Horse on Follow takes all aggro from player

Game mode: Online Private - unmodded
Type of issue: Misc
Server type: PVP
Region: America

When initially getting aggro while having a horse following you, the enemies immediately attack the horse and ignore the player until the player does damage.

The horse does not appear to take damage from these attacks.

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. The more details you provide us with the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:

1. Put a horse on follow.
  2. Aggro the bearer thrall in Sept City.
  3. Run to the gate just beyond the spawn point
  4. Note that the bearer thrall ignores player and attacks the horse

This can also be reproduced with alligators along the river. Putting the horse on follow makes him a “meat shield” which gets attacked. While checking the health of the horse, it does not appear that the horse takes damage from the attacks it gets.

Note that one in four or five mobs may aggro to the player, depending on how many, or if you do damage.

1 Like

Yes I’ve noticed that my followers get aggro from NPCs first too, but I play modded game so I’ve thought such behavior originates from one of my mods.

I can only agree! The horse get´s the highest threat level! That´s pretty bad right now!

I’ve noticed this behavior by mobs when I have my thrall set to GUARD ME. Is your horse set to some other behavioral command, or to guard you?

1 Like

I don’t believe so; I’ve only used the horse for travel and as pack space. It should be at the “default” setting, whatever that is.

I’ve never seen the horse attack since the update; they appear (other than the aggro issue) to take no action when under attack, if I’ve placed them to "guard " a location, and I am attacked, they do not assist.

If there is any AI package active, I cannot detect it. It will sit there and just take attacks, sometimes even after I run away (even when on follow), it will just… sit there, not attacking, not defending - just doing the typical idle animation.

EDIT: I don’t see any option to set AI or thrall behavior available on the horse (having logged in to check this). I have the following options available: Info - Stand Guard (places the horse in the world) - Stop Following/Follow - Cancel - Inventory - Mount Horse.

I had this happen all the time. Enemies will ignore me and attack the horse, Thralls, animals, it doesn’t mater. If I’m not protecting my horse it will die.

Hey @Lanessar

Thanks for the heads-up, we’ll send note to our team about this issue.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.