How to get a thrall to fight?

I had a thrall that wouldnt fight so i took her home, parked her, took out a similar thrall who fought, came back and swapped back, and she fought again. :man_shrugging:

You just summed up current news media lol.

2 Likes

1 Like

I misspelled it! I’ve only ever heard it, so I actually should’ve typed “cruft.” #tmik :rainbow:

1 Like

If armor bonuses actually affect perks by ranging out of them, then I think that’s a bug. For example, if I have a thrall that has 8 strength, it should be eligible for perks in that range and not become ineligible because I’ve put on gear and warpaint which boosts their strength to 20.

Otherwise this leads to some abjectly ridiculous gameplay, like stripping your thralls naked just before they’re about to level. Basing eligibility for certain perks on stats is fine, but they should be the base stats, unmodified by armor or buffs.

1 Like

You gave a lot of good advice here but

That part is mistaken.
Me with 40 strength, 0 Accuracy. Dragonbone Bow and arrows. 36, 22 for 56 damage

This is me with 50 Accuracy, no strength same bow and arrows

Accuracy is to bows what strength is to melee.

To the OP, I’m not trying to tear him down. He gave you lots of good advice but don’t strength stack an Archer. I have a Freya with 71 strength. It’s not pretty to watch her fight. (she does knock thralls out like a maniac though)

2 Likes

Has anyone else noticed that when you lock on to targets thralls seem to start fighting? Is it a coincidence? Me and my friends did some testing and it seems that when you lock on to target and thrall is not bugged they immediatly attack.
Can anyone else confirm?

2 Likes

Great observation. I don’t like accidental target locking, as it pops on from worst time to worser time. Could not put my finger on why some followers were attacking preemptively! (ETA: I plan to test this out extensively.)

1 Like

Actually, strength is helpful for bows, when you look at the perks. Just like the accuracy perk of armor pen is helpful for melee fighters. Having both high strength and accuracy can really make that archer build powerful.

2nd str perk is great, because I almost always have negative status effects applied to enemy when shooting them full of arrows. 3rd is also great because I use light attacks for the speed. 4th is nice if you have a level increase mod that allows the luxury of more attribute points, but only 1 out of 10 shots I do are ever heavy. So between perk 2 and 3, you are doing 25% (if just additive) more damage with archery than no strength.

1 Like

Thank you for reading my post carefully and correct me, i need people like you to make ‘to the point corrections’. I really mean what i say. To this point my advice was comming from the words of ‘Alex’ in Devs stream. Alex was saying that accuracy is important for thralls to make better hits. I never looked it so close as you did. Thank you for sharing your knowledge and conclusions.

1 Like

I will try it today. Tomorrow i ll tell you.

1 Like

For players, yes due to the perks. Not so much for thralls.

What do you guys like Thralls or creatures?
Seems like creatures attack all the time.
Thanks Again for all the responses to my Question.

My only problem with pets is that it’s hard not to hit them during combat because their natural attacks bring them in so close. I love my greater panther but he leaps over my shoulder as I swing and gets cut… poor kitty.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.