How many people work on the Conan Exiles project?

Greetings and salutations, suggestion forms are so frustrating. I see the same things being asked for over and over. And I see the same people as part of the community on here, for over the last year so there are some people that are really passionate about the game. And want it to do good and be successful, even the YouTubers like firespark81, Sethum, Vaniverse Gaming. Have all pointed out the issues overtime.

And I don’t know if this is an overall issue of not having enough personnel, lack of management. Are not wanting to stray from their original vision.

But there is some really really simple stuff that needs to be updated. And I’ve come to realize that over the last eight hundred hours of playtime. And I’ve been pretty vocal on the forms about the issues that I’ve noticed or the substandard development. And I ask myself how can this be so, mislabeled, missing information, broken, or that far outdated. And of course I’m talking about a variety of stuff. That’s why I put together my wish list in and video format and post it on YouTube. I’m not even trying nor want to be a YouTuber I just couldn’t come up with a better way to articulate all the issues that need to be addressed. And in the process I’ve completely taught myself video editing, sound interface. I’ve been tempted to download the developer toolkit just to see if I can fix or resolve some of these problems myself. It’s I know some of the stuff cannot be that hard to fix and could be addressed in literally 20 or 30 minutes on some of these individual items.

Another thing that bugs me is there is literally no presence. The developers don’t chimed in, on any of our comments or post. Like oh that’s a great idea. Are that won’t work because we don’t have time for the development, Are that’s number 38 on our list of things to do.

And I suspect they butchered the staff to support other games, like that duck mutant game that I frankly did not give a s*** about nor did I purchase…

But I purchase every DLC that Conan is come out with even though I’m super tired of there DLC model. Nothing is new, it’s just re skins of existing items. They need to revisit their DLC model. And come up with some new Solutions, there are some great mods out there. And they should be open to the community and incorporate some of that stuff into the base game that can be supported on public servers. The community would gladly do some of the work for them, the same way that Skyrim has evolved over the last 5 years. Think about how big the modding Community is for Skyrim if Conan Exiles could tap into that just 10%. It’s numbers would inflate expeditiously and they would sell a lot more of the base game content and DLCs. It’s time for Conan to think outside the box, start doing community events for the modding community and the winner gets their item added to the base game along with recognition in the info tab.

There are so many things they can do to Outsource the labor and the skill set needed to get this game to where it needs to be. Everything from hiring interns, or tapping into the mod Community for their value and resources…

in closing. Fire and wind come from the sky, from the gods of the sky. But Crom is your god, Crom and he lives in the earth. Once, giants lived in the Earth, Conan. And in the darkness of chaos, they fooled Crom, and they took from him the enigma of steel. Crom was angered. And the Earth shook. Fire and wind struck down these giants, and they threw their bodies into the waters, but in their rage, the gods forgot the secret of steel and left it on the battlefield. We who found it are just men. Not gods. Not giants. Just men. The secret of steel has always carried with it a mystery. You must learn its riddle, Conan. You must learn its discipline. For no one - no one in this world can you trust. Not men, not women, not beasts… [points to sword] This you can trust.

2 Likes

They mention this on streams a few times, just busy and each team is doing there thing. they apologize they havnt been comment in this section as much in Last stream.

I think(and I may be wrong) they were publisher on this? I didnt pay to much attention, and it didnt seem to be effecting CE in anyway. We got update 1.34 that fixed alot of things.

Except, they can’t get mods and admins on server, or even staff to show up once a week to clean up servers. CE saved Funcom, doesnt mean they can toss money around like nutts.
I just don’t think there looking to over spend money. When taking abit more time fix and adjust game is working. No guarantee Huge dump in money on outsource for major “quick” fix is gonna save and sale more of game. Funcom isn’t Capcom, Sqaure or Bethesda.

Mod Community part is… well a lawyers hell hole.
There reason Capcom has ignore them. (I use Mod for Capcom) They have a “If your not doing it make money or abuse IP” they wont bother you, at same time do not support mods.

Most companies take this stance, or simply do not touch it. Sven (former head of Capcom NA) touched on this, its legal battle if any party goofs. And worse for Modders who may not have 100% original work. texture, a coding could be anothers (free source or not) which cause legal issues. It takes 1 person to screw this up. And its not worth legal money to do it most of time.

Like above, there just to much legal banter that ruins this. Look at Fallout 4 and Skyrim SE Creator Club, You basically give up abit of rights and such. And Bethesda goes abit above and beyond to insure Mods are clean and clear. Money, Money, Money. XD

Another one of those… you want someone spend money here, but they could spend it else were.

I want Mods and some of neat stuff they do to… I do not see it happening.
They could add new hair styles or something pity and I’d be happy. (short Japanese hair style wink wink)

Honestly, its rare for any Company Dev chime in these days. there was a time they did across several companies. But then negitive feed back, jerks and other types of trash start being angry and venting on them everytime they post.
Past few years has been harsh to Staff to post anything or anything with out stepping into a trap.

It why most places stick to Community Managers. they take bront of force and hate. =/
Its thank less job 95% of time, (I’ve done it, and its not fun most of time)

EDIT* I could be wrong about mods, Its 2019 and more people are trying for it. So one can hope.

