Freezing/Crashing ps4

Game mode: [Offline | Singleplayer]
Problem: [Crash/Freeze]
Region: [North America]

I’m using the Original PS4.
Freezing/crashing 6 to 10 times an hour since last update.
It was only 1 or 2 times an hour at first. Only while I was building or dismantling anything.
Now it happens 6 to 10 times an hour randomly. Sometimes while just walking. It freezes faster if I’m building or dismantling anything. Just placing a standing torch will make it freeze.
I have to go to home screen, push options button, then click “Close Application” option. Then click game to restart it.
Everytime it happens anything I’ve done for the last few minutes is not saved.
Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

Steps on how to reproduce issue:

1. Start game.
  2. Walk around.
  3. Try building or dismantling anything.
  4. Watch it freeze.

Saw a recent post where someone was experiencing the same issue you describe. He solved it by cleaning his PS4 throughly. Might be worth looking into.

2 Likes

Clearing?
Sorry. I’m not sure what that involves.
Can you elaborate?

Sorry. Auto correct changed cleaning to clearing.

My friend and I are having the same issue. Gets worse every day. Before patch it would crash about once an hour. Months ago when we started playing it would only crash once every couple days. It now crashes every 5-10 minutes. Always have to redo the last couple things you did, and sometimes lose items/thralls/pets etc. Basically unplayable.

We thought maybe because we have too many thralls and pets, or have built too much but isn’t that one of the main things you do in the game? That’s all just a guess and I came here to see anyone had any idea why it was happening or how to fix. Please advise.

PS4 / Single Player / Co-Op

Hello @RafaelFreeman and @fifeimages, welcome to the forum!

We’ll need additional details in order to determine what could be behind the performance issues:

• PS4 Model
  • HDD or SSD
  • Is it stable playing other demanding games?
  • Does it exhibit any signs of overheating?
  • Do you also have performance issues playing Solo or Online?
  • Have you tried reinstalling the game then starting a fresh singleplayer game?

As @Wak4863 has mentioned, a user has recently mentioned that after cleaning and removing the dust inside his console, his performance improved after this latest patch.

1 Like
  • Original PS4
  • Original 500gb Drive (I believe HDD?)
  • Yes stable playing other heavy games. Red Dead Redemption, Gran Turismo…
  • No signs of overheating
  • Tried a new solo game on my machine, both online and co-op and there does not appear to be an issue. Played for a couple hours with no crash. (the game with the issue is my friend’s co-op that I join - he has the same exact ps4 as me and has constant crashing whether I’m playing with him or not)
  • Have not tried reinstalling on either machine. Was worried about losing the game entirely. We’ve invested a large amount of time into crafting and losing all that would be…well…too much to continue playing. Would it not lose all that data on a reinstall?

Thank you

Thank you for providing additional details @fifeimages, as there doesn’t seem to be any issue with your system, it might be the case that, on a specific area of the server, there’s just too much going on ( thralls, buildings, placeables ) for it to handle, and the stress caused might lead it to crash.

Could you provide more information, if possible through screenshots and / or video, of any area that could fit in the above description?

1 Like

Thanks for your reply. So it is possible for there to be too many thralls/pets? and too many crafted buildings? I’ve been suspicious of numerous thralls but wasn’t really thinking that crafting/building alone could cause the system to have errors. I could try to get a screenshot of the area where our main buildings are but the crashes also happen while journeying across the land far away from this area so not sure if those crashes would still be effected by thralls/pets/buildings way out of rendering range.

Our currently plan is to kill off a bunch of thralls but continue building and see if the stability improves…

1 Like

Sounds to me like you are joining your friend. Your friends PS4 is the server in that case. Is his game crashing when your game crashes? Lots of things come into play on Coop.

1. The strength of your connection.
  2. The health and cleanliness of his machine as well as yours.
  3. The limitation of the PS4 system to act as a server.

My suggestion is find a server you can both play on at the same time. Pick an official one to start or rent a server from G Portal.

2 Likes

I was also experiencing a lot of crashes and freezes. I use an original ps4 and I play Singleplayer. (offline.) I thought the same that maybe because I had 100+ pets and a 100+ thralls that maybe it couldn’t handle all the animation. So I started over on a new map and the crashes/freezing has stopped. So this time through I am not going to have half as many pets/thralls. I’m sure one point there’s a limit before it starts crashing.

Freezing and crashing on PC as well. Posted about it but was ignored. Issues persist.

It’s mostly the host ps4 that crashes although occasionally mine will crash as well. Additionally sometimes I’ll have to log out and re log-in because certain menu/crafting items won’t be available. So all Co-Op servers are just run off the original “single player” user’s machine? I wasn’t aware of that. Makes sense though, now that you mention it.

My understanding is that the host PS4 is the server.

Yesterday i have 6 freeze on Day, i have never freeze before, also other strange things, lags, disapering wheel of pain. (ps4 is clean and not overheated)
Like be server badly restarted, last few Days diferent bug happend each days

Ps4/ps4 pro / ssd / 100/150 LAN fiberfactor or Lte tested

• Original PS4
  • Original 500gb Drive HDD with 2 TB external storage HDD(not used with Conan Exiles).
  • Stable playing other games. Battlefield 1, Fortnite, Apex.
  • No signs of overheating.
  • I only play solo/offline.
  • Downloaded version.
  • I don’t see a lot of dust in console but I will clean it to see if that helps.
  • I have not tried reinstalling.

If I uninstall and reinstall will I lose my progress?
If I lose my progress I won’t play it again.

Some of my friends are interested in Conan Exiles but are hesitating buying it because of this issue. Several on PS4, a couple on XBox and 1 on PC.

My building is extensive. I will also try dismantling some buildings I don’t need to see if that helps.

Upload your data to an external or the online PS4 storage before you reinstall, and you will be fine.

Your issue is the RAM in the original PS4. I was using a slim, and I had crashes. I moved the game to an external SSD and reduced the crashes. I then upgraded to a Pro and have zero crashes now.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.