Genuine Question for Veteran Players

Do what Conan did: Crush your enemies, see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women.

Or do what I do: Survive. Build. Decorate.

I love building themed bases, with themed people living in those bases, from a Darfari village to a Turanian palace. I also build them “honestly”, harvesting materials, crafting, and building without admin-spawning anything. (Disclaimer: I do this on Single-Player only. There are people on official servers who frown upon “theme parks”.)

4 Likes

I secretly enjoy reading those complaints when they find their way onto the forums, even if I very occasionally am one of the people who hated someone else’s theme park. I just get a kick out of reading it when someone vents about those. Gives me a chuckle.

1 Like

Our clan is obsessed with efficiency and military might, so we strive to reach population cap and train them all to the best possible stats, and kit them out with the best gear, while farming materials to quickly repair a good chunk of our base and counterattack with lethal force if necessary. Minmaxing is, admittedly, quite tedious in some aspects, but it has its fun side, too.

Currently we log in every couple days, farm a couple things and log out, but a few days ago we logged in to find someone had thrown a god against our base but apparently didn’t have bombs, so our gunpowder chest was intact. Needless to say, it’s been a few interesting days.

TL;DR: Eventually, someone will show up that’ll make things fun for you.

2 Likes

i make outposts to help other players farm 8]

I’m going on my 3rd year with Conan. So I created a vault storage build recently and I am trying to max most of the vaults. 105 vaults to start with room to build more. Me and a clan mate like to farm and have several vaults maxed already so it should not be hard to max most. Each vault is a single item not mixed. On the bottom lay we have the argos build with vaulted ceilings and we displayed every weapon on the walls. We are selling any weapons to players that want to purchase. It’s pretty cool. Keeps me engaged and a way to keep farming. I’m also meeting new players which is always fun.

1 Like

Well I’m a PVP player for me I jump servers. I’ve been all over the EU and US servers
I try private servers form time to time.

I test Mods

And I’ve been running a single player game from day one that’s never been wiped,
on which I do all my build testing. Some land rework has forced me to ghost to remove some buildings but it’s mostly intact.

Right now I’m on an EU server practicing hiding, I have a little 2x2 hut. no one has found for two weeks so far.

I use my neighbors work benches, he doesn’t realize I can climb in and out.
I just bring my own mats. Sometimes I leave things just to mess with his head.

And I dye the armour of anyone I find logged out in the open, or a base that’s no so secure. :wink:

11 Likes

Classic LOL
What color do you dye the armour?

My clan likes to put an arch priest in T3 altars they have “locked” in their bases. It freaks them out trying to figure out when they got an arch, and how we stole it.

2 Likes

??? What? why there is no other info about switches o.o

1 Like

Whatever dye I happen to have on me, I usually just get dye from looting mobs.

3 Likes

The game rewards exploration & curiosity. I’ve found loads of things that aren’t advertised, and many things that are nods to other games and people.

2 Likes

I got bored so i started to organize weekly events every Saturday on the server since the 11 April (Pvp fight, jousting, Horse race). That brought a bunch of players to the server and brought back some of the old one that were getting bored too. That gave some players new building project to make racetrack and Arena :slight_smile:

3 Likes

it’s just an easter egg of the cinematic gaming channel neebs gaming , and has nothing to do with the actual game except give you a good chuckle if you have the sound on :wink:

also to respond to the op , as this is a sandbox game you will decide what shape your endgame will look like but the choice of pve / pve-c or pvp will also take a big part in said endgame furthermore to the server you select ( private or official ) as the community on them will vary from nice welcoming to aggressive an non welcoming …

but if you find yourself without goals with all that the previous people posted I don’t know what to say more :wink:

5 Likes

@ChaonThe5th Something else you could try that I don’t think anyone mentioned yet is Testlive. When a new beta branch comes out, switch over to the testlive version, review the patch notes and start poking & prodding at whatever game mechanics they say have been worked on and try to break them.

Nah, leave it on. If they don’t find the treasure soon enough they didn’t earn it :laughing:

3 Likes

You were actually who I thought of and based that particular point off of Shadoza. I immediately thought of yourself and some of your tales of raiding. I admit it does sound like a lot of fun! I hope to try it someday towards the end of the games life cycle. But for the monent I just cannot bring myself to do so, primarily because of how well established my current character is. It took me over 6 months of grinding and building to create my 3 storey Black Ice manor without cheating, and I just cant bring myself to part with it. I wish we could plant a flag (optional) or something similar to ‘reclaim’ the structure for our new character if we wanted to.

2 Likes

As @Kanza1 pointed out it is just an easter egg of sorts and doesnt actually yield any sort of tangible rewards. But it is just something to do for a little fun.

I also recall seeing in the Conan Exiles trailer that somewhere in the Frozen North there is a large boulder or platform sliding down a slope, which it appears we can ride on somewhat like a surfboard. Although I have never found this yet myself. If anyone else should happen to know where this is located, then by all means please post it here.

3 Likes

I don’t remember where it is exactly, but I remember riding it down the hill. Somewhere near the black Yeti maybe?

1 Like

Fight all the bosses, collect all the legendaries. I’m a completionist so the game keeps me entertained for a very long time. Build a mighty castle and show off your collection. Once you’ve done it all; start over and try something different each time. Savor the levelling process, it’s just as engaging as endgame.

1 Like

essence of rot at bottom of campfire inventory ftw ;]

It’s at the northern part of Icespire Chasm, just below the volcano.

You don’t gain anything from it except a good laugh - well, for us anyway. It’s pretty hard to get on the thing in the first place. Enjoy the ending!

5 Likes