Funcom Feedback loop closure on Support and Removing problem players

I’ve made sure that this video / topic etc is in compliance with the TOS. So if this post is edited, closed or removed its because of other reasons.

I openly ask the question to the community and funcom. What are we doing with this whole exploiter / cheater ecosystem and what are the next steps. How do we actually get ahead of this and less about haggling the toss on what cheats are being used.

All games suffer from exploits, however the games that last are the ones where the publishers outwardly show signs of working to stamp them out. Facepunch for example dont keep an open dialogue you report the cheater, you wait days, you get an email, “person is banned thankyou” and everyone moves on with their day… the loop has closure…

Funcom it just drags on…and you never get closure.

Closure is important. Where is the closure on this set of issues and how do we get that going forward?

4 Likes

Im done with conan after spending so long in a never ending toxic loophole of fighting players who cheat. Whole video is pretty accurate dont get me wrong i love the game and i think it couldve gone far and been one of if not the best survival game on the market but funcom have ridden it into the dirt with their hands off approach. I mean did they think that saying dont cheat but not doing anything will help with it all.

3 Likes

Can’t say I disagree with anything in your video. I’ve never personally seen a post get deleted, so I’ll have to take your word that it happens.

I thought the bit at the end about doing away with official servers entirely was really interesting. I’d never considered that possibility before. In a world like that I wonder how new players would be supported. Helping them find their first server would be essential in terms of growing the player base.

1 Like

Deleted is probably rare, but locked and unlisted (which is effectively the same thing) happens. Sometimes (if rarely) for what I’d consider frivolous reasons.

Funcom prefers not to disclose the identities of cheaters witch is respectable in some ways but in others is slightly irresponsible. If a toxic player runs around walling off every poi on a server and undermeshing then it is unlikely getting banned from servers will discourage them. Likely this is how they determine a victory because their lives are that empty. If they were publicly known then unofficial servers and other players could keep an eye on their behavior to see if they are still engaging in bannable behavior or if they have learned from their mistakes. By keeping this info private they are protecting the people who didn’t realize they were breaking the rules and are truly sorry but also assisting the guilty in furthering their crime spree. It really is a double edged sword and there is no right answer. Maybe a number of players permanently banned and temporarily banned with no other information so people could see that progress is being made but I doubt that is going to happen as it is so against funcom’s style.

1 Like

Honest question:
What happens if a cheating player is someone who spent a lot of real money (good client) within the game?
Banning/punishing a “big munne” spender could push this client out of the game, while punishing (maybe?) a low-buyer client could be easier to do (who cares losing someone who didn’t bring much money?)
What if a clan is composed by many “money-whalers” that actively keep bringing money into the game?
Would you really punish them for cheating? Or just giving 'em a “friendly warning”?
This is the question behind everything;
would you “fight for justice” or “fight for money”?

That’s the rotting path of the videogame industries nowadays…

(https://i.gjcdn.net/data/games/6/93/394593/media/game-description/5d091f11220af-tdp2wfbf.gif)

That sounds like something that might apply to dishonest purveyors of microtransactional-based games (morally questionable to begin with).

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.