Improved Armor Bench - Is this normal or a bug?

So, to make sure I understand it - and to make sure it is/isn’t a bug, as I am just simply not aware -

Are you not able to craft the basic padding and lining at an Improved Armor Bench?

You can make the perfected - which requires the basic ones - but that would mean that you have to currently own the basic AND the improved version of the armor bench at the SAME time - which also means, if you want to save resources, you either have to move the thrall around constantly or have two decent level thralls, one on each bench.

Is this intended? Because if it is… it’s pretty redundant. It requires extra room. It requires extra resources. It doesn’t IMPROVE on anything… Sure, let’s IMPROVE on the old by requiring me to use up MORE of my base’s real-estate space and MORE of my resources.

If it’s not intended, has there been mention of a fix?

I have read somewhere on these boards that it is intended to work that way, but I may be wrong.

Thank you for your response. That’s very unfortunate :frowning:

This isn’t a very good idea, as all they had to do was add epic recipes to the current bench, or make the improved bench do everything the old one did PLUS the epic equipment.

We use more thralls (or constantly relocate one), use more resources, use more room in our bases, it doesn’t feel like much of an improvement at all.

It doesn’t require extra resources as you’d already have the basic one built when you construct the improved version.

But yeah they should combine all the recipes into the improved bench. The improved blacksmith’s bench completely replaces the basic one, so there’s no reason the improved armorer’s bench shouldn’t do the same.

There would be a hell of a lot of recipe icons if they did this, but that could easily be managed by adding in tabs for each tier of gear. They actually need to do this anyway, sorting is a mess.

2 Likes

Oh I haven’t tried those really yet but it does sound odd that the Improved Blacksmith Bench replaces the basic bench but the improved armorer bench doesn’t? You are correct they really should be the same.

Right, the Improved Firebowl Cauldron replaces the basic one just fine as well. Seems like the Improved Tanning bench replaces the old one just fine as well - the only odd things are the campfire/improved oven and the improved armor workbench…

I really don’t understand what the developers were thinking, I can’t speak for everyone but personally this feels like a bad decision and an oversight.

That leads me to believe that it is an oversight, as if the devs didn’t have enough to worry about, they forgot a few things. How…human of them…

Well the campfire/stove makes sense as they function differently. In the campfire. improved campfire and bonfire (which is an improved, improved campfire…) you don’t choose recipes. But you do on the stove and improved stove.

I would like to see that changed as well though, just add recipes for all the basic cooking done on campfires and add them to the stoves.

The ‘improved’ version of most crafting stations simply increases the inventory size. It’s really only different on the blacksmith and armorer’s stations, as far as I can tell.

2 Likes

It’s an intended function and frankly I see no problem with it. Is there some divine issue preventing you from having both? They are two of the smallest crafting stations aside from firebowl cauldrons. You simply make them both and then place an armorer at each, or put them side by side/back to back and transfer your armorer as needed.

Incidentally where did you uinlock the recipe to craft the silver platters that you want everything served to you upon? Was hoping my T4 smith would have it on the artisan bench, but alas…

It’s just a redundant inconvenience. It makes no sense that aside from the cooking workbenches (which at least make some sense) that this is the only “improved” bench that doesn’t provide the SAME functions as it’s “basic” version.

Considering the game is now out of early access, it’s not free, and after looking around I’ve noticed quite a few people complaining about the same thing - that’s where my silver platter comes from.

It is an inconvenience. It is dumb. It makes no sense. If it’s this way, just make the others the same way. Then I would understand. Or make this one the same as the others. That I would understand.

You provide no assistance, no constructive criticism, you just jump on board the “praise funcom” train and leave the actual relevance of WHY it’s inconvenient behind. Thanks anyways though.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.