Multiple Created Characters in single player mode

Testing single player mode. I found it dull and boring. Offline mode lacks fun and creativity. I was testing how dull the Exiles lands in offline mode was. Hoping I was wrong. Funcom wouldn’t make offline mode boring would they? I was right. My theory that offline mode was boring.

I figured out how to make offline feel more alive. A.I. that are created characters. NPCs that you can switch your main character as each of these A.I. control NPCs. In offline mode only. I see max clan size as 60. So 60 total including the main created character you are playing right now should be allowed in offline single player mode.

These A.I. are using the builds and gear you put on them. What can they do? Everything but build a base. What do they need one clan spot in offline mode. These NPCs are basically A.I. players. They get hungry and thirsty too. They can pose and use emotes. Respawn when they die. Everything the player needs to worry about so does these NPCs. Weapons and Armor do get damage when used by these NPCs. They are not thralls.

All 59 of them can follow the player. If one of them learns a recipe, then they all learn the recipe. They can even set to repair their gear. If they have the material.

Hmm… :thinking:
I think we should make it 100 just to be on the safe side, no?
We could even include an ultrawide monitor as a hardware requirement for the game so that all those characters can fit in view when following the player! :face_with_open_eyes_and_hand_over_mouth:

Wait, why stop there? They should be able to build a base too! In fact, right now in my game I just moved to the North and kinda lazy to build a base. It would be nice if all 100 of my NPC alter-egos could band up and start throwing some bricks together and build me a nice house!

How fortunate in that case that these matters are entirely subjective and there are plenty of other games on the market that you might find interesting, some might even have 59 followers at the same time, though barring and strategy games and focusing on 3d survival titles, I have my doubts :face_with_monocle:

5 Likes

I remember when I had a mod for skyrim that allowed me to have unlimited followers.

I had 12 and I was watching them fight everything for me. Pretty dull and boring.

4 Likes

Reason for 60 total is max clan limit is 60. You can switch between the 60 characters you create. Basically 60 exiles. It’s basically 60 players on one team. The A.I. wouldn’t be as smart as a player. 60 characters to worry about corruption,hunger, thirst, weather and other player problems. The character you switch to has building enable. It’s to keep them in one location and not block your farming resources.

Did you have to feed them? Did they have player stats? Could they use emotes? They are an NPC version of the player.

For those of you who don’t know Bryan, one of his sock puppet accounts already suggested this idea before and people already explained, in detail, why it’s a bad idea and why it’s unlikely to get implemented. My friendly advice is to save yourself the trouble of rising to his bait and letting this topic drag for another 100+ messages like the old one did:

5 Likes

Why limit yourself there. Make it 299 so that you can lead your band of 300!

Why not give them the ability to play while you aren’t even logged on? No reason they should have to wait for some filthy human to be around. Who needs humans!

I am sorry that you found it to be dull. But that is not what a theory is. A theory is something that has been scientifically tested to a degree that it has achieved the highest level of confidence possible. What you have is an opinion, one that is yours and that many others widely disagree with.

1 Like

My name is Lord_Virus. Please refer to me as such. That topic lacks fully describe details. It burns my eyes to look at it.

I would put that fault on your constant sentence fragments and lack of grammatical structure but to each their own. :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

Data tested with few others that single player mode was indeed boring. Do you play single player mode? You didn’t even make a theory that this would be an control environment for testing to the dev team. I like people to figure out stuff on their own. Imagine a better Conan Exiles experience for all. 60 is clan limit. Custom settings for single player mode allows for max 60 members per clan. So 300 impossible. Data that contains 60 characters to represent 60 players. Imagine building a full town of your own. With 60 characters you created. Acting like players on a server. The programming would be a nightmare, but the end results would be worth it.

Sometimes yes. Sometimes I play online. I find both to be enjoyable.

So, instead of finding data driven facts you would rather people just “guess” and “make s*** up”. Good to know.

Also, your entire sentence of “You didn’t even make a theory that would be a control environment for testing to the dev team” shows just how ignorant of what a theory really is. You do not make theories. You can make an observation, then you can you can formulate a hypothesis, but you cannot “make a theory”.

I could easily do that, and it is nothing like the drivel you spewed in your OP. Sorry.

