Found the cause of purges not happening

Game mode: Online
Problem: Bug
Region: EU

When playing on official servers you will soon realize purges simply don’t happen to you.

Why is this? -
Well, purges only happen once every hour to a random clan/player on the server.

Except, it also takes into account clans/players who have been offline for multiple days!

After 3 weeks the amount of players being taken into account is well over 1000. This is why purges dont happen anymore because it keeps picking players who don’t even play on the server anymore.

Steps on how to reproduce issue:

1. Play on a server that has been up for a few weeks.
  2. Fill up the purge bar completely
  3. Purge won’t happen, no matter how long you wait

Easy fix:

Turn the purge setting “Minimum number of online players” from 0 to 1.

Most unofficial servers have already done this. Sadly official servers still have this bug.

3 Likes

Wouldn’t it be great if the makers of the game understood the ramifications of their own settings? :frowning:

1 Like

Actually that’s happening because clan members are shown as offline.

1 Like

We get picked for Purge up to 3 times a week sometimes on official server. The problem is that after getting our notification, it immediately tried is we survived it. In reality nothing happened and we were never attacked even though it says we have

I wish this was the case, I’m on an official PVP server and have been purged 4 times now. I just wish once that it would happen when I’m online. I hate coming back to see half my T3 base destroyed and never having a chance to defend it.