Platform: Steam
Issue Type: Gameplay
Game Mode: Online Private
Server Type: PvE
Map: Exiled Lands
Server Name: Elle´s bad witch server
No mods

Bug Description:
When I log in and try to move, it keeps pushing me around and not letting me move properly. It is like very intense rubberbanding.

Bug Reproduction: I didn’t try to recreate it, it just happened when I logged in today. It has happened before, but it was months ago and when it didn’t happen again I thought it was a self solving glitch. I’ve tried to fix it by relogging, restarting the game, and restarting the computer. I also made sure I wasn’t missing any updates.

Greetings Exile,

Thank you for your report. By any chance, have you tried reaching out to the server admin?

Some changes on the server end might be impacting the general performance.

We await your reply.

From what I understand that is actually a purposeful protective measure.

Basically it’s not rubberbanding, but more like your character being actively teleported back to its original spot if you try moving before everything around you is loaded.

It serves several purposes, like your character not falling underground or not being able to walk through walls before they render etc.

It happens to some degree on every server, however the duration depends on load times… Since things are loaded async to you it might seem that everything is loaded, but some parts that aren’t even visible to you might take longer during which you cannot move. On my server for example, since it’s hosted locally and running from good hardware this lasts like 1-2 seconds at login and is almost unnoticeable unless you immediately try to move, on official servers I’ve seen reports of this lasting 10+ minutes sometimes when the server is under a lot of stress.

Not entirely sure what can be done about this other than the usual… try to improve server performance as much as possible, make sure your connection to the server is good and also what you might want to relay to the server owner is that server-client bandwidth is quite restricted by default - they can alter the config files to increase that a bit, that could help, especially if they have the bandwidth to work with.
Ofc any optimizations and fixes on Funcom’s part will also shorten this duration, so you might see some improvement tomorrow with Chapter 2 as there have been a lot of bugfixes.

Yes, the server admin is my friend that I play with. The server resets every night, and there’s only 3 people actively playing on it. There are no huge constructs, and we build with minimal support restraints so we can use columns and ceilings without many columns to reduce lag.

1 Like

Thank you for your information! I’ll let her know your suggestions. I’m not quite sure it’s that, though, as there are only a few people playing (private server with just a few friends), and it was happening in the Savannah where we had just started building tiny houses, so not a lot of buildings present. I also noticed that it happens mostly around stairs or climbing, like changes in height? But if I jumped over the suspected “problem area,” it started working well until I changed elevation again. But also, you sound like you know what you’re talking about so I’ll definitely ask my server admin about those changes!!

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.