I have tried everything and now I need your help

Game mode: Online
Problem: Crash
Region: Pacific

So I have been playing on a server for a while and now I can’t play the game at all. I’ve tried to redownload the game due to Corrupt data issue and still have not been able to fix. The cutscene stutters and sometimes freezes outright before dashboarding. If you can make it past the cutscene you then have the chance that the game will crash while loading your server (even after trying the single player trick) and if you make it all the way to the game you get about 5-15 seconds of time in the game before it dashboards you. Another thing to note is that the cutscene is now unskipable and the Audio is about 8-10 seconds behind where it should be. The cutscene also has a chance to finish by going to a black screen with a loading symbol in the corner. I have waited as long as a 36 hours straight to see if the game actually loads it does not it just crashes after a LONG time. Lastly I am playing on the first day edition disk, but I have also tried a digital redownload and a redownload using a different disk. Help would be greatly appreciated.
P.S. if it helps my base is currently on the mountain above the Temple of Ymir.

Steps on how to reproduce issue:

1. load the game past the cutscene (usually crashes at cutscene)
    2.load into server (if the loading does not crash)
    3.play game for 5-15 seconds before Dashboarding
    4.Repeat (even after redownload)
2 Likes

I use the Xbox One X and I have the game installed on a seagate external drive and the game works good for me I do crash every once in a while when loading into the game but once I’m in the game runs fine for me … I believe once the Xbox series x is available many of the problems we have right now will be solved with that more powerful system here’s hoping

1 Like

Aw man that sucks, not being able to join your server to at least refresh decay.

Seems like a lot of xbox players are having issues lately, there was another post with similar problems not long ago. Devs mentioned that they are looking into it, which is nice.

Hopefully your issue will be solved soon :smiley:

I’m sure Conan will run significantly better on the Series X. But hardware shouldn’t be used to solve a software problem. If they take this approach, it really doesn’t bode well for the players.

1 Like

People shouldn’t have to wait for the new Xbox to come out to play the game i played the game for a year and didn’t have these problems so to think that things are going to be better on the next console is just more false hope the game worked before they broke it an now they can’t fix it eventually they will fix it but to think some how things are going to be better on the new console your just giving yourself false hope the same things are going to happen on the new console to

Hi @Asta-of-the-ice, we’re aware of several performance issues affecting the XBOX version in particular, and a new patch is currently being tested and should be released soon.

We apologize for this frustrating situation.

It depends on what the exact, underlying nature of the problems are. But the Series X with 16GB of fast memory, and everything running off an SSD (although it won’t be able to take advantage of the Velocity architecture) can and likely will cover a multitude of sins.

The truth is, compared to modern gaming rigs, the XB1 is anemic and the Series X will be a lot closer to the PC “reference platform” they primarily develop and iterate on. Would upgrading to Series X magically solve every problem? No, of course not. But I would hazard a guess it will make those problems less common.

The reason I suspect this is the case is because, in my own experience, the crashes seem to be related to two things: exhausting available memory (a memory leak) and something that occurs when it needs to load assets from disk; this seems to happen most when opening inventory or a crafting station and it crashes while attempting to show all the items/icons. More memory and loading assets from an SSD would likely mitigate those two issues.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.