How will you compensate players after the latest buggy release?

Game mode: [Online]
Problem: [Misc]
Region: [EU]

How are you going to compensate the many dozens of players who lost weeks of progress due to your poorly tested patch that caused more severe bugs than the ones it fixed? I lost more than a week of progress, many others lost even more, based on what I see on the forums and elsewhere. What is Funcoms plan to address this and, more importantly, what is the plan to prevent this from ever happening again.

I’m on my last straw with this game. Avid gamer for 20+ years and I haven’t had anywhere near this level of frustration with any other game…

Steps on how to reproduce issue:

1. Login to server.
  2. Play.
17 Likes

What does one have to do to get a response here? Photos before vs. after funcom’s “raid”? Itemized and audited list of lost items, buildings and thralls? Accounting balance sheet? Tax invoice for hours played?

5 Likes

Maybe your additude is why no one gives a toss …

9 Likes

Most of posts here didn’t got any reply, support is not replying either or sending you to make post on forum. So maybe is something wrong with client service in common?

1 Like

wow how dare we to wish a quality game project after we paid for it, if you cant understand it - dont comment
Developers are not blessing us with patches - its their job, and i know that if i will make my job so bad - i will get fired in no time.

7 Likes

I don’t want compensation, I want a PLAYABLE GAME!

BEFORE the patch I could run up to the starmetal area, in my silent legion, with my HEATER shield (warmth bonus), and fight off all the wildlife, AND find some starmetal, and make it back alive. TODAY? Not so much, too cold to climb, bonuses from silent legion nerfed (less dmg to mobs), nothing seemed to help with the cold, even when I changed to heavy vanir gear, ate spicy food, and drank moderately of the firewater. So, in this situation of diminishing return, we were eventually killed (without finding ANY starmetal in the usual areas), and lost the time, the gear, AND the bodies were vanished, along with the markers, within 15 minutes.

So, man, you tell me, is it worth playing anymore? When the end game stuff is made from OBSIDIAN, and you MUST HAVE starmetal to kill the mobs in the volcano? And yet, the starmetal doesn’t spawn? And it’s too damn cold to run around, AND FIGHT MOBS?

They screwed around with temperatures, and made things much worse. With frostbite picking away, and sabretooths slashing your guts out, someone tell me how we make that work?

HOW DO WE MAKE THAT FUN? HUH? TELL ME!

2 Likes

I use stone daggers bro.

Pretty simple:

DON’T COME HERE. We P A I D for this game, and the devs (probably most likely the producers) made it unplayable at top tier.

Sure we can all fool around below the North/South wall, indefinately, but how much fun is that?

Give us a break man, only someone who hasn’t been top tier and been going for obsidian LATELY, could even say ‘cry-babies’.

You have got to be kidding me.

2 Likes

Same, I’ve lost far more than other people and do not complain(I would really like to use the b1tc]-[ word Funcom, we’re all adults here.) about it.

The patch that was bugged and released more than made up for what we lost in named thralls alone, so take that as your compensation.

2 Likes

People with this kind of posts are not “crying” cus they have nothing to do, they are trying to make this game better, to see progress in next patches, to not see their friends leaving game. And if you are bragging that you dont complain - you dont care about this game and its future, so why you are on this forum, just to talk?

2 Likes

Down vote… can we add that?

2 Likes

The title sums it up. It is a cry post. Unfortunately the gaming industry delivers unfinished products and we, the consumers, can’t do much about it. We buy them and hope that our broken product will be fixed. Crying about it won’t fix the problem.

1 Like

If you bought the game after release, its all your own fault. Its widely publicized by the community at how buggy this game is right now.

During the times you’ve lost stuff when these patches rolled out, new bugs have been introduced which compensate for the losses you’ve had.

For example,
1, For a period, there was an abundance of named and Lv4 thralls in the map
2, NPC’s rarely attack so you can run around the entire map easily to gain experince
3, Lots of decayed/broken buildings to easily raid for free loot
4, Mobs not fighting back mean easy kills, loot and experince

Instead of always looking at the bad points, look for the positives that can be gained. Every cloud has a silver lining somewhere.

5 Likes

This is so wrong and arrogant it makes me vomiting.

The customer is certainly not obliged searching and analyzing various community content before buying a product. The customer can expect a working product when buying one.
I can only guess why one comes to think otherwise.

2 Likes

So if you didn’t read your terms and agreement I got you. Without limitation, the Funcom group of companies and their suppliers make no warranties about the accuracy, content, operability, reliability, completeness or timeliness of the material, services, software, text, graphics.
Limitation on Liability. I always read and yes I accepted

So what, you just what the trailer and say hmm I want that. Who doesn’t do at least a little due diligence before spending their money on a game. You must have scrolled past the ‘Mixed’ reviews before hitting the purchase button. It’s no different than checking how many stars or reviews an amazon product has before deciding that’s the product for you . With the costs to develop games becoming much more expensive these days, this ‘fund now, fix/refine later’ is nothing new to the industry. Especially since you didn’t pay the full AAA price tag with 30-50 dollar DLC and season pass.

1 Like

Everyone definitely understands why you and many more are mad.None of us like losing all our stuff/work.But to think we are going to get anything back…not going to happen,plain and simple…is it right? Is it legal? No…then yes…so just accept it and move on…yes it sucks…sorry that’s life…btw I’m not being a dick…as you can see in some other posts peo people cant handle the truth…I understand.

2 Likes

My comment would only have been arrogant if,
A, I hadn’t bought the game.
B, if I worked for Funcom.

Like many others have said, WE ARE ALL PISSED that the game doesn’t work, we had all hoped for so much more. Given time, I’m sure it will be good, they just rushed to full release too soon.

You did you’re own due-diligence research, had access to thousands of reviews, over 1 years worth of forum comments and then chose to buy the game.

You then had 2 hours to test the game to see if it was for you. Nothing stopped you from using those first two hours on your local game as an admin to sample all of the game, and if you didn’t like it, you could have asked for a refund. (assuming your on a PC and bought through Steam)

How is it anyone else’s fault but yours? You made a bad life choice, next time get your mum to help you.
So many people believe they’re so entitled and need their hands held.

4 Likes

As for being more on topic, compensation?
I can only assume you’d like for an admin to come into your server and give you loads of gear and materials… never going to happen on an official server mate.

You need to get used to the concept that you play these games for the fun at the time of playing. Items will come and go all the time, suck it up and move on… or play with lego so that your creations can be put safely away in your toy box.

Edit, Or host your own server game so that you can roll back the database each time you lose something.

3 Likes

@PitMonk Wish I could down vote you everywhere since I see you post a lot of toxic comments lately… so many people with too much time on their hands supporting the faulty patches applied without testing which are bugging everything and makes your work disappear. Maybe you have nothing else to do than to farm back all you lost. I can make it back of course but why to not run more tests and put patches more rare? Why to do something just to show people that you did it and you’re done? It’s a game but in any other industry this would cost the working place of the guys which did so many mistakes in one single patch.
Morale: Do your job better then release dlc and wait for people to buy. There will always be people which are telling truth and people that can’t stand that a game they play is not taken a flawless. Get used that people have their rights to talk and demand their rights as long as the game is not anymore in early access or free either!

2 Likes