Healing potions/consumables are too strong in combat. Here are my suggestions

I’m worried that the healing potions/consumables are too strong in combat. Especially with the forth perk from Vitality: Receptive.

• My suggestion is to put a cool down on how often you can use said consumable. 15 to 30 seconds cool down after use as an example. That would make each hit count for that much more.

• A diminish return effect. If you spam heal yourself the potions start becoming less effective.

At the moment I find this use of potions/consumables taking away from the seriousness of being hit.

All Hail The Grim Grey God!

5 Likes

I think they should just add an animation for when you drink a potion, use bandages or eat food that cancel the combat animation but they already stated they will not do it on one of the dev streams.

I love this game, but this is just some lazy development, I don’t mean to offend but at some points we need to draw some lines in the sand.

5 Likes

That would really make the combat more tactically and would force the player to be more active searching a deadly decision :smiling_imp:

3 Likes

I think this will be all part of the balance pass that is yet to come. For now, while it might be demoralizing, I just fight his bar until I see it stop going up. It’s like poker, he’s close to folding.

Truthfully I haven’t dieded yet, so I don’t know the respawn penalty personally. This new system seems to make it much harder to just “jump back in,” so fights seem to bleed out to long running sprints.

1 Like

Spam healing has been a part of the game since the beginning of Early Access. If you are serious about combat, you carry a bunch of potions and at a certain point it becomes a matter of attrition. I do not believe a timer is the way to go.

Potions no not stack. You do not heal faster by consuming potions faster, you just prolong the HoT effect. The HoT rate needs to be calibrated so that it is possible to do damage faster than potions can heal. There needs to be consideration for different tiers and abilities, but in the end, the hardest hitting player should still out pace the fastest healing one. That is the difference between being resistant and being invulnerable.

2 Likes
  • Another Suggestion: Make potions 50% less effective in combat.

Spam healing has been a part of the game since the beginning of Early Access. If you are serious about combat, you carry a bunch of potions and at a certain point it becomes a matter of attrition.

That doesn’t fit the Conan universe in my book. Timing, Location, Brains and brawn should matter. Not who has the biggest stack of potions.

The HoT rate needs to be calibrated so that it is possible to do damage faster than potions can heal.

I Agree 100%. That’s why I think the perk: Receptive, Is “dangerous” for the fun factor of combat. That or there needs to be a solution like I mentioned above.

The problem with strong potions/consumables in combat is: Lets say healing over time is 40 hit points per second. That creates a threshold were an enemy doing that or less damage is useless. With a cool down of 15 to 30 seconds, that opens a window were you can do damage, even if you have a low/mid grade weapon against a high grade opponent.

I don’t want to have a world were mouth breeding morons can thrive behind a stack of potions. Survival of the fittest!

This new system seems to make it much harder to just “jump back in,” so fights seem to bleed out to long running sprints.

I believe that strong potions are a part of that negative trend. Running away in its core principle is not a problem for me. Running away and healing up like you spent a night at the hospital, like that sword to your stomach did nothing, that… that is a big problem.

An eating animation would be great. Especially if the healing only happened for the duration of the animation. Eating ‘a feast’ for 60 seconds might regenerate all of your health.

3 Likes