Well Fish traps

Sounds nice → will be added to the todolist → dont expect it to happen (or not before 2030) :smiley:

A great example for QoL things would be the damn screenshake: Disable screenshake

1 Like

Not so much on the pond or that, but yeah - a good start would be disabling fishtraps in wells. That is just silly.

I’ve never felt the need to put fish traps in a well so disabling it wouldn’t affect me personally, I just don’t understand why it would bother anyone. In a game where we can climb almost any surface completely unaided, drag unconscious people for miles across rough terrain and through water without killing them, fight and own all sorts of weird and wonderful creatures including undead, and do many many other unrealistic things, why are fish traps in a well in need of change?

1 Like

Nope. It’s a survival skill learned by playing the game.

Let yourself get wiped out a few times and then come back here and let us know if we should still get rid of the large well. Or, is this change just for pve?

Nope. Leave the wells alone. Adding a pond is just one more thing we have to make room to put down. Your complaint about wells on foundations is fine, except things are on foundations for the benefit of decay timers.

Frankly, in a game with giant scorpions, demon spiders, wights, and skeletons, realism isn’t exactly something I’m concerned about.

5 Likes

If it’s a survival skill, it definitely shouldn’t be removed from PVE, because PVE is supposed to be about survival :wink:

3 Likes

For me its just allowing to build places nowhere near water. Need my fishys for oil and ichor. Removing that option now would just be silly. At least in my opinion.

3 Likes

If your against fishtraps in wells don’t do it. But, please, abstain to ask for this feature to be removed from the game and let those who like to have the possibility to put fishtraps in big wells to do it.
You know a game get richer by adding features, even some that don’t please every players, and not by removing them each time a player who dislikes them ask for it.

3 Likes

Fish traps in a well break realism for some but not the catching deep ocean fish in 20 cm of water between 2 waterfalls.

2 Likes

In PvP u all can do whatever u want, someone anyway will maybe destroy it, but i am not asking to remove it completely, just to update situation with ponds and remove feature to place it in wells. I dont know, how it is on PvP but in PvE its killing player with player trades, we have mercenary signs without normal use except u play in private servers with some rules…

Its just logic to improve gameplay by using ponds not wells… Same example may be with barrels and stuff, when players could add liquids in it as storage place… many stuff now is just visuals only without use… dunno its more logical to grow fishes in barrel then… :smiley: and this well stuff is probably accidental bug who was not ment to be used as fish pond… Just like telith ghost dissapeared, or thralls falling in textures, or fall damage off… its funny how bugs that " is on player side" everyone like to use and try to protect, but those who harassing players , everyon reports as bad stuff that should be fixed…

But about this suggestin, i dont ask to remove feature, i ask to add actual placable object that can be used as fish pond …

U think fishes r not edible from wells??? In a game where u kill and eat dragons??? That makes sense!!!

1 Like

kTd8v0l1

First, how does having fish traps in large wells “kill” trading between players? I’d like to know more about the economy you guys run on your server, considering that the only things worth trading are certain thralls and certain legendary items. Everything else is ridiculously easy to farm up. Hell, even the things worth trading would have to be exchanged in a barter, because there’s nothing in Conan Exiles that’s really suitable to use as a currency.

Second, even if fish traps in wells somehow ruin your economy, why are you proposing to replace them with a functional equivalent, such as ponds? Why wouldn’t ponds with fish traps ruin your economy?

1 Like

On server i play seems Most valuable materials are Raw ash/ T4 derketo priest / khari steel … :smiley:

But second part i was thinking 2 types at once - about what may be used equivalent of well and then switched to ,what may be if they are removed… so probably everyone who live near water, may get masive tons of fish, but for those who live example in volcano , fishes will be expensive… ( basically my logic went a bit off road ) but main idea was about

1. What happens if ponds are added
  2. what happens if well traps are removed…

Just it mixed up a bit… and by reading how everyone react to suggestion, seems nobody read till end, that i dont suggest to remove well but just add or upgrade with fish traps… :frowning:

Uh, not really. If we’re still talking about PVE, even if you completely remove the ability to place fish traps inside the volcano, the fish won’t become expensive. People who have their base in the volcano will just build a small outpost near the water and get an insane amount of fish from there. Conan Exiles wasn’t really designed to have a trade economy :man_shrugging:

Seems to me like it’s purely visual, if the wells are replaced with ponds then all that actually changes is the name and appearance of them. I’ve got nothing against the idea it just seems like a very minor thing and not really a worthwhile use of Funcoms time and resources to implement.

1 Like

Peoples I have a general question about Fish Traps and Shellfish Traps if we have any takers.

Q: I know that the traps fill up slowly of their own accord. However, is their rate of generation and the type of fish which spawn within also (at least somewhat) goverened by RnG?

The reason I ask is this. I have had 3 sets of fish traps since I began playing at launch; 2 regular and 1 improved. I have noticed that in terms of production by numbers my oldest one clearly outstrips the newer regular and improved fish traps by a significant margin. Especially in regards to lobster rates.

I have about 18 fish traps and there is a definite difference between them so I’m guessing there is a bit of RNG, using bait changes things depending on what you use. Insects=unappetizing, and I think fat grubs=exotic, but I don’t usually bother with the bait so I’m not entirely sure.

1 Like

I’m not sure if the production rate is random. The type of fish is definitely random. Here’s a discussion I remember about it:

1 Like

I suspected so too Muppetish. I dont tend to use bait, as I usually forget about it. Which bait attracts lobsters in the Shellfish Traps do you know?

Personally I suspect it part periodic and part randomised, by that I mean the following. There is a guaranteed spawn every X seconds. However I would gues that the type of which spawns is weighted. Just for the purpose of an example: unappetising 40%, savoury 35%, exotic 25%. The rare stat elevating fish would also be factored into the actual percentages however, and I would guess a second roll to determine which one when one is spawning. That is just my remarkably unscientific theory.

Mmmm…you can really taste the fish waste!

1 Like

I think the bait for fish and shellfish is the same but I’m honestly not certain, I never bothered with shellfish but my clanmate loves sea food so he spends more time on that stuff. If I remember correctly he uses the grubs that grow in the compost heap as bait.