Fishmen in vault

What’s the best weapon to use on the big poison spitters. They take so long.to kill! I’ve used hardened steel daggers and a 60 power 2 handed axe but is there any specific weapon that hurts the fat ones (lol) faster

1 Like

A berserker with a good 2h sword :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yes, legendary weapons. In order to gain legendary weapons all you have to do is kill 3head bosses. For now with hardened steel weapons the easiest to kill is the spiders. Even the lizards and the crocs are in your weapon range. But if you want to make it more easier gain an accursed Berserker. Then all you have to do is just watch him slaughter them.
Finally you can always try the serpent weapons, or better kill the bosses around the serpent vault, they drop beautiful weapons, but avoid the wolf.
Closing go and kill Grey minibosses, they drop Grey daggers, the most op daggers of the game after the feroxic.
But I would stick to the legendary weapon plan, it’s safer.

3 Likes

Just to clarify (in case it’s needed) when Stelagel says ‘3 head bosses’ he is referring to the 3 skull icons on the boss’s health bar. The boss creatures with these are scattered about throughout the exiled lands. Once you kill them when you harvest their corpse, you should get a key, use the key on the chest located nearby (some can be easily missed, but should be there) - Inside should be a random Legendary weapon, some are better than others.

Eg: The big black Rhino at the Oasis, the big Scorpion between the un-named city and Sepermaru, etc…

If you need specific locations for any of these just ask.

2 Likes

Ahhhhh. Thanks for the advice bit I neglected to say I am on siptah.
I killed a 3 skull croc and got a key but I can’t find the chest…are there any on siptah

1 Like

Ah, well you got me there, someone else will have to help you on that one, whilst I have it, I have yet to enter Siptah.

Good luck!

On Siptah the legendary chests aren’t close to the bosses - instead you collect the keys and then go to the tower at the centre. There’s several legendary chests around the front of the tower.

2 Likes

There you go! Thanks Dan, that’s actually useful for me to know too heh
I really should get over there soon.

1 Like

Siptah is great. I was unsure as to whether to buy it but I love it!

No way! That’s great to know. Thanks senor quixote

4 Likes

The funny thing is that you already said that you play on Siptah, because your reference on the vaults was clear as crystal
Exile lands don’t have vaults :wink:
Now like my dear @DanQuixote said, you will find numerous of skeleton key chests around the tower. But you will find chests too in the ruins of X’chotl one behind the lizard croc boss(or whatever it is :rofl::rofl::rofl:) and the other hidden in a place that has no bosses 🤦🏼. The big eldarium chests in the vaults are opening with skeleton keys too and they provide legendary weapons.
@Crompox thank you for correcting my s…y English m8 :rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

Thanks again for the info. Everyone on this forum is so helpful. I really appreciate it. Am looking forward to finding out more secrets as so far I’ve stayed in the west. Haven’t been east or to the 2 islands at the south!

2 Likes

Siptah is beautiful!!!
I said it a lot of times that paying only 20 Euro for this expansion it felt like I steal them :rofl::rofl::rofl:.
It is a reach biome, reach and rewarding loot everywhere you go, too many fortune cookies (bearers packs), great content to stay busy for months, wonderful landscapes, a pure horse land, except east forests, a small map but the lack of teleportation makes it great.
But what you will find a bit disappointing or tiresome is the rng to almost everything.
In any case, it is a wonderful trip, I am still in the way too, I have way a lot secrets to reveal yet so feel free to share any discovery you make.
It was a new player in 8080 2 months ago, that arrived and decided to become my neighbor.
I provided him some goodies to do a good start but believe me he had something to give me too, he was carrying an item that I never saw ever. So gaining knowledge from a very new player in the game is possible and that’s wonderful.
All I know all these years playing this game is one…
I am still learning

3 Likes

Short swords stun lock the bloody F outta the drowned, like most stun damaged taken I’ve seen from any enemy

1 Like

Yup, and also inside every vault.

It’s kind of an odd setup they have going. You have to kill overland bosses to get the keys for the chests inside the vaults. :stuck_out_tongue: But if you finish the vault you gain the ability to craft weapons which are better than any of the locked chest weapons. :confused:

Just finished my 1st vault and made some feroxic daggers which absolutely melt elephants (which I was finding massive bullet sponges!!!). Love them!

I must have missed the legendary chest in the vault tho…grrrr

2 Likes

They are sometimes a bit hidden or in odd to reach locations.

1 Like

Are they named or level 3?

The legendary chests in the vaults have some randomness both in where they can be and how many. Sometimes there are none especially if someone else looted them recently.

Edit to add there is at least one place where you can use a skeleton key to get legendary weapons that aren’t part of the original set from Exiled Lands. It’s new ones specific to Siptah. I assume there’s more that I haven’t found yet. As a hint it’s not from a chest.

I thought the L-chests were completely random - and could contain any one of some pre-defined set of weapons no matter which vault it was located in. Like all these are from a single vault:

These are all named and/or legendary weapons (which I assume are the same thing?) acquired from L-chests in a single vault.

After I had amassed a wealth hoard of Eldarium and started visiting other vaults all the L-Chests had the same weapons in them - thus my current understanding.