Is there any penalty in dying? Other than dropping all of your stuff

Pretty much the title.

1 Like

Potentially losing all your stuff, depending on how and where you died.

The penalty for dying is loss of all of our gear, loss of all of our buffs, potentially loss of our follower, and only 50% health upon respawn. That is punishment enough.

5 Likes

If are leading to Valhiem reference, then no. Nothing of that nature. And it really doesn’t fit Conan game.

Dying in PVe is rare unless one of 3 things

1. Lag…probably 90% of My deaths against PVE.
  2. Trying to run thru mobs button mashing. Kite and kill is best way, and if you rush into a mob you get what you get.
  3. Pull bracelet…usually to return quickly to base or between bed roll area and bed area.

Shame and humiliation at being killed by a lesser creature…damn hyenas…

6 Likes

The vault sigils in Siptah can be lost and you’ll have to redo all the vaults again.

1 Like

People think that PvE players never die, but the fact of the matter is we die all the time. There are numerous scenarios in which we die. For example, World Bosses such as the white tiger and giant snake. The skeletons in the wine cellar dungeon can 1 or 2 shot people. Some corrupted enemies such as wolves are formidable. Getting mobbed or encircled then stun locked to death by human NPCs is another, same with all of the hostile wildlife at places such as Eyelet Lake. other times it may simply be a matter of losing concentration or an ill timed healing potion. Although I am sure some of the other members here will tell us that they havent died since 2018, and win every encounter they have on Barbaric with no points in vitality, using only their toes and with the monitor switched off.

12 Likes

Not saying it doesn’t happen. But reality is once level 60, dying is the furthest thing from mine and most seasoned players. Which is why Funcom doesn’t need to spend valuable time making it something it does not need to be. So again, my thoughts are with pve and not adding a punishment for death.

There’s also the cat wants attention and wants you to know it by standing on your keyboard. :wink:

12 Likes

Honorable mention goes to “dodging sideways while fighting on the bridge to the Black Galleon”. I swear, I’ve died more times to that than any other reasons combined.

Maybe I should try to play using only my toes and with my monitor switched off. At least then I’d have an excuse for repeating the same mistakes over and over again.

12 Likes

@Marcospt
The best death I ever had is…
OH my what’s that green aura that goes strait up like a frontier?
Can I touch it?

5 Likes

Other day i slept on horseback and entered the green barrier

2 Likes

Brazilian

3 Likes

Not really as you have your raid camp it turns into Matrix 3 with Agent smith coming at you indefinitely if you are defending. I still think you should loose clan affiliation which means someone else has to stop the raid to get them back into the clan aggro the thralls and can’t access the vault until its done.

Losing your followers. They LOVE to hide underground after you die and respawn!

3 Likes

Is this a thing? I mean I play single player only, and such case never happened to me. :open_mouth:
Occassionally I got surprised when I get back to them, and they either die of falling underground and hitting the bottom of the map, or the enemies kill them (because they are low level or have low HP).

Well if thats not enough we can add losing experience and de leveling a la Evercrack right?

:smirk:

I could add an other penalty: the 10 seconds respawn timer in single player!

There is and old game of conan (2004 i think) that when you die and if you want to continue you have to fight, its a crom´s test, if you are worth to continue living.

The way a death penalty should work is when you die, you lose 25% (adjustable by server setting) of your exp in your current level (meaning if you are at 10%, you lose the level and 15% into the previous one). Then have level 60 have 2x the exp into it as 59 allowing for a bit of wiggle room for those who spend the time into filling it. If you de-level, you keep any feats spent, but they temporarily deactivate until you relevel.