I have started my trip down the rabbit hole

lol. Already:)

Update…
So came up with a name…saving that for “beta”. But rest asured i am updating tables to create a few unique exiles i will need, passive noobs, mini bosses for camps, and skimming REH for ideas.

Have come to one definate.

Jars in a T3 station. Working on that. Believe it will be Croms Altar. Where high end pvp gear, new more powerful weapon/armor buffs, and explosive jars, traps, and barrages can be crafted. No Avatar. But will show on map to show the aggressive state of your clan.

Also working on an idea to have purge meter fill if you are offline, making it a negative to stay off for too long. Basically going to reverse the meter that is already in game.

First camp design is almost done, the prison in west sep city.

Hopefully going to add a blunted fitting. It will reduce ap of weapon, but increase the durability of the enemies armor by 50. So breaking their armor is an option in a fight.

2 Likes

One issue i have, is i may have to wait for the 3.0 so i dont have to fix too much after release.

2 Likes

Holy ■■■■…I didn’t even think about that. Yeah good planning on your end gotta wait. But that does give you time to really map out the larger picture items before you get into the weeds.

3 Likes

Right now i am just creating the data tables, spawns, etc i will need. Things like passive, no damage dancers for yhe dancers quest. Basically npc aesthetics to add to the canp. Cant kill or knockout, but create life. Prisoners in rags that are for the zeal camps. Mini bosses, even a raiding type thay spawn at night and attack farming camps. Things like that. Also gives me a chance to reread REHs works to keep tied to the feel of the game.

2 Likes

Another bold idea, may be “green screening” between biomes, creating basically a secti9nalized larger control areas. i do have to be careful in mod size though:(

To avoid the displacing effect of not beimg to walk between obvious areas because ofnthe section, i may use Giant Kings as the reason, basiaclly Giant Kings divided the lands among “givernors” and use the green screen to control exiles within each. Basically a Treaty of Giants to not encroach on each others lands.

Frost NW
Frost NE
Volcano
Mounds
Highlands
Jungle
Swamp
Summoning
Sep
UnNamed City

1 Like

I am flattered that you would ask for my input @biggcane55. Thankyou. Before I offer my own suggestions, please do bear two things in mind. The first is that I am not an executive authority on this matter, just a Crom crazed fan advocating what can actually fit with the lore. And the second is please do remember that this is your game and your creative project biggcane55. And I do not want to seem like I am placing undue influence on you or your individual creative vision. Now with that in mind I am happy to contribute what I can, and let you ponder your options. :smiley: If someone were to say to me today that we want you to select some Crom goodies for the vanilla game, here are the items I would recommend. *For the reader: please note that these are among the closest lore friendly options I could unearth.

By this I suspect you are referring to what we would actually offer to produce ‘manifestations of zeal’ at the bench…? Ironically biggcane55, I think that the sacrifice should be just that, an sacrifice. But not the human kind, the animal kind. There is both Expanded Universe lore and and a strong inference in Robert E Howard’s lore which point towards this. The references are as follows:

So there we have Conan himself making animal sacrifices to Crom. Twice.

Yes as I have said before this is an inference on my part, but one which makes sense when coupled with the prior example. I found it curious that Howard chose to establish a distinction here, specifying human sacrifice, as opposed to simply saying accepts no sacrifice.

So, left to me I would say either live baby animals first, or animal heads. From a balance perspective it would ensure that Crom still requires the most work to build ‘zeal’, because of weight restrictions. Baby animals weighing in at some 50 kgs/lbs each, and heads arent light either. In addition, they are fewer and further in between. We can just rack up some 30-40 offerings like if we cleared out say, The Summoning Place. Don’t fancy animal offerings? Then perhaps the weapons or armor of defeated foes, in the spirit of ‘strive and slay’.

Now in regards to the ‘manifestation of zeal’ themselves, you could well stick with them, but I guess it depends on how you would want Crom to respond to them, if at all. If you are going with the ‘distant, uncarring god’ approach, which is what we have in Conan Exiles now, maybe just stick with manifestation of zeal, or manifestation of loyalty/allegiance. But if you are going for the ‘sends doom and curses’ approach, perhaps name it something along the lines of manifestation of scorn/resentfulness/rage.

Honestly I would welcome the thoughts of yourself or other members on this one too. Heck I would love it if Joel were to tell us what he would use or envision IF he were to ever add them or to create his own mod.

3 Likes

Yeah, i like the animal idea. Baies seems a but…Barbaric :wink: I was thinking ofnthe delving bench but inly steel weapons. And instead of zeal, it is forged into Crom Steel Bars. Used to make Crom Armor, weapons (yes even Sword of Crom, but player version where stam usage is normal), tools. Things that infers doing things yourself, but more durable frommusing Croms Steel)

2 Likes

Update, nay have solved an issie with causing armor durability loss on enemy. There wasnt a stat for it in weapons data, but i know acid arrows use ot, so i am going to figure outbhow it works and add it to weapons. Why? Because it gives anoth variable for weapon usage. 2H hammer should cause more armor damage than daggers. I would scale it so each weap9n type is unique on a scale of 1 (current) ton100, with tiers figuring in as well. Sonstone daggers would be 1, Epic Hammer would be 100. Now a viable tactic is break the enemies armor to gain an advantage.

2 Likes

YES! This is what I meant about Contention. In my view, when a Clan has held all the areas in Contention for x days, the server is at risk of being reset. “When Alexander saw the breadth of his kingdom he wept, for there were no more lands to conquer.”

