Followers dying randomly

Game mode: Online Private
Type of issue: Bug
Server type: PvE
Region: Europe

" died following you."
I play on both a non-modded and a modded server and have experienced a random follower death on both already after the update. On the modded server it was while standing still and giving the attack command to my follower she just died where she stood. And on the non-modded server it was while climbing a wall in my base he dropped dead when he started to run towards me.

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. The more details you provide us with the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:

1. Have a thrall follow you
  2. Move around and use commands
1 Like

Same thing happened to me in official server 1588 I already lost like 5 Thralls that way

Thralls seem to be taking falling damage for some reason. I lost a thrall to it teleporting to me while I was falling, then it died.

I don’t know if our two problems are linked, maybe a pathfinding / teleporting problem?
My follower is not dead, but twice since the update I noticed that my follower was no longer behind me following me. Looking at his position on the map I noticed that he had stayed very far behind for no reason. When I return to this place I do not see my follower. In fact instead of teleporting towards me to join me, he has disappeared from the game environment. I returned to my base, selected another follower, and a few minutes later the disappeared thrall luckily reappeared in its normal position near my base.

I agree - it seems like they are taking falling damage and teleport even short distances.

We had 2 freshly placed thralls die on us for no apparent reason.

A level 20 thrall with substantial life was hold his belly and I looked at his life - since there is no visible health bar on the thralls anymore - and he was at maybe 5% life … the stronger ones (especially with healing food in their inventory) seem to survive due to larger health pool + healing.

Just had this exact thing happen to us.
Kissthis fleshtearer porting from sepers to the sinkhole. Went from 8600 health to 500 health on the trip.
I"m thinking fall damage

Recently I too discovered that thralls are lazier. They stay behind waaay further than before, and just teleport to you after a while.
Also I lost my nordheimer (Gods were very… generous when they created her :stuck_out_tongue: ) berserker: the map showed she is right in front of me but not under the map not under meshes. A day after her status was returning home, but she was already at home.
Weird stuffs happen nowadays.

Everytime Funcom announces a new update, I refresh the decay time of my buildings just before the release and keep away from the game for at least 2-3 days after the release. I only play the game again after reading about all the care I have to take to avoid new problems that my rise. Now I’m reading about players loosing their thralls, and more than ever, I think I did the right thing when I didn’t play the game yesterday. I’m waiting for Funcom to tell us what’s happening, why Thralls are dying and if it will be fixed and when.

2 Likes

agree 100%
i have learned that playing the forums is less frustrating then playing the game after patch day.
i want to play real bad , but when i did yesterday , i was extremely frustrated with 8 different things , so i called it quits for 3 days .
cheers for a speedy hot fix!

2 Likes

I just lost my first and only Snowhunter to this. She was fighting and had 7k health and then I heard the splat noise and she was dead instantly. It took me forever to get her, and because of a bug she is gone.

3 Likes

2 Followers died when a player took an elevator. They died at the bottom of the elevator.

1 Like

I understand your pain and feel sorry for you. I would be very upset too.

I think it’s because fall damage doesn’t seem to be affected by armor after the latest update. So the thralls are just dying to constant fall damage, also doesn’t help that their health bars aren’t showing up for me.

I don’t see why Thralls should even suffer fall damage. There are too many situations wherein the player doesn’t have enough control to prevent said damage.

1 Like

If I have to guess when fixing the player fall damage, the thrall fall damage got adjusted as well. Considering they don’t path the way we do, they should indeed not take any fall damage.

I can repeat it by fighting rhinos, dragons, scorp bosses, anything that would normally put your thrall in the ground (like half sticking out before patch).

Same thing happen with my thrall level 20… I think I will just stop to play and wait for a patch or something…

Game mode: [Enter game mode here: (Online official)]
Type of issue: [Enter one of the following: Bug ]
Server type: [Enter one of the following: PvE]
Region: [UK]

3 of my follower vanished the first one just dissapeard while following not even a log what happend to him
the second one died from a skelleten while having full hp (11k)
the third one died from nothing just died

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. The more details you provide us with the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:
1.get a follower folloing you for a whil
2.wait until he vanishes or dies from literly nothing

This happened to me as well.

Just adding my experience as well; Cimmerian Berzerker on follow near by base in Sept City. It was a private server, PVE, but no mods.

I ran off one of the ledges near where the smiths spawn (there are anvils there) and was looking for another named. I’ve sprinted off that ledge with a thrall in tow dozens of times, and myself only took 10 damage or so.

Immediately got the message “Cimmerian Berserker has died following you”. Level 13, Nearly 10K health, in a full set of heavy cimmerian epic armor (which is another +5 vitality), and all items and weapons were lost as she fell through the ground/terrain in the area.

2 Likes