Funcom Taking a Month Off? Exploiters Win. R.I.P. Conan

, ,

Yea I am sorry but most people on the server I play have been patiently waiting and told it’s coming this week to only be pushed back to August! I won’t be one of them but you just lost a lot of players unfortunately …

3 Likes

How about we play the game. I will give you an abstract of 2 different companies “About us” section, and you will guess which one is about FUNCOM (be honest, you can google it later :grin: )

We want company X to be a game developer where creative people can come together and leave a mark on the industry. We might not always get it right, but we always do it with passion and the desire to create something special and unique.

By focusing on creating well-designed, highly enjoyable entertainment experiences, company X has maintained an unparalleled reputation for quality since its inception.

Blimbeard, you are fully right, but:

• did you officially release a software knowing it’s full of bugs, and did you work on additional (paid) features, before fixing critical bugs on the software?
  • did you take a 3 week off, knowing there are many and huge issues with that officially released software?
  • did you make news and news promises and statements that you didn’t follow?

They just create an unrealistic expectations, and now users are mad because have those expectations.

For me Funcom only sweet talking of “regular bug fixes”, improvements and etc. and actually don’t follow any of their plans for the game and it’s future. From my point of view they are acting like have no plan and change their minds on a daily basis.

Cannot sat something on Friday stream and in a 5 days users to see something completely opposite.

And the main problem with Funcom is that they don’t try to fix the root of the problems, instead they using most of their resources to fight the consequences, and all that come out of control.

They just have to introduce Code of conduct, report system, and to hire couple of GMs.
In a couple of weeks everything will be back to normal.

There always gonna be an issues, and they will have enough time to fix them if prevent users from abusing those issues.

Now I’m pissed off not because there are bugs and it takes months to be fixed, but because Funcom hides them (with an excuse that don’t want to be spread), and because they letting some of the players to use those “unintended mechanics” while others just tried to play fair - you are starting to get an avalanche effect of unhappy users.

I want to see players get banned from official servers because of using exploits. It’s not about to ban straight away, since some guys may not know it’s unintended mechanic, but warning, then ban on a clear rules it’s what that game needs.

Of course - I don’t want a police on each server and want as less moderation as possible, but should have some basic rules.

P.S.
Funcom, thank you that you are restricting my account here.
No matter that I’m registered for months, had many posts, fulfill many conditions and etc - I still cannot post links, create topics, have limited posts per day and more.

Nice way to keep my month closed. Not.

6 Likes

I’m not waiting another month for these dumbass issues to be fixed. I’m done.

1 Like

I wonder if at some point during that presentation Bylos really believed what he was saying, and then the whole roadmap got derailed somehow?

5 Likes

Pfft, more like a bad sense of humour…XD

Fn’ ridiculous! So we still have to deal with all the server crashes too! Bet that won’t be fixed by vacation time! Fucc!!!

Last time I checked July 4th to start of August is about a month… July being a vacation heavy month I am expecting this decision is due to FC missing some significant devs during July in case the 500 hotfix hits the fan.

Take July to play Outside MMO, it’s pretty great, very realistic!

1 Like

Sorry… I love Conan Exiles… BUT at the moment it isn’t playable at all. I have fought for you on Facebook and that told evertime that you are working really hard to make things better but now this? You game is broken since the last bugfix! Wheels can’t be used, Thralls vanishing without a reason, Mobs fly away after kiling, Bosses don’t work as intended, Roofs collapse after the last fix… and you are telling us that you need a rest? That is just smashing your fans right in the face. I understand that you are exhausted but that is your own fault. IF you hadn’t forced this date and delayed it for let us say two to three weeks… you wouldn’t have this stress and we maybe had a game that is working. But so? You’ve lost a couple of fans with this… and I dare to say… not just the 6 from our private server!

3 Likes

Reading that the staff at Funcom Norway are off on Vacation and delaying (again) the 500+ bug fix seems to be when they are starting their own decay timer for the whole game.

Seriously, they know there is alot of bugs in the game they released early, the just recently wiped orbs for example because of a exploit which in turn annoyed and caused alot of legit players to quit after having no warning that ever orb they had worked hard to get were being removed because Funcom was incompetent again and couldnt find a fair fix.
Also instead of actually FIXING the regen exploit they just fully disabled regen from dancers (whats the point in having dancers now other than corruption which is minimal compared to in EA)

And that was before they announce the
“hey guys our game is so broken we have well over 500+ bugs in the game that we should have fixed before release while the game was in early access but well we needed money so released early and now have to fix 500+ issues (more like 10000+)”

And then 3-4 test live patches and updates for the 500+ bugs and a post on how the “update will be released this week on PC”

Not even a whole 24 hours since they posted that, they then decided
“erm well you know that 500+ bug fix we have for our very broken game??? yea? well erm we kinda cant release that this month at all and we are all going on vacation so we will release it maybe in a months time”
“oh yeah we forgot to say that we at Funcom can take vacations for a whole months and leave a broken game but you suckers cant even go on vacation for more than 144 hours or you lose EVERYTHING hahahaha thats if stuff that is bugged doesnt just randomly vanish or get removed by exploiters, sucks too be you on official servers lolz and we recently wiped all your orbs derp”"

So im pretty sure that during Funcoms vaction their player base is going to decay and unfortunatly i dont think any bug fix will bring them back.