2 Likes

As a fan of all kinds of literature, I see a link to a Dickensian mindset. As you might know, Charles Dickens was an advocate of what we refer to as animals. He would prefer you call them creatures, as in “made by God.” We, to him, are the animals – animated mass with options, choices, honor, depravity, the whole lot.

To kill a man is, in many ways, and as is admirably written throughout his works – well killing a man is a two-part problem. 1) You did it, what’s wrong with you and 2) Why was he unable to defend his own life? From the observation point of a real God, this is a squabble among paramecium. Killing a Creature? Well you’re just mean.

In Barnaby Rudge, the idiot Barnaby is actually the biggest advocate for Creatures of them all, and in the novel his particular way of pronouncing the word creature made it sound almost honorary. And of course (spoilers), the protagonist’s sacrifice is what brought all the turmoil to an end.

I think a savage unspeakable sacrifice would put you on Crom’s speed dial. Totally approve.

2 Likes

Just figured iut what to use to generate crom Steel…uncraftable legendaries!!! And recipes for Crom leather.

2 Likes

Ihave statted my Crom.research, and have a question for @Croms_Faithful. Someninfo i found states Crom is sometimes shown as a crow. Not necessarily an avatar, but tied to it. Is this canon, or just post REH interpretation?

If canon or acceptable, i may be able to use it for some sculpting of his station of war.

2 Likes

Halting the project as far as creat8ng the ares etc, as the 3.0 patch is not out yet. Once that is out then i will be full tilt on generating the content. But using the pause time tonreally expirement with tricks and other things to knownwhat i can and cant do. So far have not had a major roadblock.

1. Can create unique weapon traits as far as debuff to ither player.
  2. Can create mini build zones on camps.
  3. Can creaye new items.
  4. Can move recipes between players/station area.
  5. Can create icons for map, debuffs

Experimenting phase

1. Blender to create a unique weapon set off of inngame weapons.
  2. New recipe system for armor…utilizing the hides and nit just leather…ie wolf pelt for a wolf armor, rhino for rinon armor, etc.
  3. Create new raw mats like mossy brick, red brick, grey brick, etc so you farm areas for the color of t3 building mats

I knownthere are some mods outnthere thatbdo dyeing of buildings, but usingbthose will limit certain ids, etc and make me boxed in to thier system.

1 Like

Edit…there are 3 mods i will need for my own sercer. Necessities really…
Pippi
DM tools
and one that i have now that prevents building damge in a coned area.

Otherwise my mods should standalone for full pvp raid servers.

1 Like

Also located my protected “hotel” area, and have designed out yhe way it works.

Using the mod that protects building damage, a player only has to build a 3 x 1 x 2 wall and door, and they will have a room for a bed and a chest to log off. The size should give them a 1/4 the max server decay timer, meanig it is for a temporary rest and enjoy real life spot that will decay if they stay offline too long.

The server owner can dictate theirbown hotel.rules, but the hard part will be done in the mod.

1 Like

So uploaded my first ever mod…But just a very simple one.

Safe_zones. It is a small noob river island cleared and made for admins to let players build a 3x3 safe house on raid servers.

What do you envision here? A server operator will need to run:

1. Mod A
  2. Mod P
  3. Your Mod B

Just so I can understand how the flow will be. Any other progress? How is the dungeoning?

that sounds about right. I would have to check, but i believe the 3 other mods i need dont do any asset stuff. But i would actually think because last loaded takes precedent, and pippi and dm tool use game assets the orser would be

1. My Mod
  2. Pvp off mod
  3. DM tool
  4. Pippi.

But havent really look into it too much. Most of the times it is asset id sharing that causes issue. A few may use a bo from another mod, so again order is kast one overrides any shared bp/map/table assets.

1 Like

So pulled back on any dumgeoning, as 3.0 is still lurking, and am afraid to lose time repairing if it changes things too much.

so reverted to a planning phase…

1. figuring the tier chart for my Armor Break debuff. Hot it working, icon and all. i created 14 tiers. where you lose.x armor per strike taken by weapon.
    0, 5, 10, 25, 50,75 low tier white icon
    100,125, 150, 175. mid tier yellow icon
    200, 250, 300, 400. high tier red icon

i have a graph where material and weapon type are charted. lowest to highest
1h spear, daggers, shield, 2h spear, 1h swords, 1h axe, 2h sword, mace, 2h axe, 2h maul
Materials are stone, iron, steel, hardened, dragon bone/star metal, khaei/obsidian/eldariun, legendary

I will be adjuating armor pen in reverse on weapon ttpe. Meaning sharper pierces, broader damages armor, so creates variations for styles.

Tied intonthat i am reod8ng armor recipes, whee metal, hide, and raw tyoe (fur, beat, wolf etc) play apart in thoer armor rating and durability. This will offsett the new weapon stat chart. I am in excel mode doung the dirty work so when 3.0 launches i can pluf in the tables and my formulas do thier work.

so bisy, but mainly in “tool” creating to implement all my ideas.

1 more note, i am creatimg only 2 mew resources, Croms Ore and Croms Leather. Where do you get them, from recipes you destroy. UnNamed city/ Delving Bench, Tower,chests (no mpre weapons in chest, instead a recipe to learn tha legendaty). Weapons will be written on the ore, armors on the leather. All formerly unctaftable weapons armor will require either the Ct9m Steel (Crom ore + Steel Bar) or Cr9ms Padding (Croms leather plus hardened leather). May also create a few Cr9ms Weapoms amd Sets of The armor as well.

1 Like