1 Like

I consider that Ignasis is our liaison to the development team.
This year he’s responded to two posts I’ve made saying he’s taking those ideas as suggestions to the developers. And quite frankly, I do not expect any follow up from him on the suggestions unless I specifically request it of him …neither of the ideas were only suggested by me … but discussed by many people. Maybe one day they will show up in the game, maybe not.

As for Funcom not responding to popular suggestions or not adding them into the base game … well that’s complicated.
For various very popular suggestions that come up frequently they have responded many months ago saying “no” (eg mounts, ability to dye buildings, different shaped triangle pieces, map expansion, wiping official servers…) - can we really expect that do so every time on the forums? They have in streams I think from reading Multigun’s summaries. Players themselves post or quote Funcoms previous responses.
The other aspect to consider is: by Funcom NOT responding in the negative (eg we will not implement that idea into the game.) they allow more freedom for the community to discuss them … and don’t cut themselves off from using the ideas in the future by shutting down conversations about them.
for example… Look at them implementing a way for us to add more feat points to spend via the addition of the fragments of power without needing to change the level cap. The community had been asking for a way to increase them for many months.

The addition of our ideas into the game do take a very long time and whilst we all want it to done faster and with less bugs … this is all they can do unless more money is made available to them.
Considering how often bugs make it to the live game using interns or outsourcing it (especially to mod-developers) would probably cause many more code conflicts they will have to debug.

1 Like

Thank you for your lengthy reply. I enjoy this type of discussion. And some of it I’m using my own experience to come up with Solutions, and the way that I view the product. I’m a project manager, Personnel manager of sorts. For the military so I deal with hundreds of people, and have to bend space and time to get stuff done.

The ability to effectively communicate, and Network. And reach out to those subject matter expert and Define the talent and expertise needed. I feel like their organization is really missing in this department, you can see it.

Outsourcing Talent

And when I refer to having the modding community develop items through contests and reward systems. I’m pretty sure the end user licensing agreement covers all of the legal in lawyer fees. They’re pretty much agreeing to non-payment by just purchasing the game.

And I know funcom always tries to give recognition. I don’t view them as one of the predatory game developers that are out there. I generally want them to succeed, and I enjoy the Conan universe.

Problem solving

I believe that there are opportunities outside of their left and right limits. That could be easily coordinated or networked. Project Outsourcing would be a great tool to manage their labor expectations. Put together roster on an Excel spreadsheet that had tabs. And each tab would represent a skill set. Graphic artist, programmers, Network technicians, voice actors, and so forth. And when I needed work done I would task out individuals.

Synchronization meetings

Have a list a very project I that the community is asking for. on the wish list, bugs, updates and new content… And every week I would have. Synchronization meeting. Where we would discuss the top 5 things from each category and prioritize them by the easiest ones to accomplish get done first, And added to the game. In the Army we call this a Target working group. And prioritize the difficulty of the item, to the workload. Some stuff is extremely simple it’s just a matter of minor updates changing text files. I would have a dedicated guy for doing that kind of stuff.

Expertise and qualifications rosters

The more challenging things. I would contract out and then I would have an in-house guy quality control it. I’d also develop a set of tools. For server maintenance and server performance and stability checks. So when you ran an item, or script they would check it for Min and Max server stability. Everything that was developed had to meet these thresholds. I know a lot of this stuff already exist for the unreal 4 engine. Just how that utilize it in their own setup.

Compartmentalizing, modulating projects

I cannot speak enough about compartmentalizing workloads. Break them down into small units so they’re easier to process an accomplished. Plus it makes it easier to revisit and do reworks later on

I myself have put together a video wish list. And I know that I can personally probably fix 15 of those items within a week. I would greatly enhance the overall user experience. I would just need to access under the hood

Updated monetization models

The team needs to come up with two more monetization models. The current one is been bled dry. And I’m not talking about two more DLCs that are exactly the same except reskin walls and weapons. I’m talking about entirely new content, new building structures like the architect mod. Are Siege weapon DLC, Building traps DLC This game could easily have a 10-year shelf life, and I’m all for paid DLC. Because I want to keep people employed, and keep communities together.

in closing. Crom, I have never prayed to you before. I have no tongue for it. No one, not even you, will remember if we were good men or bad. Why we fought, or why we died. All that matters is that two stood against many. That’s what’s important! Valor pleases you, Crom… so grant me one request. Grant me revenge! And if you do not listen, then the HELL with you!

Broken Fangs 33 Wish List Items stuff

Some of these videos have been a process. I realize that the audio quality was subpar so I ended up buying a Blue nano microphone. It took me a couple of videos to get it dialed in even though it sounded good to me, I realized afterwards that it was either too quiet or too loud. But I think I finally got it around video 20 plus it sounds right. But I apologize upfront. These videos are more of that podcast format where I get into the weeds and logic of a lot of the topics. It might not be your type of you in content I totally understand. Sometimes I might even be a little intoxicated while I ramble on. But nonetheless there still issues that need to be addressed

2 Likes

Unfortunately, gone are the days of a genuine geek thrill for making games. There is no longer a love of the game… it’s just a love of the money. Game developing has become built on laziness, a lack of innovation, repetition, false- advertisement or lies and red-tape.

1 Like

In a way you just described the fate of the old gods. Aging senile and the growing inability to stay in shape. :confused:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.