I can't load my save game in single player

**Game mode: Single-player
**Type of issue: Bug
Server type: PvP
**Region: Europe, Ukraine

So, a miracle happened, and after a new fix, I was able to “connect to Funcom services”.

Now I have a new problem: I cannot load my saved single player game. I choose from the menu “single game” - “continue” - and every time I get to the beginning of the game, to the choice of a new character. I saved my save files before updating the game, so I can replace them over and over again before starting the game - but the result is the same, instead of loading the save, I find myself at the start.

At the same time, if I now create a new character, exit the game and load - loading occurs, I find myself on the “Broken Road” with this new character.

Removing mods didn’t change anything. Checking the integrity of the files also gave nothing.

I have Windows 10 on PC. Single player, private server.

Here is a link to the log file and game.db of my game:

game.db and ConanSandbox.log

P.S. This issue was solved by loading an older back-up. There may have been some corrupted files.

Hey @F_Constantine

Were you using Pippi in your mod list?
It was known to cause this lost character issue after the update. If you’re affected by it, we’d recommend a workaround.

1. Proceed with the character creation screen and close the game.
  2. Open your game.db file with an SQL editor (for instance, SQLite.
  3. Go to the “Characters” table, and note the character ID of your new character and the one you want to recover. Now go to the “Account” table, and swap the “user” values of both characters.
  4. Save the database and load the savegame as usual.
2 Likes

Hey.
No, I don’t use Pippi.
The reason was, obviously, in a corny damaged file from the back-up. Fortunately, I found an older back-up that was not much different in terms of progress from the last one and was able to load the game with it.
Nevertheless, thanks for the advice, maybe it will come in handy someday. Although it would be better - so that it is not needed :wink:

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.