Fragments of power and its uses

1. You say that like it’s a bad thing… (Keep in mind, I’m a PvE player, so I’m not advocating for a lopsided PvP balance.)
  2. For me, it’s much more likely that I’ll accidentally AFK and lose everything on MY body than losing everything on a thrall. Even when they suicide into a deep lava ravine (like the ones beside the Obelisk), it’s generally possible to get that gear back pretty quickly. That said, I also I don’t give thralls items that I wouldn’t want to lose (Glimmermoon, Lovetap) except for brief periods (Lifeblood Spear).
  3. Kings don’t fight their own battles, that’s what champions are for! :smiley: Also, I literally have a large chest for each class of weapon to hold legendaries of that type, and they all contain quite a healthy supply of duplicates (with the notable exceptions of Glimmermoon and Lovetap because I keep losing them due to accidental AFK deaths). In the RP scenario you mention, I might consider it a price well paid for uncovering a servant that I dare not trust with more significant matters.
3 Likes

The fact you ask someone to help you get to Level 30 is so telling.

cuz i dont ned// havea use to work my butt off on another server? you’re the one asking me proofs and you dont seem to want to come over to mine so stay on your position and believe what you can. i have my own facts on my end and the people on my server to prove it.
so either
A- you give me a hand cuz i aint got time to waste on someone saying he doesn’t believe what i can prove.
B - you come over to my server and see it for yourself.

the choice is your

the isue with lifeblood spear is the fact that if placed on a thrall make that 2-4 lifeblood spear…it just makes your thrall unkillable unless they feel like taking a lava bath.

lifeblood spear offers 300 hp regen wich is removed the second that thrall takes dmg.
the health regen on lifeblood spear stays for 1 second after you//that thrall take damage
thralls are so poorly scripted that they auto swap weapons constantly when damaged.
if you put 2-4 lifeblood spears on your thrall…during a fight it takes dmg non stop so it changes weapon non stop. and the health regen is always sustained and worst thanks to someone who clearly didnt like scripting this part…the health regen stacks additionnaly…so its not rare for me to see my thrall with 2-3 regen buff form lifeblood spear during a UC run or even during a fight with undead dragon.

so if you hit unnamed city for a boss run once you even get 1 lifeblood on your thrall it makes boss fights extremely easy and you can chain farm fragments of power in an excessive way

[edit] shodl i get my hands on a 3rd one maybe 4th one for my thrall it would come out of white tiger boss fight with full hp since it could, in theory, heal through bleed stacks. i ahve not been that lucky with red mother since the last hotfix so i have yet to be able to test this one out

1 Like

Fragments are easy to get, but there are loads of uses for them. Even if you don’t use them for all the things personally. If you have too many, stop farming them.

If you want to farm them get a Relic Hunter Seeker they are easy to knock out. Put them in the best epic armor you can with a 2H dragonbone sword. Make healing arrows. Sit back and let them kill most everything with easy. Most fights you don’t need to heal you can just let them tank. The Red Mother will be a challenge.

1 Like

not even red mother is a joke

We get it, you have perfected the unnamed city. But that is a you problem, and the rest of us seem to enjoy the way it is set up. I can farm full inventory of iron in 30 minutes (that includes returning to base and dumping to smelters to start it), but i don’t just farm it 4 hours a day.
Maybe they can add more uses yes, but everything you write on here loses some credibility, as it seems it was created to just brag. That’s fine, but maybe you should stick to your own topic, and give suggestions for other uses, or re-title this I am the King of Unnamed City Farming.

Back to the thread topic…
Maybe make it part of crafting legendary weapon and armor repair kits. 1 FOP and 20 star metal make 3 legendary repair kits.

