It’s a both way responsibility!
Yes, players must be responsible when playing on official servers.
But Funcom must optimize correct as well!
As far as banished players, it’s nothing to celebrate here and none to congratulate.
We can congratulate Zendesk people for doing their job under difficult circumstances in times, especially when updates bring things upside down and their tickets seem mission impossible.
We can thank Funcom for fixing a game we loved unconditionally.
But we cannot be happy when people get banned, nor congratulate anyone. Simply because Funcom employees are not happy nor they enjoy ban for building rules.
Land claim flags. No need of a building ToC, POIs would be a no build point that would prevent players from putting down a land claim to block it. Not saying it still couldn’t be done but it wouldn’t be by accident, or differing interpretations of a rule.
The only way for people not to brake the rules is to not give them the option to brake them.
I fail to understand the question, or the spirit of this reply!
It’s something @CodeMage suggested years ago. Devs already have this feedback.
We both know that the players will break even granite rules. Some people live and breathe to do so.
Through the years many suggestions placed on this very table of forum. However they followed their own way of doing things.
I stop suggest!
They know that they do have 2 different communities in this game, more or less they created these communities.
The community of “quality” and the community of performance.
Both sides want to have fun,
Fun com must ensure fun !
He may have I don’t recall, I worked something up as a suggestion a few months back and have been punching it at every opportunity.
I’m talking about coding in the rules so they can’t actually be broken. As in just taking away the option.
Yes because we all know the best way to solve an issue is to give up.
I don’t see those as being mutually exclusive.
A quality PC is going to give you good performance. A quality update is going to give you good performance. A quality server is going to give you good performance.
Put 3 tons on a 2 ton truck and it is going to brake an axle no mater how good it is.
And how much they spend in the bazaar, that puts them above the ToC… how?
test live+live I’m pushing 9K hours now. I bought all the DLCs, I bought the battle pass. Does that grant me more rights then some one that started yesterday?
I read that post, how do you solve that issue? Don’t give people the option to accidentally brake the ToC. No surprise time outs. Hard code in the preventatives and no more ToC for building violations and as such, no more clan spam report bans.
Take away the ToC for building and then zendesk.funcom server admin can concentrate on real issues, hackers and exploiters.
In theory, Conan Exile players are adults, who says adult means responsible for their choices or actions .
I say “in theory” because in reality this is not the case.
there will always be people looking for a way to circumvent the rules or abuse loopholes in them to their advantage .
We are not in kindergarten with nannies to constantly monitor us , putting in place the suggestions that you recommend amounts to an admission of failure for Funcom, but also for us.
I think the first thing to do is to establish clear rules, without possible interpretations, and to put moderators on the servers.
You asked for it, it seems to me @Kikigirl And you as well as others we make this request. But that implies supplementary cost and I delicate strongly (given the poor quality of the game game currently) that players are ready to pay for that.
If Funcom had wanted to put this system in place, they would have done it from the start, I strongly doubt that he is committed now, especially with the upcoming release of Dune Anawakin.
The problem with Funcom is that they always make promises that they do not hold.
“Ha We have saboto Age of Conan, we have after our mistakes, we promise you that the ligitimate changes you wonder to tighten on Conan Exile”
Resulstat! They rehed their mistakes and once again make the same promises.
You even told them on this thread : ici .
Indeed by being particularly optimistic or naive , we can hope that Funcom puts our requests in place and finally hold their promises.
But with the history of Funcom I think (wrongly, maybe?) That Funcom forgot Conan Exile to devote itself fully on a dune.
Really . I am no child, please stop treating like one.
When i say i don’t understand, i mean i don’t understand!
Nah, you were simply not here when the forum was boiling for rules, that’s all.
Good point here! Giving feedback however where you see the problem and not suggesting how to fix it is not actually give up, is it?
Relax Deacon, lower your temper bull , we don’t disagree here .
I won’t bother you for the rest of the day, check my replies tomorrow again with more friendly perspective.
I’m treating you like you’re an adult and understand sarcasm.
We know when playing on a public server we should be respectful, responsible, and act with restraint. But evidence on the public servers proves that is a fantasy. But when your sample size is so small it only takes one or two bad apples to ruin the pie.
