Game mode: [Offline | Singleplayer]
Ok this is a REALLY bad one. I hate the term game breaking due to its frequent overuse. However I may just need to make an exception here. This has occurred twice now since update 38. The first when I was roaming the map, the second was in the Wine Cellar dungeon. Basically when I have died in game, the usual countdown timer and ‘Select Respawn Point’ screen appears as normal. No problem However, upon counting down to zero, I dont respawn…period! The loading screen does not appear at all, and I am stuck looking at the same screen endlessly. I was literally staring at the below screenshot for 3-4 minutes. The only way to overcome this is to quit to the main menu or ps4 dashboard. But it gets worse. The second time everything I had equipped (Flawless Epic Lemurian Warrior armour, Improved Torch and Black Blood hatchet) had disappeared on reload. I reappeared naked despite ‘drop equipment on death’ setting being disabled. This wasnt that big of a deal for me personally, as I can regain my goods via the Admin Panel (I generally only cheat to recover items lost due to bugs). However, if I were in an official server…god help me. This is the first bug I have had which is making me fearful to play. I dont know what to do.
Steps on how to reproduce issue:
- The ‘Select Respawn Point’ screen (pictured below) then appears
- Select a respawn point; any
- When the countdown reaches 0 nothing happens. I can still move the cursor and press on the various respawn options, and the camera continues to circle above my body. However, the loading screen does NOT appear. Hence I get stuck there.
- Quit to main menu or dashboard. It is the ONLY way to get out of the aforementioned screen
- Soil yourself hoping you still have game data while it loads