I cant place an animal den on a foundation

Game mode: [Online Official]
Type of issue: [Misc]
Server type: [PvE]
Region: [US]

I can’t call this a bug and I can imagine a reason why this shouldn’t be possible but I can’t place an tier 3 animal den on a tier 3 foundation. I get the not enough contact with the ground message.

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. The more details you provide us with the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:

1. build a tier 3 animal den
    2.build a huge (larger than the den) tier 3 foundation.
    3.attempt to place the den on the foundation.
    4.toggle the terrain alignment, adjust the den height. try a few more times. broadcast my experience here. wait for comments.
3 Likes

A couple ideas for you from Test Server experience:

1. Placement seems to work better if the ground is already relatively flat so that you only need 1 layer/story of foundations. Placing seemed worse on steeper slopes with stacked foundations.

2. The pen is hypersensitve to rocks and twigs - make sure you’ve cleared the entire 8x10+ area of everything.

1 Like

I got one of 3 to stick on a foundation…its Fluxing hard to place such a large object and it dosent seem to like foundations even if you have 4 open blocks on all sides of the object…how about um…halving the size of this mega freakng pens?

1 Like

Update: I got it to work but it’s a wonky effort. I had to raise the structure like one click of the mouse wheel. The decay timer checked out so I guess I don’t have a real problem here. Installation is still weird.

when i was placing mine i had to raise my pen up 3-4 clicks to get it to work. best thing to do is make a 4 high sandstone foundation to set it.

Easiest way to place is run an 8x10x3 foundation setup (L,W,H)… t2 I believe is 9 foundation long. Might need to be verified since I run 10x10x4 myself.

Can even place it on a ceiling with shift-raise

I build a 8x8 room, then extend the roof to a 10x10 and place a pen on that.

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.