2 Likes

need a hug?
im only exposing what should have been thought about more carefully.
it shouldnt take 3 weeks to get at this point of strenght in a survival game.
and dont back away my offer still stand, you want proof come over to my server and see it for yourself.

as for the subject they need to give those items more use i will give you that one because something of this trenght even early in game should have more versatility and a cap towards feat points

While some of these weapons likely is a bit too powerful in the hands of a thrall, I also think that lifeblood spear might be too powerful in pvp…

I’m not sure, but I think that I might have fought someone using lifeblood spear.
Every time I got him close to dying he healed up in a few seconds, several times faster than I could with a combination of aloe soup and aloe extract.
I suspect he might have used the lifeblood spear and possibly some foods and other stuff in combination, but problem was that even if I hit a lot more than he hit me, I just couldn’t kill him.
I don’t consider myself an elite pvp fighter, but I hit him several times more than he hit me, but in the end I decided to run away because I just couldn’t kill him.
And if the lifeblood spear is as good a healing weapon as people say then I think it is OP and ruins pvp fighting a bit.

When I fight the red dragon or any other boss in UC I manage just fine without such weapons, I use 2 handed saword and my thrall use a spear because that is the best way for him to hit the dragon once he is stomped into the ground, we can kill it relatively fast and after the fight I use healing arrows to heal my thrall up again for the next boss fight.

On topic, I think there should be more uses for fragment of power and even some use for the insane amount of duplicate recipe scrolls, perhaps getting some gold from a merchant when selling those you already have.
Problem is that I have a chest full of duplicate recipe scrolls and those that can use most of them(level 60) already have a ton of the same themselves, and I continue to cash fragments in for recipe scrolls because I still only have a little more than half of them all, but would really like a way to get a little for those I have no use for :smiley:

2 Likes

Yeah, a blanket nerf would just punish anyone who doesn’t kit their thralls in op gear. I like to give my thralls a theme for different characters, regardless of power.

What use would healing arrows have in SMP if you couldn’t use them on the only friendly characters in the game?

What is a lifeblood spear? Is that a legendary weapon?

@Aaron: https://conanexiles.gamepedia.com/Lifeblood_Spear

2 Likes

The same use that trebuchets, avatars and bombs have in singleplayer… none (except they could still be used on other players when playing Co-op which is technically the same as singleplayer). Admittedly not an ideal solution, but then again there will always be items or feats that have no use in singleplayer.

Edit: At the very least, the Lifeblood spear shouldn’t work on thralls even if the healing arrows do.

1 Like

I’m kind of surprised a weapon like that was put in at all with how regen works normally. It seems really OP.

Maybe replace healing arrows with the bandages, and make them work on thralls outside of combat.

1 Like

That’s not an issue imo… around 300h, it’s a succes for a single area in a game…

300h / 3 weeks => 100h / week… i don’t know many people who play so much in a single area…
admit someone spend 20h / week it means 15 weeks to “complete” this area… give me one other area in the game who busy us so much ?

To finish : you have now all feats… i don’t see how you think it make someone more… powerful ?

So, if what you say is true: you play over 14 hours a day, every day, during a 3 week period. Is this true? And why would anyone want to advertise this fact or be proud of it?

i really did hurt you havent i?

Oh yes, I cry myself to sleep. Hey, all I am saying is that I don’t really buy your BS, end of story.

2 Likes

That’s a pretty annoying limitation for single-player to have! Have you thought about running a private server on the same PC or another PC in your house? (I’ve transferred save files from PC to PC, server to client & back without issue.) That would allow meteors to spawn properly without you having to camp Skyfall Ridge for hours.

I have literally found 1 node of Star Metal. Everytime you reset the server (exit the game) the star metal is de-spawned and the “timer” starts to send star metal down. For most things this is a benefit (Iron is always respawned… or if you want to cheese Fragments of power just sit at one location and then start and quit the game over and over. they have a 50% spawn rate so they will eventually spawn. You can also get infinity Legendary Repair kits this way in Single player/co-op as there is a chest with one in it.

I don’t do that I tested it when I was learning about the Relics of Power as I literally went through the whole unnamed city and it seemed not one was spawned in the locations I could get to easily. lol So I tested to see if they were in the game as there was some conflicting info. I quickly realized one could cheese that hard in single player.

Star metal though you have to wait for the event which can take an hour or two after a server goes up (you start a play session) (or 5/8/10 I haven’t found a specific pattern)

Star Metal nodes do spawn rarely though without the shower just FYI. I have found two nodes the first time I had no explosives on me. The second I did. I made just enough to get the journey step and then ran past the undead dragon and went dragon bone hunting in the unnamed city.