Or all it takes is one big enough cow plop to make an entire field smell like manure.
if it was a legitimate no build area then it wouldn’t be flagged as buildable, use your head please.
This is so fkin ironic since it’s fair to assume you would be the type to report someone for blocking a Point of Interest based on what you’ve said previously which in turn does nothing but hinder the quality of officials further.
It’s clear the entire report system needs an overhaul not just for this specific reason since there are mannnnny but people like you who abuse the system to get clans banned for building in an area that would give a little name animation once for the entire playthrough on that server are the biggest reason why
Oh . I am an idiot, a thousand apologies! Now i get the spirit, thanks a million i agree 200% here my friend. Thank you for taking time to explain the obvious i guess , but like i told you i didn’t get the spirit, so apologies again.
Propel like me? You mean responsible players that follow the rules? A considerate player that is concerned about taking more then my share so keep my foot print to a minimum? Some one that wouldn’t block a POI so EVERY new player can access it?
Please go in to detail just what do you mean by people like me?
Been reading the forums? And forgetting most of what I post apparently, more of that selective memory some people have.
Let me acquaint you with a word that seems sadly lacking from your vocabulary.
consideration
1: continuous and careful thought
After long consideration he agreed to their requests.
2: a matter weighed or taken into account when formulating an opinion or plan
economic considerations forced her to leave college
b: a taking into account
in consideration of the enormous difficulties involved
3: thoughtful and sympathetic regard
his consideration of the needs of others
4: an opinion obtained by reflection
his considerations favoring one profession over another
Not everyone reads every post or comment. Some have muted you just as they’ve done to me.
Neither of us are in positions of popularity or authority.
By commenting here you reach an audience of many. All with different levels of comprehension, languages, experiences and knowledge. You need to craft your comments and responses with that in mind.
This is why I said what I said before.
You also have some ethical responsibility to be honest and provide facts. Your interpretations and pet peeves need to be clearly noted as such. Otherwise, you muddy the waters, look like you’re making up stuff and can be rightfully taken as a fool. I will call you out on it.
So when it comes to this subject, I suggest treading with mindfulness (hell in general, considering stelegal takes the effort of communicating in English which is not his first language) It has been proven that this entire process is not black and white, fair and honest, clear and judicious.
In any case, I want to take part or defend @DeaconElie , But there is one thing for which you cannot accuse I t: Faus reports or mass report .
He said Luis even on several occasions that he even bothering to make reports because according to him, they are useless .
Several members of the Comunatée including me, he is criticized for this contradictory attitude. Complain about massive constructions that blocks the map, but do nothing against that .
For my part, I never had to make a report playing mainly solo or on a private server, so I cannot in complete legitimize say whether or not FunCom is working are work.
@DeaconElie is an important person in our Comunatée but has a special character, he is sarcacstic and grumpy but above all honest .
If by chance in adventure came to report a player, you could be sure that it is guilty.
Okay, that’s different from building over lore stones. This actually falls into the category I like to call “nobody has enough clarity about this shіt”. And the existence of that category is one of those legitimate problems I referred to.
Most of the time, players aren’t given concrete reasons why they were suspended or banned. Instead, all they see is that they were suspended for “land claim abuse” or something as generic as that.
Instead, people come to the forums to complain about their suspension or ban, and then their topic either gets summarily closed with a link to Zendesk, or they get no explanation from Funcom and a ton of guesses from other players.
One of those guesses is “you built on top of a POI marker”, but I don’t remember if Funcom ever actually confirmed that this is a no-no. And yeah, we tend to assume it is, because POI markers are technically unique content, but Funcom has repeatedly proven that logical assumptions like that are worthless. I don’t wanna waste a ton of words rehashing why this is the case, but for those who remember, “fence foundation stacking” and “world boss blocking” are two examples.
And even if “POI blocking” is a no-no, there doesn’t seem to be a standard for what it actually means, because I’ve heard of cases where people built at the POI without blocking the discovery of the marker and still got suspended.
This is bad, but even worse is the new hack that is going on, which gives access to the admin system, on PvP servers this is already a rage and there are people deleting enemy bases