Funcom mentions first "DLC pack" to be released in June

, ,

There is a pretty well known bug on PC where if you upgrade your ceilings and foundations from sandstone to a higher tier, the objects that were on them have a chance of disappearing upon the next server restart. I lost a few named thralls in armorer benches with a lot of materials in them due to this bug recently.

1 Like

When I upgraded my donut, I lost an imp. blacksmith with T4, a carpenter’s stand with T4, and 6 chests filled with resources, armor, and unplaced thralls(some where T4’s). It was specifically the stuff that were on triangular foundations.

2 Likes

Yeah, that is a real shame. All that time spent gathering, hunting, crafting and enslaving all down the pooper.

I came from the world of MMO’s, but this title and it’s mechanics really caught my eye. The shame is that the MMO’s I played never had these kinds of game breaking bugs, so it is unnerving to see major problems even after release on such a fun title. Hopefully the 500 bug fixes in the upcoming patches will fix most of the major issues without breaking something else…

1 Like

I agree, and I’ve actually taken a break from the game on official PvP due to bugs and issues that I’ve found.

I hope that these bugfixes are substantive, because it is an excellent game when it performs as intended.

To play Devils advecate on this, CD Projeckt Red released 16 pieces of free DLC and 2 paid for expansions for Witcher 3… So DLC can be free in that regard. (I’m hoping it will be free) :slight_smile:

1 Like

It’s not. :frowning:

3 Likes

Free content is coming, too, with new features, dungeons, god, combat mechanics etc…

2 Likes

but… when will it be released :slight_smile:

They just said in facebook they took down / up the PS4 servers to prepare for the next DLC, so I hope its soon!

1 Like

yass then i can finally add some pieces to my base in a different style :slight_smile:

(the part you see here is still under construction )

4 Likes

And I thought my base is big…

3 Likes

My base is basically a cube – although I am in the process of expanding with new buildings – and your base puts mine to shame. My toon is Nordheimer and my first new construction project is a moderately sized “Mead Hall.” Eventually I’ll have a castle like wall structure surrounding a decent sized area. I’m hoping it will eventually look a bit like a town.

I can hardly fathom the amount of gathering you endured and the materials you expended to build that!

Anyone have a guess how many pieces are in that thing? hahahaha

@Shadoza Yes it would cause a lot of ‘frame chopping’ as pieces are loaded/rendered in.

Easy to apawn base in huh?

If I’m not mistaken, it costs players money to rent private servers, yes? (that’s rhetoricsl btw)

There are thousands of private servers out there. These are paid monthly.

All that rental money doesn’t go to that specific server.

Server provision runs through GPortal, not Funcom. It’s likely that GPortal doesn’t benefit much from content DLC released by Funcom. GPortal is making their money on private server rentals.

This ‘they need money to run the servers’ argument has never really held up even when developers do provide their own servers, it certainly doesn’t hold up in this case.

usually not actually, just very sporadically. It usually just crashes the entire game :joy: (which used to range from every 10minutes when building in or near the major structures to once a hour in the villages surrounding it).

In the thread share-your-shelter in the fanworks section there are more pics, among one of them where i marked it on the map, the first part i did in survival (dark blue). when this became tedious i switched to admin mode (basically when i figured out how to actually get in admin mode) but yeah i spent a hell of a lot of time walking up north to get black ice and to farm brimstone. iron is easy to come by and isnt a long walk.

I have 50pts invested in encumberance and the rest in vitality :stuck_out_tongue: I also use the zamorian thief gear with daggers when farming resources. I tend to avoid combat when doing so.

2 Likes

by now 3/5th is spawned in thru admin panel, i gave up getting resources after a while :p, ive been building in admin mode for a week or 2 now, and roughly since launch i played in survival.

but yeah, can you imagine the bliss i had when i found out you can FLY ?!

i only found out after i build the large round tower in the corner tho… wanted to smash my head in a wall cause i died like 6 times when building the roof…

Over 10k total probably. half of wich are foundations. the other half are ceilings and walls and stairs and fences etc.

Roofs alone are about 500-600 for the black castle.

on another note, is there any info regarding the single player crash on load (caused by the 14.06.18 update)? cause id love to play again :slight_smile: