Is Godbreaker armor really the best armor for thralls?

I played this game 1k+ hours, always being an casual player and never went deep. Played around 1 week, built simple base, had some fun and then just drop it. And so it is every time with a new update. But I read a lot and heard from folks on the servers that there is Godbreaker armor in Exiled Lands. This is TOP armor and it has the best armor value. But it’s crafting is pretty complicated and needed to go to an hardest dungeon. This time I decided to go through and finally I’ve got the Godbreaker armor recipe. All my thralls wear Voidforged Dragonbone Armor and I was excited to compare it with Godbreaker armor. First time I was disappointed when I saw it’s chest armor value without thrall (just in crafting menu) - 350 (just the same as any other epic armor). And then I crafted it with my T4 Shieldwrights thrall and I got something around 420+, and I was disappointed second time, cuz my Voidforged Dragonbone chest piece with T4 Shieldwrights has 505 armor value.

So, I have a big question. Is it really that best armor? I don’t catch the point: crafting is the most complicated, but armor value is not very high. Maybe perks are super valuable? But are those perks so valuable for thralls?

Server type: PVE

1 Like

Godbreaker has never been a very good choice for thrall armor. It is best to stick with a high armor rating that has strength damage or health points. Voidforge is a solid choice, but I would mix and match pieces from various sets if I were you so that all 5 pieces provide the same bonus (which ever your thrall needs most, damage or health).

4 Likes

I don’t nearly go this intense about it… I usually just put voidforge dragon on them. However, I have specific set of mixed armor (strength and vitality) that I use for the follower I’m leveling. I use the same armor and weapon set for every follower I level. I even made it illusioned to be unisex. I like to try to give them the best I can for their growth stats and perks, then I just go with straight up vitality afterwards for survivability.

3 Likes

Kingscourge head
Voidforge body
Slaver arms & legs & shoes
Heavy armor and strength bonus. Nothing else matters.

1 Like

Full stop! Bravo!!!
It’s strong and very cheap. In Siptah it’s the best for you too, it feels nothing even in the Volary of harpies. Especially if you have 3 perks on grit. With this armor you solo the rockslide!

A small objection here my dearest friend!
The God Spinas with sword of Crom and God breaker was one shooting every pvp opponent and finish in seconds pve bosses, but feel nothing… God!
These times that was the bet on pvp servers, to find a Spinas and equip him this way. That’s why we were asking these nerfs and until now i don’t regret this nerf no matter how much i love this npc. In pvp servers “this” build became legend! So from this legend all that remained is the god breaker set… But it’s only a legend :wink:. The helmet however is still useful i believe in pvp.
@Coffee4pm i cannot confirm 100% that dragon bone is the best set, but it’s the one i use and it’s working perfect! Don’t dress expensive your thralls, no need! Keep the good ones for you only :wink:.
Last but not least, give some love to the Lemurian armor too.
It’s pretty!
It’s cheap!
And no matter it’s epic, you can farm hundreds of pieces and repair them only with some leather. You cannot have cheaper epic set in this game!

1 Like

For me, it just depends on the thrall, but I have never used God breaker at all. I almost always use a mix-matched set on both myself and my thralls.

1 Like

After 3.0 i wonder if health armors still worth for thrall, the pieces will provide like +48 aprox per piece and will provide a least +300 health. For the character it makes difference but for thralls i dont know. Im trending to use armor and strengh bonus and try to rise health by luck, with food or rebirth. What do you think people? im not sure at all.

1 Like

Doesn’t make any difference :frowning:

We do all strength pieces for thralls now.

4 Likes

I go with whatever is better, agility or strength because sometimes we agility goes high on a thrall.

God breaker isn’t a thralls armor because the damage reduction limiting returns update in 3.0 made the armor value difference at that level worthless to consider. However I have found God breaker to be a great set for the player character in PvE setting. Yes it’s heavy but with scoutwright and armor reduction kits, it’s manageable. The perks of each piece of God breaker is what really make it worth while, not so much the armor rating. Gas mask, healing, increased stamina Regen…these are why God breaker is nice. For pvp? Only the helmet matters. Gas mask with what durability? Illusion it to a normal gas mask and let them waste acid arrows.

3 Likes

Does the wepons and armors still have special perks? i was checking recently that some of then show nothing decribed, like ajas bane, before was indicated that if added strength, but now we read on it only legendary abd strength weapon, even it not adding attribute ponits anymore, doe it add more strength damage, or it is just a regular weapon now? still it adding some sort of bonuses? Also the mad profet set for example, theres nothing write on it just armor, is there some bonuses on it?

2 Likes

You usually just want Strength armor, since the best weapons of thralls are Strength based.
There are a number of pieces that provide a 6% base value instead of 3%.
Redeemed legion helmet
Voidforged dragonbone chest
Silent Legion Medium gauntlets
For the legs and boots there isn’t one on EL so you can just make any normal 3% armor, hyperborean slaver or pictish warchief or guardian… up to you.

And yes, the gloves are medium, but that does not matter

1 Like

The attribute bonuses were reworked/removed but those special “Notes” perks remain. IMHO, many of those special perks are far better than a +8% damage increase. When you actually look at the amount of damage that comes from your gear in the stats tab, you recognize how insignificant it truly is. I know I speak blasphemy but we are talking about 5 points of damage difference vs increasing stamina or health regen. IMHO, it’s no brainer and get the perk that isn’t easy to replicate. In other words, I will pay with the extra swing to take the baddie down to have the perks I get from the special armors.
But I’m more generalist when it comes to character builds to be able to be decent at most things vs specialized to do one. Siptah trained me to be that way.

3 Likes

understood, is there no other way to check wich perk the gear has than looking into the status?

1 Like

The wiki helps

1 Like

Oh… a note on this… pretty much nothing in your stats page is accurate when it comes to that stuff :stuck_out_tongue:
That whole page is very close to worthless and needs a rework

Edit: probably needs some additional clarification :stuck_out_tongue: The static stuff is still fine for the most part, but the sections referring to damage are quite bad, ignore most perks and stuff, if you equip concussion damage armor that won’t even register on that page, different weapon swings have different modifiers so again that damage number will be quite irrelevant… etc etc.

Can ask people I guess, I usually check stuff if it’s something interesting :stuck_out_tongue:

Like speaking of, somebody just last night asked if the godbreaker leggings still have a stamina regen bonus, so I went and checked… and indeed it does, it boosts your combat stamina regen by 16.6% when equipped (which makes it more than half as effective then the 25% grit perk at 10 points so not too bad! - it’s the same type of bonus and they stack)

1 Like

is there any indicative that those descriptions will be back on the items? i didn’t get it from any channels or lives they made. i don’t remember at all

1 Like

These types were never on the items as stats, it’s in their item description, so in the text it says that increases stamina regeneration

3 Likes

Do we really need them in pve however? This is the greatest question! These items could help in pvec that people use heavy sets! Pvp, especially the plurality of veterans do not use heavy pieces, no mater the stats they give, they don’t risk expertise perk instead of strength, agility and vitality :man_shrugging:.
They even don’t use grit!
But let’s go back to pve!
What’s the reason? What opponent, what dungeon is so hard so you’ll have to dig so deep in the game?
In this game you have 2 strong opponents playing pve!
1st your lack of knowledge
2nd lags and connection lost!
So basically, except the fact that you will learn something new and interesting to have a beautiful conversation, the actual gaming need is zero!
You know it very well because you already defeated all the opponents many times without “all these” my friend Edu!
And no i don’t believe that you are not a good fighter!
As the matter of fact, i know that i am no better than you!

2 Likes

All strength and with as much armor as you can get.

Even the RHTS with like 60 agility should have STR armor. Why? Because agility weapon combos are inefficient compared to 1-Handed Mace combos and its Hyperarmor. Katana, Shortsword, Whirlwind Blades, Chakram, and Javelins do not have proper combo tables. Only Daggers and Bows have proper combo tables on thralls.

1 Like