Fix The Lifeblood Spear

there was already a thread on this subject, probability drop rate is 1% or 2% (i do not remenber), time to kill dragoon 5 mn, time to wait for respawn 15 mn, count youself.

but again you talked for yourself saying this weapon was not rare and easy to find. so no point to argue as everybody who farmed for this weapon will know.

healing broke ? do we have to nerf healing arrow too ? or regenration potion ?

2 Likes

You are correct azaroth. A user named Lanesar posted very detailed descriptions of the drop rates/percentages for Unnamed City Legendary Items, back when I was trying to get the Sword of Crom. Anyone who is interested should read his posts, especially post no.10.

As usual thankyou for your integrity azaroth.

2 Likes

2 months??? That sucked for you. When it came out, I ran the UC to learn the recipes. Had 3 of them after 1 week.

So there in lies the problem. Rare for some, not so much for others. The “insta” heal removed any need to think about healing again. So for some to have multiple after a short time, and others to have only 1 after 2 months is already creating an imbalanced solely on luck. Sure there are other RNG spawns, but the high end stuff is pretty consistent. Legendaries are the only high end i can think of that is a crap shoot (but even that is changing with the newer cave boss drops). Armorers by type maybe second. After that, everything else is not gapped as widely as having insta heal and not. Smelting and tanning can be made up with just adding more stations, and a little more fuel. IE one t4 smelter forge = 4 non smelters forges in iron per minute.

this is called probabilty, and Something who dont lie is the weight table Inside game that give the probability for object, npc to spawn.

and again life spear, and crom sword are very rare item to drop; that is reality from the weight table that give probability to a boss to drop it Inside game.

life is imbalanced; and crom do not listen. the goal of this game is to not have everybody having the same weapon with same effect and same damage.

this game is nothing but Meta, even for PVE. Everyone builds the meta purge defense, everyone builds the meta pvp defense. Everyone runs meta to farm.

The problem i had with teh heal rate was there was no counter balance to the life blood spear. The problem with the LBS was that it nullified the healing aspect of everything else once you had it. durability on this game is a joke. no one actually used it to attack, they only pulled it out to heal. It was not a weapon. It was a heal stick. If it goes back, then it should not stack with any other heal. That would be the risk/reward needed for using it.

Healing arrows and potions have a cost. They are a one and done and then you make more. You make one, use it, and need to make another. The spear is permanent, unless it breaks witch is wont because people only use it to heal and then switch to a different weapon to attack so it will never die.

I said it’s easy to get. I said people who know how can get it in the first week. I didn’t say it has a 100% drop rate. I said once you know how to deal with red mother farming her is easy. If it’s taking you months to get it then your luck is poor and you probably shouldn’t play the lottery.

And so will continue the eternal debate I mention earlier.

I didn’t, but they are forcing it as hard as they possibly can. Nerfing everything but 1 item forces people into using that one item.

Funcom should NOT be nerfing something into uselessness, declaring mission accomplished before moving on.

They should have nerfed it to the point it is now, realize they screwed up and buff it back up. If they buffed it too much then nerf it back down a bit. Eventually, they would find a sweet spot to leave it at.

The same is true of the SoC. Just nerfing it heavily doesn’t stop a single weapon from being the single best meta item, it just shifts it. People are just going to load their thralls with annihilators now.

yes dragon is easy to kill, but it takes 5 mn to kill, 15 mn to respawn and the spear has 1% probability to drop at each kill, that give you the probability to get the spear and the average time needed for this rare weapon who is one of the harder item to get.

i invested around 66 hours to find the lifespear, i can do thousand of healing arrow with one hour gameplay. so was normal for the lifespear to have unique healing attribute, and the investesment and ressource needed is your time.

And after that 66 hours you spent. You then spend 600 hours with free health regen that costs you nothing. Gathering the ingredients for healing arrows or potions is something you need to do regularly.
The spear is free. If the spear healed you as it lost durability then it would be fair and equal with what the healing on the server does. However it doesn’t, it gust gives it out like free candy.

1 Like

And yet I still see entire servers of people getting it within a week.

It takes me like 90 seconds plus cook time to get hundreds of roasted haunches. That is enough to last me for more than a month. How is that functionally different than a heal stick?

i think you should play to lottery

Already explained it. Not enough caring left to explain it a forth time. The endless debate that will never end in a way that will make everyone happy continues.

My over arching argument is and has been to just get rid of it. Why? Because it will never be balanced in a way that will make people happy. It will always be to strong or to weak. It gives healing for free, violating the game mechanics around how healing works (I.E. breaking that aspect of the game). The only way it would fit in with how healing works in game is if it lost durability as a cost for healing you. However with legendary repair kits being so easy to get and the new Karma effect even that wouldn’t really be the best way to handle it. Just throw it away and move to the next project. Or you know fix climbing.

only problem is that 2/3 of the people who answered to the poll just organized on an other thread on the subject want it back to its orignal state, so nope we will not throw it away for making happy a minority who think that that those weapon are easy to find and gamebreaking, which is not our opinion, and not the experience I had (with 5000 hours of gameplay since early access)

Well suffice it to say, the majority want it. You can balance it so the vast majority are happy with it (with my idea or one of the many others put forth), and if food is as easy to get as it is anyway, whining about it being a heal stick is moot.

If I can get enough food to last for months (dependent on spawns, otherwise it might take a few minutes), throw most of them in the freezer boxes so they never decay, then it is functionally no different than having a heal stick, and you still need to collect food for the hunger mechanic anyway.

You talking about the poll that half of the player base didn’t know about until after it was done?

1 Like

what is your problem anglinex ?

36 players expressed their opinion and there is a result.

as the weight table in game give the probability to drop those rare weapons is a fact that you keep ignoring…

36 players out of how many? How many hundreds or thousands (I really don’t know) of people play the game? That is like asking one class of kids if they like school and then assuming ever kid everywhere feels the same in every school around the world.

do you know what is poll and statistic ?

anyways i state again two facts :

36 players expressed their opinion and there is a result.

as the weight table in game give the probability to drop those rare weapons is a fact that you keep ignoring…