Followup: thralls showing armor even if not equipped

Game mode: official online
Type of issue: visual bug
Server type: PVE
Region: EU 1004

[Describe the bug here]

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. The more details you provide us with the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:

1. see thrall wearing Khitan medium even if inventory empty
  2. equip thrall with cimmerian armor, remove armor. see thrall naked
  3. one day later (after server restart) once again see thrall showing khitan medium

Followup on a topic from over a week ago that is closed.
Same bug on several other thralls that showed different (previous) armors.
The only connection on all was the Cimmerian armor that I used to “reset” the visual. I am sure its is not important as it was the first set at hand to use.

Screenshots before, at change and today are available, but due to nudity part, I chose not to include them.
Can provide if needed.

1 Like

I’m experiencing the same issue with thralls generating cloth armor tops spontaneously. I have an army of Amazon female thralls that are topless (don’t judge, lol) - they usually have boots, gloves and waist armor. Every time I log off and log back on some of them are wearing a basic cloth armor top. Even when i play a long session some of the thralls will slowly spawn cloth tops.

I did not include screen shots due to nudity. It happens to fighters, archers and dancers.

One workaround I’ve found is to change the thrall into the armor, or lack thereof. Ask them to follow. Once they are told to stop following, their wardrobe is set, regardless of (single player) server restarts. CE may behave differently in a multiplayer environment.

1 Like

Hey @Meo

Thanks again for the feedback. Sending it to our team so they can look into it :slight_smile:

I’ll try that trick. Thanks.

Either I was lucky or you are on to something.
Seems to have worked on 2 thralls (pve 1004) I tried that on those that had the “previous armor” problem described in original post.

1. remove armor
  2. follow
  3. stop following
  4. wait until server restart
  5. after restart thrall visuals as intended

Well had to wait for another restart to confirm.
As @Ciero9 pointed out in the first place, armor visual seem to get set on “stop following” command.

1. put thrall (with armor) on follow
  2. stop following
  3. remove armor (see thrall naked)
  4. wait for server restart
  5. see thrall wearing the armor even if inventory empty

Note: I tried this with follow/Stop following(official server). The follow/stand guard (single player test) combination seems not to trigger wrong visuals.

This bug is completely reproducable. Also managable (to eliminate unwanted visuals).

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.