Is there Any hope of Age of Conan 2?

I heard that funcom are making a new conan game?

I would sell my left *** lol

It will be lego conan

It’s going to be a battle royale style pvp game.

I dont think there will be a similar Conan game to this. The WoW type Genre is dying out.
Next Game will have to catch up with new types but that requires some good and constant investment to be profitable.
The Old method to base progression on time spent subbed without updates is not something that attracts new customers. It used to but there is more Advanced Games being released so it never lasts.
You can change that with Private Servers that allow massive Mods to be made by your fan base (Like in Conan Exiles) which never lasts forever of course or keep releasing content every Year.
AoC sees better days from time to time but they are reliant on ongoing Event Rotation (Yearly Anniversary Event - Halloween Event - Christmas Event - Late Winter Event) but it doesnt increase Playerbase just makes People Log in more often and go Active for a short period.

2 Likes

bump i wish for this aswell :*

There is already an Age of Conan 2, It’s called Conan Exiles. Its literally an updated copy paste job without the mmo aspect. They even took the soundtrack and some maps from Aoc. That’s the only sequel you’re going to get. Funcom is out of the MMO business. And after the way they handled AoC. Would you buy from them again? Not me.

1 Like

@GroovyDude Out of curiosity, what maps in Exiles do you think they took from AoC? I’ve seen nothing of the sort aside from a modder that managed to extract the base playfields from AoC and import them as a mod into Exiles. Great big vast empty maps.

Some gear designs were copied into / recreated in Exiles somehow. But beyond that, it really can’t be called a copy/paste.

I wholeheartedly agree that an Age of Conan 2 MMO will never happen from Funcom. It is painfully obvious they want their MMOs to die so they can finally shut them off.

1 Like

They didn’t copy maps but some assets like textures and sounds and animations for sure. But yea it’s a totally different engine so calling it a copy paste is quite the hyperbole.

AoC 2 <3

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHA deep breath HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

1 Like

If they make AOC 2 I promise to do nothing but give away free kittens

Maybe you should offer to eat your shoe instead? That might motivate them to make your wish come true.

I would love to see an AOC 2. It would be amazing with updated graphics

This was and is still my dream but I guess they will keep milking Conan Exiles and soon this Dune sandbox survival game. Honestly, I dont think we will ever again see a good Conan MMORPG.

Good RPGs, single or multiplayer, need a big team and years of developement. Funcoms owner, the Chinese investment company Tencent, doesnt really care about traditions, lore and fanbase. They care about money. Quick money. They are even worse than EA or Activison Blizzard.

Dune sandbox survival? Guaranteed it will lego dune