I keep losing progress

Offline Single-player | Bug | Performance | Other ]

PS4

Bug Description:

I’m constantly losing progress. I played for a week and no problems until it froze when I went to log out and when I restarted the game I couldn’t build on any of my bases, all my feats were reset but my points weren’t restored, my journey was reset, and all my discovered locations had been erased. I was very annoyed but decided it was no big deal I could just enable admin rights and get back a weeks worth of work real fast, everything was going great until I died and when I respawned all my progress from when I logged in was gone, and my journey and feats were erased… again. I went to go and get my journey back to where it was again and found I couldn’t complete the create a home step. So I figured that character was just bad so I started a new game and yet again I logged out and hours of progress was erased and my settings weren’t saving. So I deleted all the saved data in my storage and decided to try again. I made a new character and logged out and back in and yet again hours of progress has not saved my attributes have been erased and all my discovered locations have been erased. This has become one of my favorite games but now it’s just becoming disappointing and unplayable because I don’t know what to do.

Steps to Reproduce:

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. Please be as detailed as possible; the more details, the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:

I wish I could tell you how to reproduce it but I have no idea what’s making it happen because it’s so inconsistent.

Greetings,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Can you tell us a bit more about the following:

• Is your console on a wired or wireless connection?
  • Do you experience similar issues playing other PS games?
  • Can you share with us how old is the current save you’re playing in, and can you give us an estimate on how much you’ve built so far?

Some suggestions you might want to try in the meantime:
Could you try rebuilding your PS’s database settings? (Safe Mode on PS5™ consoles and PS4™ consoles (US))

If possible, could you try to backup your singleplayer save to a pen drive and clear up your save and profile, then start a new game to see if the issues persist?

Additionally, please make sure to send the crash reports through the PS dashboard when this issue happens so our team can get a hold of them and look into the cause.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.