Fixing Single Player

@Praetor_Invicta and @Solarius Crysis is right. On ps4, and to the best of my knowledge consoles in general DO have true offline mode. I go for weeks, sometimes entire months worth of play sessions without even turning the internet on, which isnt even plugged in. I dont even have my ps4 ‘plugged in’ to the net. My internet is only hotspot on my cell phone, and it is only ever activated if I need to download an update or dlc.

It seems there are 2 different types of multiple save files desired for Singleplayer mode. 1) The first is the one you suggested Praetor, where we have a number of different character we can control and switch between, kind of like GTA 5 or Resident Evil 0. And also 2) The second is where you are starting again from scratch off the cross, and your building and items are not there, or shared between characters (I hope this makes sense!). For the record, its the latter which I am gravitating towards. But I would be happy with either or both. For now I just create a (temporary) new user on the ps4 if I feel like starting out with basics again.

On PC we have to be connected to the net to be able to play the game. Losing connection or going offlinemode in steam won’t let you play. I’ll say it again because people think that most of us have no clue that there is a mod that enables offline play BUT it doesn’t work for everyone.

Shame really, i like the looks of the game it’s gorgeous but sadly i guess it is only looks. Sure some bugs are fixed but the core of the game is still buggy and clunky and alot of the features just keep breaking, and a lack of a true single-player mode without the need of a connection for PC is just not a good practise. I guess FC is lacking in the code department probably they do not have many people which explains the whole state of the game.

Thanks for the toolbox, but I have messed with your toolbox before. Great tool and the community appreciates it. However it felt rather uncomfortable to use since it is reliant on something not officially supported.

I’m hoping that they can have something officially added to the game that will be supported with cloud support, single player related server settings and the full experience and polish we would expect from a single player game experience.

Mods are great, but its a problem when a mod needs to be made to finish something that the vanilla game left unfinished.

Oh you’ll find no arguments from me on that, I absolutely agree that the toolbox features feels like something that should be included in the base game :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.