Type of issue: Performance
Server type: PvE
Region: America

Acer Predator Helios 300 / PH315-52-710B
Intel Core i7-9750H
GeForce GTX 1660 Ti
16GB DDR4
512GB PCIe NVMe SSD

stuttering in-game. First I thought it was an issue with a swapped ssd, but the game continued to show stuttering when I installed it into the main drive.

-Disabled the in-game vsync - switched to “use 3d application” in Nvidia’s Manage 3D Settings
Did notice a slight improvement, but stuttering is still persistent.

GPU drives are current: Nvidia studio - Version: 451.77

Managed to find the issue/ bug.
Lowering the texture to medium/low gets rid of the issue. :frowning:
Issue returns when textures are set on high/ultra.
All other settings are set to ultra with anti aliasing on 6x.

Is there…anything I can do to be able to play with textures on ultra ? I don’t think my laptop is that old yet … :grimacing:

My laptop has almost the same components (CPU and GPU, even less RAM) and I’m able to play with ultra-settings. No game-breaking stuttering and just light performance issues for example near a greater wheel of pain & in some places of Sepermeru. I’m absolute no pc-expert. Power limitation due to insufficient cooling?

Fans seem to be working well, temps stay around the mid 60s when I’m playing on ultra. :thinkup:

Maybe it’s a Windows setting? Possibly something in the power saver vs performance line of settings?

Do you have more than one SSD drive? If so, move your pagefile off of the drive with your OS (typically C:\ drive in Windows). You can Google how to do that, it’s easy. Also be sure to close most Internet browsers, especially Chrome.

Change your cpu mode to performance in control panel (power settings)

Also try the steam file repair tool, I had a similar issue with another game once and checking the files helped because there was one file broken or something like that, suddenly I was able to use a specific graphics setting again which would kill my game before.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.