@Funcom - Kinda Miffed At You Guys

It’s the problem with drip feeding stuff - each drip is probably only going to satisfy a small section of the playerbase. Story is the hardest to create on a small scale, as there are so many different writers, scripters, artists, MoCap, audio etc people to organise. Hopefully we’ll get another story drip soon, but I’d guess it’ll come after the anniversary stuff :confused:

1 Like

one can only hope.
Animated gif uploaded by Lux. Find images and videos about gif, star wars and hologram on We Heart It - the app to get lost in what you love.

I would obviously prefer new story content in SWL before creating or publishing new games. But since they need persuade investors to keep investing it’s likely they need to keep developing the most popular games (CE atm) and fund new ones to boost the company and their name. I can’t imagine how hard it is to sell SWL to investors and justify added cash flow into it even though I would love if they drenched it in $$$. I’m remain optimistic (as the passive swede I am) and I’m hoping more will get eyes on SWL if they like MoM. I met a few who started playing TSW after they played The Park so why not?

Funcom had their most successful year to date last year and finished finally - debt free.

I’m not saying they should start chucking $£$£$ into SWL, (even tho money is being put into it from the customer) because i do firmly believe that all the content for SWL has been developed already and is having minor tweaks done to it to polish it off (i use that term loosely in FC’s case) - I don’t think they need to convince investors of anything. It’s the community they need to convince.

One clue is that the team were moved from SWL to another project.
Does that sound like they are working on anything for SWL? Not to me it doesn’t, which says that what they have - they have already and are just sitting on it.

Complete guesswork on my part tho lol
because we know nothing! lol

people already know where i sit with what i want to see and whether that comes or not - with any of it - for anyones wants - remains to be seen.

I honestly hope your hunch is right and they already have things more or less fully developed and it’s just a manner of integration done by one or few developers or polished (cinematics etc.). Would be so great. As long as there’s hope and yaddayadda. :slight_smile:

I doubt they have much ready at all.
What I think is that there is a small number of people working on SWL - and perhaps not even spending all their time on SWL, but working on other projects in parallell.
What we are getting and will be getting is content that:
a) Takes a long time for players to “finish”, i.e. grindy stuff, just to keep people logging in
b) Requires relatively little resources to develop. So no new dungeons or zones.

It has been a long time since we got so much as a hint of them working on a continuation of Season 2 of the story.
To tell the truth, I don’t think they are working at all on more story content any longer, and we will never find out what happens next in the story - but they won’t be willing to admit this straight out, which is part of the reason why we hear so little from Funcom.
I would love to be proven wrong though.

Honestly, at this rate I expect the next bit of story to be about a year into the next iteration of Secret World.

I do believe we are attending a funeral…
How soon that is is anyone’s guess.
The coffin may even be empty…

1 Like