Fix Katanas (Special attacks)

It’s a normal star metal one with master kit and bladesmith craft.

And this dude has 0 armor :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oh… so the poison is actually an effect of the dash now? that’s gonna be “so very useful…”
Anyway, I really dislike their backtracking on this and other stuff, it was clearly intentional - we tracked that down in the other thread, now they’re backtracking and making silly modifications and listing it as an “issue” - I guess an issue does not necessarily mean a bug… but still.
They’re doubling down on zombies having equipment thou :joy:

Oh and they also nerfed the skelos armor :slight_smile: basically giving into all the “nerf” cries, instead of buffing some other sets to make them more useful

Nerf cries more rather balancing cries. :slight_smile:

And yes, dont get why they had to nerf skelos armor at all. There’s other stuff they need to look at instead of that lol.

Not that 3% difference or what it is, is be a huge change. But still not necessary to touch the armors. I rather see them buffing them.

No, I used the reaper poison to actually see if multiple hits are fixed.

No No No, no more nerfs, nerf nothing please. After all the cry about horses, mounts are crap now. I played a game that was too nerfed that you need to land 5 head shot to kill someone, it sucks. A sword hit on bare chest should be/or near insta kill.

Testlive? That’s out in the field on official PvP.

Oh I see!

Well… we’re getting all of them it seems… and it’s funny in a way cuz it’s like they suddenly read all the “nerf this and that” posts.

Then you’re not going to after the updates as they changed that. We were talking about testlive as it’s already been changed there so @SirDaveWolf 's screenshots are from there.

(Also as a side note there is absolutely no difference between 4L / 3L followed by the dash as the combo only cares about 3 attacks before so the first one will not matter in the case of 4L)

1 Like

In regarding about FC it has a great chance to be true, so its important to the community that every time a “nerf it post” raises we come and say no, do not nerf it, please its not the majority that is complaning about it. Or the game will become a pillow fighting simulator.

I have tried and I pointed that out. If you check out the thread @SirDaveWolf linked above.
There was a handful of people complaining and a handful of us equally pointed out that it’s not as big of an issue as it seems, simply because there’s already a counter from perks and the attack is hard to land precisely andcan very easily be side-stepped

On the nerf skelos armor post we equally showed up and said the armor is fine and instead of taking steps backwards they could buff some other sets to provide similar alternatives in strength etc.

Funcom is just unpredictable I guess, sometimes it gives in to a few very loud players, while other times they just do random things. Like I don’t see the reason for cat pets getting a 40% damage nerf… It was already addressed on PvP servers and thrall damage was set to 50% vs players. And while pets did okay damage in very slow but big hits, they were dying left and right due to the lack of armor.

(For example I have video comparisons of racing thralls vs bosses with various weapons… the human thrall always killed its boss while I had to go over and save the Sabertooth every time)
In any case, I don’t think anybody was asking for pets to be nerfed further, they were mainly saying that they’re not very useful

1 Like

Agreed, initially i thought that they did it to push people to use demons and zombies, but im not sure now.

Another nerf plead, yuk.

Holy… they dont want 1 hit weapons obviously. And I can understand that. With katana PVE got stupidly easy. Not even a challenge. And is not even a challenge without. Problem is when it affects PVP that much you cant do anything about it. You should not be able to 1 hit other players. Not even 2 hit.

As long they dont nerf it to the ground wich from the stats SirDaveWolf showed they havent. It’s still hitting harder then other weapons. I dont get why people want an unbalanced game rather than a balanced game. Be happy for once they didnt nerf anything to the ground.

Official server with 0.5 thrall/pet to player damage.

Why not? Combat should be fast zap, slash and end. Not an eternal chopping ritual to each other. In regard pve i prefer killing things easy than having to land and infinite amount of hits to kill a barechest bandit, eg.: when you knock out some npc and resolve to kill them you have to hit it 10 times or more. Having marshmallow weapons to kill weak foes didnt make the game more chalenging in my opinion. eg.: Horse was not balanced, but they capped them.

Well there’s another weapon to sit on the shelf then. I don’t care about the damage potential but there has to be something special about it to use it and if you don’t get the damage bump, then why do I equip the katana?

It’s a dang shame since agility builds don’t get lots of options as far as weapon types and if the katana’s speciality is to combo out of attack range, then there really isn’t much to it. I can do that with daggers thank you very much. Next on the docket, short swords and the 70+ damage and the huge DPS on the short sword and how unfair it is.

Lets see

Daggers-nerfed
Katana-soon to be nerfed
so that leaves bows and short swords and both types of weapons have been complained about already.

Agility builds are getting shafted here and that’s not cool.

I did a quick test with Hosav’s UI (its a little buggy with healthbars, but the damage numbers still show properly) on Testlive.

The dash special used after 3 light attacks now does the same damage as the first heavy attack. I used Musashi’s Black Blade with Skelo’s Cultist and 20 in Strength, 20 in Agility, and 10 in both Vitality and Grit. Base light attack damage was 135. And 266 with a single heavy attack, and 266 with a dash strike.

It no longer hits multiple times.

My opinion is Katana users (the ones who remain, its going to be dropped by most) will simply use light and heavy attacks as normal for any other weapon. Using the dash only in certain circumstances like when a mount gets you stuck against a wall. Setting up combos to use the dash now is a bit cumbersome for any sort of single target situation. Still not bad damage to enemy groups though.

Give me a 1 hitting spear then and we will see how happy people gonna be about it. I agree PVP should be fast paced. But also skillbased. You should be able to take down people you are better than even if they are more than you.

And no horse was not balanced. It was OP as heck. It’s way more balanced now.

AoS chapter 2 colorized:
6zz9yj

I hope we will get rid of quick-footed in chapter 3.
I don’t feel like spending 15 points into trash stat with both short and trashy weapons list just to have a movement speed boost.