If you had to pick one actor to start playing Conan in a movie/show who would it be (no arnie or jason)

I enjoyed Momoa’s as well, just the world was not grimy and barbaric enough aesthetically.

1 Like

Agreed, Conan always needs to have that background grimdark feel to it, I’m a huge warhammer fan and the grimdark setting can never be removed from those genres without massively mucking it up

2 Likes

You know something Zeb, you never cease to amaze me. Although he is not that well know in the entertainment industry, I have had this discussion numerous times in the past with friends, everywhere from gyms and pubs to the dinner table. And of all the names which have come up, Callum has still edged out the competition on each occasion. The fact he’s an Australian also makes him a popular choice here. +1 for Callum here.

2 Likes

No joke, my assumption has been that Arnolds sons have been putting on muscle recently for one of them to take up the Conan mantle.

2 Likes

When Arnold was elected Gouvernor of California, the response from his home country Austria was: “Great, maybe the US will now learn our country’s name and not confuse it with Australia anymore.”

Casting an Australian in his former role might revert any progress made there.

3 Likes

100% Arnold… as he is now.

“King Conan” Do all later book stuff as him as older self. I’d fork out money for it instantly. XD

As for other actors? Who ever did CE commercials fit part.

To me… Its ether Arnold… or it has to be a Unknown for me to accept it as anyone else.
All I saw was Jason M… I kinda avoided the movie, outside small viewing of it on TV… and was disappointed.

If they were to do TV series (which was rumored to be in works, base on short stories…) Ya, Some unknown Guy, bronze skin… let him have a go at it.
Anyone famous would likely try and make it there own thing… and ruin it.

How about Sergi Constance? He played Zeus in Zach Snyder’s Justice League. tumblr_73798a0138dc0c9319ad8c2095b9869e_01eb2d29_540

ok ok … let’s see …

1. Take all the actors mentioned in this post.
  2. throw them on a desert island naked
  3. come back in 6 months and we’ll talk about it again

OK? :rofl:

6 Likes

@GullTopp , If you’ll pay them enough they will do it. Have no doubt about it. I know that European cinema do not have the Hollywood budget but what Hollywood actors some times going through is unspeakable. So count on it if you pay them enough they would do it without second thoughts :wink:

You know…I’m actually ok with this choice

1 Like

@stelagel how they say over there already?
business is business? :rofl: maybe one day Gamer or Ultimate game next where you live will become real… Or not…with all these probable future…
@HrothgarFrosthound I think you’re right the trolls should be well represented :rofl: :ok_hand:

DaVito is getting close, but I feel like Wallace Shawn would be the ideal choice.

Inconceivable you say? I do not think that word means what you think it means… :wink:

If they actually let Danny Davito play conan i garentee he would knock it outta the park, Davito can do anything!

That is both funny and in a way kind of ironic. Back in the 90s many Americans confused Australia with Austria, and to clear up the confusion we would have prompt something along the lines of “kangaroos?”. But the world was a different place then. To me it feels like it has gone downhill since…

You know @HrothgarFrosthound I had a thought following our discussion in my Crom thread the other day, and I pondered if you or other members may see the humor in this.

Some of you may find some good listening and entertainment in a band I listen to (Im a metalhead :smiling_imp: :metal:). Look up a band named Austrian Death Machine, and watch/listen to some of their songs. It is both a parody and a tribute to Arnold. Heres one of the album covers, and some typical songs (yes, they do some Conan songs too). @CodeMage I know you dabble in HM too, worth a listen.

images.jpeg-91

3 Likes

Yeah, I can see the appeal there. Get to the Choppa has a very Iron Maiden feel to the guitars (if that makes sense - I’m tone deaf, so may hear it differently from normal people). Maybe a little more vocal growl than my ideal taste, but I can start to make out the lyrics, so seems decent so far :slight_smile:

You might like this one from Disturbed - I feel it makes a pretty decent Conan Exiles ‘theme’ song :slight_smile:

On the other hand, being tone deaf I tend to focus on lyrics more - so have been really enjoying stuff like this at more of the opposite end of the spectrum

Someone else follows lifting?

I think Juji is too short, but would be great in a Conan film in another role. My pick would be Eric Bugenhagen: he’s incredibly strong, has done some professional wrestling, has insane energy, and is great in front of a camera.

For those writing that it shouldn’t be a bodybuilder: Conan is written as one of the biggest and strongest men in the Hyborian age; I think you need someone from strength sports to pull it off. I thought Jason Momoa was too small.

2 Likes

I know we are talking about the Conan character, but I am wondering who would be a good actor to play Subutai? I mean, it is about Conan, but Subutai was definitely a favorite of mine.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.