Help With World Bosses

the silent legion is all you need, Hyborian 3 archers are great, plus you can get some named blacksmiths, and named tanners there.

1 Like

Nice. I’ve started a new walkthrough and I’ve been getting thralls the old fashioned way without spawning them in. Way more fun now.

I’m on pvp official, so I try to know everything about the game

1 Like

I like to do things myself a lot of the time.

But yeah, thanks for the help all!

1 Like

The spiders are silly easy to toe to toe though a bit tedious. 40 plus str for the heavy attack perk so it doesn’t take all day and light or medium armor so you can dodge. Hit it one to three times depending on your weapon speed then dodge away while said spider whiffs it’s attack where you just were. Repeat until dead. Do it right and you never get hit.

1 Like

My main base is just south of the King Croc and I kite him over to it almost daily. He is met by 2xDalinsia Snowheart (epic flawless Pictish armor - 760 Armor rating and Blade of the adventurer equipped) in addition to 6 greater pets. A Hyena, 2 rocknose, rhino, White Tiger, Wolf.

I could duplicate this trap with a 4x4 foundation having thrall pots and feeding troughs on them at any boss.

The King Croc takes longer to kite over than it takes to kill. There are likely a few world bosses that I would lose pets to, even greater pets but I am sure there is a way to get it done.

I watched the King Croc mow through 8 pets not Greater at a base built a little too close to the pond so having greater is pretty much required. The health pools on base are just not sufficient to survive world bosses. There is also a cap on how many thralls will attack a hostile target so I wouldn’t waste more than 6-8 on any kite trap you made.

Lastly, worth mentioning: 2 people, 2 pets and we mowed down the Snake in short order, no structure required. Though we did drop a dancer thrall at the entrance. He wasn’t that hard.

1 Like

I got Vathias and he’s a beast! He’s amazing! Downed the giant Rocknose/Spider bosses while I fired snake arrows. But I have a gripe with how the NPCs decide to engage in combat. I tried this tactic with a boss elephant and Vathias just stood there while I was using my Blade of the Adventurer on him, which is my new favorite weapon now. Blows my mind that a weapon this good is allowed. lol.
I eventually got the boss elephant down mostly by myself, and I should’ve invested in this months ago. After the Rocknose and Spider boss, I had to set Vathias back to base so he could heal up. Wish there was a way to speed up NPC regeneration, maybe like at base or certain food?
Also, how good are the Greater pets? I got a Eolf and a Sabretooth.

Greater pets have 8k health. And to solve your NPC heal time, just get another vathis to switch between. ALSO! Thralls are very buggy with mammoths and elephants, they just mostly stand there, but they hit sometimes.

Another thing, as much health that greater pets have, they don’t have combos like thralls. So vathis is the best because he can dish out a ton of damage, and with armor, he will be able to take hits like a champ. Pets are squishy and can be stunned in a fight, plus their damage output is pretty crap.

2 Likes

The giant spider is the only world boss that came close to killing volcano thralls with me helping them killing it. The poison stack wrecks them.

However, versus the rocknose boss and dragons they didn’t want to fight, they kept staring…

1 Like

Yes we was 2 that did the Enter and we had t4 bowmen and they just fierd 15 arows eatch so maybe not to mutch help, my survived but not the other.

1 Like

FWIW, a greater wheel of pain (or two) is kind of an A-player requirement. As soon as you get established, the Votarie thralls are the ones you want. The HPs and the potency of the Votaries is absolutely top of the line. Vathis, the other named fighters and archers, and the Hyborian Archer IIIs are absolutely the best thralls you can find in the Exiled Lands. They will give you the best defense bang for your gruel buck.

Recently performed a raid - it was offline. There were six Vathis’ (Vathci ? LOL) in the asset, and it was a real btch to get through them. It was myself and another co-oping the raid. We had to take the Vathis’ one at a time. We traded spear jabs, transferring aggro back and forth between us, and taking turns healing up when he managed to stick one of us. Had to deal with the thralls directly due to their equipment, I’ll leave it at that.
:slight_smile: Fortunately, there were blocks present that we could hide behind periodically that gave us cover. But legit - in an encumbrance spec, these dudes easily could put either of us down with 4 strikes (and nearly did). Probably took us 45 minutes to deal with them.

Vathis, and the proper placement and equipment, is amazingly lethal.

1 Like

Don’t know why you quoted me on this, it was not a question from me. I only use Volcano thralls in my base.

Btw, on testlive Vathis can no longer be knocked down.

1 Like

Just showcasing for the OP that setting up a wheel house AT the volcano proper is the way to go. Not near the volcano - but actually at the volcano to haul in the valuable Votaries. Thats all. :slight_smile:

1 Like

My clan knows vathis will be gone soon. so we are filling a chest with them.

1 Like

?

Where is he going? :frowning:

2 Likes

There patching him, so he can no longer be a thrall (well, knock him out anyway) So nab him while you can.

1 Like

Basically I do this but with a human partner. I tank with heavy armor, S&B and 50 vit - and she alternates with daggers from behind stacking 20x bleed for a faster kill and then swapping to 2h to stack sunder, rinse repeat. Many bosses if you hold your shield up in their face they won’t attack the other player.

1 Like

Yeah, we’ve done this too. But sometimes you don’t have a partner online, or you could be a solo player. So we have an answer for the solo people, and that’s a named fighter.

1 Like

When the devotees still agrroged I’d run up followed by a Dalnisia Snowhunter with a Steel Truncheon aggro one of them, then hide behidn my shield as Snowhunter knocked them out one by one. Once they were all knocked out I could harvest 5-6 vathises before they woke up again.

1 Like