Funcom Financial Report Q2 2018

Assets and functional code, not the same thing. Sure the assets are there, it’s probably not even a copy paste, its still in the code, just inactive as you said. The combat system, among other things, is a big part of why you can’t just throw the old content in and have it work. Other things would be the new gearing system … that calls for different balance. The difficulty scaling systems. Don’t think for a moment you just tweak a few stats, it is also changing some mechanics. The interaction system, i mean we have some interactions in game as is, that clearly ain’t optimal for SWL, a good example why it needs restructuring. It’s not like moving furniture around in your home. It comes with the risk of having your oven eat your TV in the process, and that would be the better outcome.

It’s not new content. Doesn’t matter how much backend stuff needs to be done to get it to work in the new game. That’s an entirely moot point. All that matters is the end user experience. How deep in the Kool-Aid are you if you think that the same old content from TSW put into SWL is somehow new because it took some tweaking behind the scenes to work with the new game mechanics?

This is like saying remastering a movie from film to HD makes it a new movie or that putting a book onto a digital e-reader is a new book.

Ridiculous.

Judging from how often you can change the visuals of the death star exploding, that’s a real thing.

If they add content to SWL, it’s new content in SWL, even if it was content that was in TSW before.

Content that we had in TSW might not be new content to the old TSW players. Fair point. That doesn’t change the fact that it takes time to reimplement in SWL. It also doesnt change the fact that it is new content to players who never touched TSW.

The implication is also that because it was in TSW, vets don’t care about it being in SWL? Which is ridiculous, especially since the last update included the reworked faction missions specifically BECAUSE of the demand from players for their return.

Everyone who runs dungeons, new and vet alike, wish more dungeons were in rotation in Elite. Everyone wanting the return of the Manufactories want them to play them, not just because they’re holding back museum completion.

Acting like content from TSW being added to SWL doesn’t count as content is a kind of ridiculous entitlement that I had hoped wasn’t present in this community.

3 Likes

I guess that is a matter of opinion. You’re entitled to yours and other are entitled to theirs. Whilst it is content, it may be a bit rich to call it “new” content. At least in the same sense as “we relaunch the game so we can add more new content”. Given that at this point a big big chunk of the remaining community are vets from TSW, it makes sense that the view it isn’t new content is becoming more prominent.
That said, i believe Bless online editor nearly managed to get away with this kind of apporach during the “early access” of Bless on Steam. Nearly.

People are entitled to their opinions, even if they are wrong.

Well there IS still a lot or copy paste, when asked about making a new dungeon from scratch they said that it would be as much work as a new zone.

But you are totally right, tweaking and adapting takes Time, especially with an old homebrew legacy engine. And it takes them even more time than what you’d expect from other game companies because their team was small at the release of SWL and even smaller now that they moved most of the team to the the new Project.

[quote=“Aeryl, post:23, topic:34825”]
They don’t have to put a date on it. Even vague ones. Just things that are “on the list™” or being worked on would be helpful.

Is Dark Agartha still going to be a thing?[/quote]

Unlikely, given comments in Discord. It went the way of Black Ops and other assorted ideas.

At this point, I lean towards nope-- after over a year since the relaunch, and not even a whisper of them being a thing besides ‘this would be hard, it’s on par with making a new dungeon.’ Even with the lack of Manufactory leaving a significant plot hole, I’m not going to hold my breath.

Probably more systems like the Agent missions instead of an actual new scenario. How long have we wanted new scenarios? 3 years plus?

:man_shrugging:

I don’t really buy that. Surely designing and creating a dungeon from scratch takes more work than taking an existing one and making it work.

But even if it were true, it’s not like we’re getting new dungeons, either. If we did, the absence of the old ones would be easier to excuse.

1 Like

Well. Given 90% of players skip 1/5 of the dungeons when at level because of issues they have making it work, even after they fixed part of the problem there…

:man_shrugging:

Today’s news seems to indicate that unless they explicitly say “never,” there’s always a chance! :smiley:

1 Like