How to increase the Conan population?

there are many different and unique ways to increase the trafiic… i’m just finding the new technique… after experiment i will share.

Refine the THRALL system, because this is the only thing that stands out and distinguishes Conan from others. You can build and fight and drink tea in almost any other survival game and have much better, bug-free experience at the same time. But you can’t find thralls in any of them except Conan. It’s one of a kind and undoubtedly the biggest selling point of the game.

Unfortunitely, thralls turned out to be a missed opportunity ruined by bad AI and limited usage, and make people reluctant to advertise them.

Dynamic raids! yes for god sake.
System is simple.
You can attack other players building only if owners (1 of them) currently online\was online within 2 hours or less (as example).
And pls no more talk about unraidable bases (multi accouts)… decay gonna wipe those mofos anyway (decay system need some adjustment).
Dont worry any bad clans who dare to exploit new system gonna be reported and banned for cheating and trolling.
Profit.
We must give a chance to dynamic raids.

But from other hand, we need Lawless PVP 24\7 officials, for those who seek just fun and destruction. No limits, no rules of raiding. Only rule is no cheats\exploits and TOS violations.

Without server upgrades, this would be disastrous. I for one hope they never go that route.

Yep… but it would work. :wink:

I still don’t see the logic behind “offline raid protection”. Seems to defeat the point of pvp. If you don’t want to get raided, play a PVE-C server instead. All offline raid protection will accomplish is creating a players base that’s too afraid to play during raid times.

1 Like

In the same time it will open actual sieges for the game (when attackers attacking and defenders - oh miracle defending).
Due to the further siege warfare updates (i believe in some point we will get Age of Warlords or smth…) its all make sense.
Now, most of bases build around idea of offline protection - not online.
And most of raids (99% probably) - offline.

Offline raiding is PVE with extra steps. You can’t have Player Versus Player combat if the other player is absent.

8 Likes

100% Taemien and I’ve said this myself more than once. It’s impossible to have PvP if the other P isn’t even there.

1 Like

Players Versus Pixels :laughing:

2 Likes

I never thought I’d agree with @Taemien but here we are.

It’s been talked about a lot and people have put forth plenty of ideas to avoid the possible exploitations that can happen. However there’s been no word from the devs so it’s just another idea that goes no where.

2 Likes

I agree with @Taemien also, I’ve said the same thing myself.
The biggest single factor in driving people away IMO, IS off line raiding.

You come to play what looks like a great Hyborian battle game, choose a PVP server.

Then farm up some twigs and mud looking forward to glorious battles, and when you log back in the next day…

Some wanker has looted all your sticks and stone, just because…

And without a single occurrence of anything resembling PVP, So you look for a different game.

Off line raiding is for cowards who just want to grief others, and not PVP at all.

7 Likes

To be fair… I don’t exactly blame people who offline opponents in situations where offlining is possible. The idea is that because it is possible a player must offline to prevent themselves from being offlined. And then you’re in a pretty crappy situation of perpetuating a method that you don’t wish to engage in.

Your example of course is a bit of an exception (and one I probably would agree and abide by, don’t touch the newbies). But waters get muddied because everyone has a personal standard. You and I might agree that we shouldn’t touch newbies, and I would even say most would nod and be like sure, don’t do that.

But when are they fair game? When they upgrade to tier 2? When they have access to hardened steel or better? When you start trying to set standards and evaluate a threat of someone who isn’t even online at a time you decide to make a decision and take action. Things get wonky.

Offline protection obviously helps with that. Sure murky standards from person to person will be there, and they largely should, PVP does mean there are players involved, and it doesn’t always mean you simply click each other till someone respawns. When you show up outside of someone’s sandstone hut because you believe they are pulling a fast one because they have star metal equipment and fancy armor. They might be able to tell you they looted some things from so and so who’s stuff decayed, maybe even show you the loot they got so you know they’re not stockpiling for a raid.

Then you can decide whether or not the newbie is a newbie and act accordingly. Without blowing up a poor newbie’s hut without all the info, or fearing that you left a raiding outpost up if you did decide to leave them be.

Offline protection allows PVP to have that human to human interaction that gives it the nuance and depth that it so unfortunately lacks in most games.

1 Like

I have also said “I believe OLR needs to be there”, because some times it is a murky area.

But, I still know people personally who left because they never got a chance to even really get started.
And nothing I would say could persuade them to give it another go.

Mainly it’s not that a want off lining gone, I want better defenses against off line raiders.
Something to shift the paradigm in favor of PVP

2 Likes

Yes many do leave because of this. Many new and old players also get hit by cheaters and exploits that make gameplay not worth it.

On console there’s a new aim glitch/bug/hack that allows you to have completely control over spear hits. Basically a form of aim bot that allows the player to have full control of their spear when they hit( they can do a full 360 with one hit of the spear) hitting anything in its path. ( to think I went to console to escape cheaters

This is just one recent example of the game letting its players down. This isn’t as bad as hitbox pulling that has also been showing up a good amount. Nothing is being tested properly and to many players are ignored. I mean why can’t everyone come together and tackle the cheaters? 3 servers in a row where cheats were used and don’t even get be started about the p2w items that were promised to no be a thing. (Still remain the same) plug up any cave with a few of these pieces and you’ll virtually never get raided. Or fully in case a pillar and you’ll never get trebbed. Now mix that with offline raiding and you have these same issues that have virtually been in the game for years.

2 Likes

In Cyrodiil we called it PvDoor.

1 Like

We just need 2 types of PVP servers
1 - free PVP 24\7
2 - dynamic raids
every1 happy

1 Like

May suggest a 3rd… The return of blitz servers, damn I miss that option :slight_smile:

Agree completely

1 Like

This is the reason I haven’t really played for several months. Tired of spending hours farming thralls and mats, take one night off, and log back in to find that some solo farmed up a massive arsenal of bombs and wiped my base… With the ease to farm bombs, no offline protection is just not fun…