of the least unrealistic aspects of the game.

2 Likes

Soo if everyone agree to pond or well upgrade or something ( not removing) maybe some dev can share his opinion about this? :slight_smile: