I want to see some specific builds if anyone has attempted it

Those twisty spiral trees in the jungle… I’d love to work out a way to build a staircase up along one leading to a treebase of sorts but I just CANNOT for the life of me work out how to do this while maintaining the beauty of the tree.

Figured I’d ask here. If you’ve done this, mind showing off your build?

3 Likes

I know it’s not quite what you’re asking for, but I’ve also long admired the Jungle trees. I decided to build inside the tree rather than outside…
Front of the house…

Rear of the house…

Hall…

Kitchen, with running water…

Back room…
Front door looking out…

8 Likes

hey there ,to answer your question first : I think you should let the twirly part free of building ( maybe the decorative wodden fences on the outward of the swirl cause it’s a natural staircase , just build on top with an access and use the landclaim area to place your decorations on the swirl so it looks like if it is part of the building

also this is not my build , but a short video of someone building with the debaucheries of derketo dlc ( tree foundations ) a treehouse might help spark your imagination :wink:

4 Likes

Seems everyone posted images of the straight non-bendy trees…

So what I’ve seen some of our players do in this regard is not use stairs very much. Much of the trunk can be walked up, and the only time stairs are added is when there’s a section you can’t walk up. So the amount of stairs is minimal.

Its going to be different for each tree since the areas they are in make each one unique.

2 Likes

I’ve done this too… I have one at the base of a spiral tree and wanted to go upwards while keeping it pretty, lol! Love yours though. The thatch roof is nice but I love the dark t2 (insulated wood) one.

As for your problem, start with the main structure then work “backward” and downward along the slope. That’s about the only way I’ve been able to build in the way you wish to build.
The most important part is where you set down your first foundation.

When I build in a tree of the jungle, my preference is using the “spiral” tree you speak of. The base is usually an excellent ramp to walk up and doesn’t always need stairs. But if you must use stairs, you need either a foundation or a pillar sunk into the tree for the steps to latch onto.
You may have noticed by now the slope at the base of the tree is compatible with stairs as they are similar.
But if I’m going to add stairs, I’ll build my primary structure usually at the first branch divide (which is usually large enough to lay down at least two foundations without exposing their outer walls to the outside of the tree. A 4 square can usually be used with some exposure. I have built a 9 square two floor structure with an internal stair case to the second floor, but I’ve also incorporated an elevator between floors attached to the outside to save floor space. The front entrance door to the main structure was the spot (front and center) where the first foundation was laid. The two side foundations laid next to that slightly cut into the main branches to the side but posed no issue when attaching walls and ceilings.
As for the stairs then, I can extend a foundation heading toward the base of the tree in the direction of the spiral. I can then add additional 4 square crafting rooms along the way down starting with usually a ceiling tile and pillar for stability.
It’s possible to build crafting rooms in the overhead branches, but you’re going to have to be creative in how you’re going to build from the main structure to the branch where your crafting room is going to be. It can be an extension from a balcony.

I must apologize for the lack of any photos. I lost all of that from my PC when I installed Windows 10. But I do have one photo from a recent build a few months ago.

This one is nowhere near as elaborate as a previous build which had balconies that extended out from both floors on three sides and this one is sloppy. There was an elevator attached to the first balcony reaching down to the ground to a platform. This was a back door by comparison to the stairs that extended southward along the main ramp-root of the tree where crafting huts were fitted.
Interestingly enough, I was able to add a stable area for my horse, a saddler’s bench and torturers worktable for the wheel at the base of the tree. This stable platform held up well enough on it’s own, but I chose to add pillars attaching it to the ground below for appearance sake.

3 Likes

I just started a fresh SP game to give you an idea of how to build “from the top-down”. Take a look and maybe this can help a little.

There are several “clones” of this same tree scattered throughout the jungle. This location is just North X Northeast of the Barracks along the river.

5 Likes

I can so relate to that!
The most important thing for me is using only pillars to anchor the stairs. I go through great lenghts to get rid of all foundations I used at the beginning. If I find a spot where I can position an almost invisible pillar or foundation, I might even change the whole construction lol.

4 Likes

Low environmental impact challenge accepted:

9 Likes

I have never spent time to do a tree house build may have to remedy that this weekend thanks to you all for the idea.

2 Likes

That is inspiring.
You’ve taken on one of the spiral type trees that intimidate me!
I admire that.

2 Likes

This is the current progress on this trip.

5 Likes

Couldn´t resist to go for some fancyness. And this tree-type doesn´t allow very big bases. Intimidating? …more like a “watch your step”-tree.

6 Likes

O my that is a long way down if you miss step. Awesome view have to show this to my wife.

1 Like
7 Likes

I ran into a self created problem with the elevator between the 1st and second floors because the fences wouldn’t let me climb (of course) without them pricking me and causing a fall to my demise. The elevator had to be attached to the second floor so it could extend to the first floor. Thanks to my CRS, I forgot the elevators reset to their original position and that left me with no way to access the second floor. So I had to improvise by building a single stair case along the outside, on the side.
I pulled the elevator and cleaned that up. But not wanting a good elevator to go to waste I took a second look at the side of the structure where I had first placed it. Overhead I saw a nice, thick limb I could build on and it hung right over the spot where the elevator had been. I constructed a bunch of columns and stacked them up to the height of the limb were I could set my first ceiling tile for my private room. This worked out perfect.
Once I set that tile, I could attach the elevator to it and that would reach down to the second floor balcony (with a landing extension for the elevator). Once that was done, I finished the private room and then removed the extra columns that I used to build up to it, leaving only the elevator to access between two spots.
This is how it looks now.

I admit, it’s not fancy or sleek as Muelee’s build. but it’s functional.

3 Likes

Mine is only a fast example build, made in admin mode to show how little space the spiral tree has. In serius mode I would go most certainly for something more fitting and realistic, like your builds. But in single player the weather in the jungle is rain, all the time. So I gave up on it, even if it is so beautiful.

And the stair positioning. This is the center of the construction and it took five tries. So without admin flight probably a days work. I used a stone pillar to better see the direction, the angle has to be perfect! :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

I doesn’t even play conan anymore but I love this post, come on ppl, keep sending your tree houses :smiley:

8 Likes