Gameplay unplayable due to lag issues

Hey my friend has got a private server through GPortal and it works fine from time to time but we do get a lot of rubber banding or freezing. I personally suffer the worse of it due to my wireless network connection (the way the house is laid out I can’t help it)

However my other friends have similar issues just not as frequently as I do. Bases not loading completely for a while, NPCs not loading at all but still attacking you. I personally whenever fighting an animal have to watch it teleport once before I can engage with them.

Attacking monsters and seeing their health bar stay the same and then 3 seconds later they take a big hit and you do to. We opened a ticket with GPortal but the server is running fine, I did however see comments about OG PS4s vs PS4 pros. Me, and 3 of my friends have pros and I think the rest are normal PS4s and I am unsure if we are the ones suffering more.

I love this game and I am learning to ‘deal’ with this server lag, rubber banding and teleporting stuff but I wish it could be fixed soon.

1 Like

Just started playing coop with a friend the day before the last patch, and even with a little lag it was running fine enough to be playable. Since downloading the latest patch/update the issues have skyrocketed. Changing between tools/weapons, although being instant on my end, doesn’t actually register until my tools changes from his view. So I can be harvesting something with a tool, be attacked so change weapon but am unable to defend myself for up to a minute before the game registers the change. And, that’s before I touch on my friend not rendering/enemies not rendering. Sometimes I am lucky and their weapons render so I can at least tell where people are.

We are playing single player/coop online and not on servers, however, I stress there were no issues two days ago…

Was really enjoying it the day before the patch but, if it doesn’t improve I won’t be playing again.

2 Likes

Continuing the discussion from Gameplay unplayable due to lag issues:

Game mode: [Online | Singleplayer]
Problem: [Crash | Bug | Performance | Misc]
Region: [Here]

[I’m sorry for the delayed response. I am using a ps4 pro. I thought I disclosed that info in my thread my apologies for not.]

Steps on how to reproduce issue:

If you look throughout the forum there are quite a lot of posts stemming around lag/performance issues to do with audio, rendering and general glitchiness around the PS4 pro. Since the game was released I think in May 2018 there have been posts about it with what seems to be no progression - though they do seem to be releasing a lot of DLC packs, that’s something they clearly care about.

3 Likes

Ps4 pro-t használok.a conan 2018.aug óta van meg 4 vásárolt dlc-vel…
2hete nem tudokbelépni a single playbe sem mert betöltő képen kifagy…kék halál és hibakód.
Azóta nem játszom emiatt,naponta tesztelem de semmi változás.
Gportal szerverem is volt de haverok elmaradtak igy az első single playt viszem azóta is…vagyis vittem mert most nem játszható a játék…segitsetek…help…please
Ujratelepitettem teljes törlés után de ugyan úgy fagy.

Hungary/Magyar nyelven irtam :slight_smile:

Bigger thread is here for all interested.

Hello.
Im playing Conan on ps4 Pro. And i still have the same problem ( even after the big update)
NPCs turn invisible, objects like stones, iron ores etc do suddently go invisible while i farm them.
Corpses from NPCs even turn invisible.
Still have problem with Fighting, NPCs teleport, invisible, suddently loose health without any enemies around.
Even spikes are invisible for a while. Just lost hp of nothing, and it seems like i was stuck on invisible spikes. Well that was a painful death…
Ingame chat are lagging so much when im moving, that i cant hear what other peoples say.
I was playing this on PC and i love the game. Even bought all DLCs on pc and ps4.
Started to play on PS4 because i wanted to play with my irl friends who dont have good enough pc, but it seems to be too laggy :sob:
I was so glad when i saw the update, so i was so exited so i was shaking, to try to play it again. But nothing different.

I really hope your trying to solve this on PS4 Pro, because this is a lovable game.
I believe in you.
Thanks

1 Like

Yesh when I made this thread it was months before the free game of month. These issues have been happening to me 6 months after the game released on console. I have been playing conan on console since its release and have been dealing with these problems for the longest time. Infact If it werent for the influx of new players I probably would have never came back to conan because of these lag issues and rendering issues. I still cant pvp becuase of these issues. I’ve had to completely alter my gameplay style in order to even farm without dying. Its ridiculous.

1 Like

I have a little solution, If you buy a good external hard drive and use that for your games.
Most lagg will be gone, only is left is the server lagg and that is host side issues most of the time (unless your internet blows).

Best tip, good day!

I know that buying an external drive isn’t a solution everyone can afford but if you can it really does change things. Here’s a video comparison I did when I upgraded to an external SSD.

This obviously isn’t the solution that Funcom wants but it did solve it for me while they work on a permanent fix.

I’m having same issues on Xbox