You can do that already…

Far beyond that. Do you even have any background in programing? Do you have any knowledge of how such a thing would even be accomplished? If you are playing offline and you want your town to look more alive then install Pippi and fill it with Thespians. You can even program them to be vendors, give quests, have dialog. Granted, you can only do that if you are on PC. But even THAT is not remotely close to the lunacy you are talking about asking others to program.

2 Likes

Not out to piss anyone off exactly but this sounds like a Fantasy world for someone on PC that should be using MODS or visit the real World. Read this post when it first came out could not make sense of it. Hopefully someone here has suggestions for our fellow Exile.

1 Like

Oh so you like it when the host delete thier world or resets it?

I hate online. I also hate having to mod a game. This idea fixes the all by yourself lonelyness. This idea would boost Conan Exile. Not OP. For few reasons. These A.I. have same weakness as players. Cold weather,hot weather, drowning,gear durability and etc. They also have to eat,drink and can run out of stamina.

Creating more characters in single player mode (offline). They also become players/NPCs. Since you can switch between them. Picture having created more than one exile.

Sounds like what you want to play is Dragon Age: Origins :slight_smile:
It was enough to switch between the 4-5 characters on there lol, no need for 60…

In any case, I’d hate to burst your bubble… but even if the devs would be crazy enough to name you their lord and savior god virus and program this just for you… Your computer would die under the strain of having 60 NPCs move with you or be fully functional player characters in a small area.

So, while these topics are actually quite entertaining and gives people a chance to unleash their inner troll a bit, if you’re expecting anything serious to ever come of this… don’t, I can guarantee you that this will never happen, not in this game :slight_smile: Not even if you’re secretly a millionaire and buy out Funcom yet again and demand that they do it… Maybe in a new game on a new engine that’s built for your idea of Survival Sim City from the ground up.

I hope that kinda gives you an idea where things stand :stuck_out_tongue: Although you can always say that what I’m saying is incorrect and only the things you’re saying are somehow facts :face_with_monocle:

1 Like

I am fairly certain that no official servers have been deleted or reset. So that solves your problem right there. However, that is a fantastic example of the straw man fallacy, kudos to you.

Yes, you hate online. You hate offline. You obviously hate sorcery. You frankly hate this game. Please leave the forums one more Bryan.

We get it. You hate everything.

Nope, it would make it literally unplayable on any home PC let alone playstation or xbox.

3 Likes

Yes! In this game your only power is your knowledge. The content is huge so even learning it is a great achievement. You don’t need to go that far to experience the above, all you have to do is go and play pvp for a couple of months and you’ll get so many wipes that nothing will touch you anymore.
Yet for me, recreating characters and build something new is all i need. Role play! That’s exactly the reason i bought the dlcs. Of course i never change my toon, she will Always be a Hyborian girl named Bella, but she will have a nice excuse to belong to another race too.
You have to understand that above all, the only thing you need to play is your mood. When i was a child we didn’t have many gaming options and we invent more options to play with the same game. I do exactly the same here and i ask for the help of this forum to give me more and more options all this time. This games possibilities are huge, but the engine probably is on the lines. Devs must make a heroic effort to progress something without ruining something else.
As for your style?
I played a couple of months this way when Siptah was released for pc but no for consoles and my pvp clan was bored and left the game. Every person i knew in here had his-her own area in my map. All i had to do was recreate character. I could even pvp with them if i wanted to, but i didn’t.
Play the game and understand the possibilities it already has, your judgment for this game is really narrow - shallow, you cannot judge a game you don’t know, sorry but that’s the truth.
Cheers.

Creative Corner is indeed the appropriate section for this thread. The question is will it become more popular than the abomination one :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

3 Likes

Listen carefully I am not Bryan. The name is Lord Virus. I do not hate Conan Exiles. Data: Someone who love a game will be on their forums. Forums are normally dislike for one big reason. People who defend each part of game without logic. Most of you whom was for the game was against simple stats. Funcom needed to simple stats. Not the past mess we had. The new stats system I love.

This idea would test the ability of the funcom dev team. If they made this possible they would rise above all other open world survival games.

60 max clan size. Origins only has 1 created character per save file. I beat all of them. Dwarf love forever.