I really do wonder what they learned in early access, the game was ripe with bugs and exploiters and they took 6+ months to fix things like stealth raiding though walls and duping explosives.
Seems like nothing was learned except pushing out the game way too early with way too little staff, poor community managers and cringey (and now worse with the over forced enthusiasm ) live streams and rushed and not tested DLC (which i admit is nice dlc if it wasnt broken or broke more of the base game)

Seriously Funcom if you had not posted the patch would be this week at all you would have maybe saved yourself or at least extended your decay timer. But instead you make a complete fool of yourself showing how incompetent your whole community team is by announcing patch will be this week and within 24 hours say that it will be delayed a month.

Were you not nearly bankrupt a not so long ago??
Did you learn nothing?

Decay timer started lets see how long it lasts. I know i for one will not be playing much at all now, my official pvp servers already gone from averaging 30 players a day down to 4 and that was since the last patch when you removed orbs.

Pretty sure the post will be removed and ill be banned from the forum because that is Funcoms way of controlling the situation.
Hi Nicole, you know im correct.

10 Likes

Amazing, very well said XDDD
Without even going to vacation, I feel myself slaved to the game. Now they dont patch it till next month or who knows when, me like many, decided to go into maintenance mode. But omg! Dont forget to come back to each base every 3-4 days, or it will be gone forever XD. Yes, max decay time is 144h, but even knowing that, not every structure of my base has that timer, because not everything is connected, so at 100h or so I start losing some fences, towers etc

Dont forget you also have to check everything with a repair hammer just to make sure the timer is working, and even then it might say 144 hours, you might have build a good structure with walls and doors and ceilings but it much just randomly decay anyway. Happened to me yesterday, build a small 4x4 house, with roof and doors on top of a rock literally a 3 second climb from my main base. Said it had 144 hours on it (which it should because its in my main base range) but an hour later is was in even log decayed to verfallsystem (yeah that german translation bug has been in since early access and still cant be translated for other clients)

Love the decay timer usage. They really need to add some kind of method to extend it. They wouldn´t be able to keep it themselves.

But with that said, I can understand the vacation part, despite how much we all want the patch now.

Bad planning from management? No doubt. But the person down on the floor still needs vacation.

2 Likes

I have played I think 500h on same official server since release. I also suffered what you say, of course!

Now I built a small outpost close to Frozen Bridge Obelisk. There is a no build radius around it, which is great.

So I built my base not at 1 meter from the no build radius, but at say 500m, just to be sure.

Every day I have some fence to disappear, or fish traps, or torches, planters etc. Anything there, or on top of the frozen lake (which allows to build) disappears on server restart xD

No point in giving them crap for taking a vacation. It’s the time of year when everyone in Norway has a vacation, it’s not just Funcom employees deciding they deserve it. Announcing that the patch would go live this week and then having to regret that statement is an whole other issue.

Sure people can take vacations. PEOPLE not a whole company!
Especially when they admit there is 100s of bugs 500+ at least. And not before its released!

Its not bad planning from management its just bad management pure and simple.

No competent business would make an announcement of a big thing such as the 500+ fixes to a broken game they released less than 2 months ago that the patch would be THIS WEEK and then in less than 24 hours of that announcement post again that they are ALL going on vacation and abandoning the patch until they return.

No competent business would make such a fool of themselves and risk losing what few customers they have.
The sad thing is that Funcom is not small business, they are not new to the games industry and they are not even new to their own business nearly going bankrupt.
But yet they still have learned nothing since they first set up Funcom and obviously learned nothing when they just about saved themselves from being bankrupt.

But i guess after their vacation they can always have another steam sale and more cringey live streams to try and gain a few new players. They dont seem to care much for their current ones.

2 Likes

No matter how much you hate it. They are entitled to vacation by law.

They had expected to release the patch this week. But due to issues it requires more testing that goes into the vacation period. Sure it sucks, but it is as it is.

And don’t use the bug count number as any excuse. Your CPU got a few 100 bugs, your phone SoC and GPU got 1000s of bugs, your OS got 100000s of bugs and so on.

2 Likes

So in Norway EVERYONE shuts up shop and no one does a thing for a month?
All shops, banks, businesses, emergency service ect all stop doing anything?? no of course not.
And Funcom is trying to be a worldwide AAA games company (for the second time after rebrand) they have more than 1 studio and staff who are not Norwegian but still lets not work on getting the fixes the game desperately needs out and THEN take staggered vacations NO lets just put it all on hold, lock the doors and forget about it for a month.
Which is what many players will do this month also now.

Staggered vacation isn’t easy if you have to plan with kids and wife.

There is a reason why its called “industrial vacation”. Pretty much all industries shut down. Same when China as Chinese new year. 2 weeks the entire country more or less shuts down.

1 Like

Its no excuse on my side, im not the one who recently saved myself from bankruptcy, im not the one who released a game early or posted about it needing hundreds of fixes, nor am i the one who posting announcement about releasing things this week and then in less than 24 hours updating it to say next month.

I never said people are not allowed vacations as you can see in the reply above.

1 Like