Game keeps freezing, huge fps drops - solved

Greetings, I’m experiencing huge fps drops when playing the game. I’ve replaced my motherboard and problems have started afterward. Any other game works perfectly fine except for this one.
I always have vsync on, I’ve disabled it for the game which ameliorates the problem but still happens quite often. Reinstalling OS and the game didn’t yield any results.

My spec is this
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Intel Core i5 4670K @ 3.40GHz
8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 798MHz (11-11-11-28)
INTEL H81 (SOCKET 0)
SyncMaster (1920x1080@60Hz)
2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 (ASUStek Computer Inc)
Storage
1863GB Seagate ST2000DM008-2FR102 (SATA (SSD))
Optical Drives
ASUS DRW-24D5MT
Audio
Realtek High Definition Audio

My bet would be on memory.

1 Like

MemTest86+ says ok, i have no visual or any other problem with any other game, so my gpu is prolly alright.

seems slow even on ddr3 RAM.
did you activate xmp profile for RAM on BIOS? Maybe problems with drivers as you mentioned you switched mainboard?

I dont have that option, so i manually set 1600, bios says its 1600 but cpu-z says 798 again. Game freezes the same.
I’ve installed fresh windows and fresh game on top of that (horror of 500kb/s download).

Another OS re-install solved the problem. No clue what happened but atleast i can play now. Thanks for the help all.

sometimes when i open the game i get low fps, a quick alt tab fixes that… some map places have also poor performance, wild lands or thunder river for example, are terrible…