Is this game worth buying yet?

After hardware changes on SA plus parity patch, i Will finally play

Save your money. Its an abomination at the moment. I wish I had.

I played 7 days and the game crash definitely in my private server. I lost everything. I tolerated all the bugs, but lost everything… NO.
The game is good, but has many bugs and 20% doesn’t work (admin commands, textures, invisible NPC, coop bug, purge never appear, structures unbrekeables, low FPS, eternal loading screen, crash and crash, items disappear, structures disappear, configuration disappear, servers unstable, no chat panel, no commands panel, some dungeon bug, etc…

Today, I received the refund in PS4. I have my money again ^^. 4 Days for this in e-mail.
I confirm that refund is possible.

Save your money and wait.

Not yet save your money until they fix all the issues, dealt with this for with a lot of games but they usually fix big glitches pretty quick. Not with this game haven’t seen anything really changed since launch for ps4. Besides taking away PvE conflict smh

I think it’s worth buying. I’ve found myself staying up way too late exploring or building with buddies (there hasn’t been a game that’s done that to me for a while).
My best advice would be to change the death penalty in the server you buy (so you spawn with all inventory/loot. That way when hick ups happen you save a controller/TV. Just do this until they fix some of the issues.

From what I’ve noticed, every issue is server related. I’ve got a Private PvE server that has PAINFUL frame drops only fighting humans and my character bounces on floors after respawns occasionally.
Where the other Official sever (PvE) runs totally fine and have had no hick ups or massive frame drops.
I’m sure PvP servers have a lot more problems goin down because there’s a lot more happening to buildings.

Hands down I’d buy this game again. Would I have timed it different if I had know about some nasty game bugs on consoles (ps4) and a patch I’m hoping fixes the only one that I’ve seen (Thralls not healing or ai’ing right?) Is fixed next week. We’re supposed to be getting a patch to fix a bunch of parity and bug issues. It was supposed to come this week but if it takes a little longer it’s worth it. Really want this done right and not rushed.
To the original poster - This game, even in its current state, is well worth playing.
IF - You love the lore of the Conan realm (comics and movies) BC the world is beautifully done. No diggity…it’s art, in a lot of aspects…props.

  • think Arnold Schwarzenegger kicked ■■■ as Conan and it will never be replicated by any other actor the same way…just saying… it won’t.
  • Enjoy survival alot (it gets this area very right) and don’t mind teaming and grinding resources. Great spread out over the map.
    -love to build . This game is great for that. If you folks who were into Minecraft loved that game then this is def the fantasy version of it. Don’t expect it to have all the the bells and whistles though.
  • willing to invest all of your hobby time onto one game. If you qualify to all of the above then you’re only other hurdle is pecimism/lack of patience. The game shouldn’t have been released the way it did but it has. However, if you think any company would walk away from a potentially reputation shattering release then you’re crazy. It’ll get fixed eventually. For people like me who enjoy the game it gets frustrating. But I still play the game on the reg. It’s worth it.
    My only other comment to OP is if you DO get the game (accepting that you’re going to have to enjoy a flawed work of art (ya, **** you, I’ll say it’s that) while they iron it out) don’t rush it just to level up like a lot have. Take your time and settle in and watch. It’s so easy to miss some of the little details they’ve placed into the game.
    Cheers and GL on your decision!

This game is like crack! I not only speak for myself, but I believe I talk for my entire server which up until recently were among the top 10 on topconanserversdotcom. I’ve been keeping a keen eye on the serverlist of my server since launch and there has been up until recently atleast 6 people at all times with continuos online time of between 12 and as much as 16 hours.

As im writing this there are 20/40 and the ssix top players have been online atleast 4 hours with the two top ones clocking at 10 hours as we speak.

I can heartily recommend this game! Its like crack, one sample and u are fakd.

There is a caveat though, as I meantioned we WERE as high rated as top 6-8 at the start of this week but have seen a major dip down to 77 as im writing this. We had an average player online of 36 per hour per 24 hour cycle since server launch - which is amazing, but are now at 18 and are maybe still falling. I think this is largely due to bugs and issues surrounding PVP.

As of now the god-shields which protects bases are bugged and lasts indefinately. This had hampered raiding and the 5 big clans on our server is invurnerable with no resource sink and are therefore filthy rich. With no threat and no goal to be reached the whole point of playing any further is gone until funcom releases a patch to fix this.

But I am sure that by next week or the week after Funcom will have this fixed as soon as they have plugged most of the crashes, in which time a normal player on any Pvp server will have a hard time reaching the level of bland lack of progression I’ve just mentioned unless joining an existing clan.

Go for it, this game is great fun if you love survival sandbox games with pvp. Combat is fun, building is fun and exploring the HUGE map is fun. The amount of settings available for admins to customize servers with the addition of a great modding community will ensure that you will always find a server that suits you.

Like others have said…this game is A LOT of fun. Is it worth purchasing? Yes…no question!
The world is beautiful and detailed…also fits the Hyborian Age ‘Look and Feel’ even though it is not at all in Hyboria. =) Funcom did great work with the art here.

SP PvE is great exploring and seeing things. Build your place and adventure out to explore…take it slow…like you actually live there. Excellent experience. The bugs/issues grind on you after good while though. Once armor is well upgraded the game becomes far too easy…even when surrounded by multiples. You have to adjust the Admin Panel Settings to keep the game challenging.

Online PvE similar to SP but with more issues because of server lag and the way Funcom is doing the mode switching. Internally must be a really ‘Hindsight is 20/20’ moment and fixing it being a serious problem.

PvP…f-ing mess. Enough said. Purchasing for the PvP…move along. This game may never work correctly.

Overall…every update/patch is a brand new set of…that was working yesterday before the patch…now it is working differently and have to adjust or work around the new issue. Funcom seems to be in ‘Stay Afloat’ mode and rushing…they are NOT taking the required amount of time to QA…this game is really large but can be broken down easy enough in smaller QA chunks.

  • It is like a large team all do things individually without coordination…
  • Member A fixes Issue 123 but the fix WILL affect Issue 321 that Member B is fixing…
  • Then all member’s tasks are complete and they press the compile and build button.
  • Players get pissed with the new updates and developer continues adding more things (roadmap) and starts collecting complaint lists.
  • Member A fixes Issue 456 but the fix WILL affect Issue 123 that Member B is fixing…
  • And the cycle repeats…

Worth a Purchase…definitely for SP/PvE

@Shadoza Not trying to be irritating but your ‘Lecturing’ us your opinion should also be taken with a grain of salt. Your opinion is also valid but you refuse to make your own answer to the OP…instead just lecturing the right and wrong. So give YOUR opinion is leave the lecturing out of it.

The OP ‘asked’ and we ALL have given our opinions without lecturing about what is proper or not…let them make up their own darn minds (or whomever reads this topic). There are a lot of solid posts in here giving good information about WHY it IS or IS NOT worth making the purchase. Asking on THIS forum IS the right way to do it.

Now…please have a look down the lists of posts complaining of all the issues on the front page of these forums. If you have not noticed, the postings are viral on bugs and issues. Kind of fun just getting the the dose of ‘Ohhh Myyyy’ in post after post after post. There are legitimate issues…and for someone to pay for the game…which supports Funcom…it is a valid question on a valid forum with valid opinions.

I’m going to go against the grain and say that I’ve had a very enjoyable experience playing,

If you love building (I mean love) building, then I do think this is a game for you. This game has one of the best building systems i’ve found in a survival game (based though on opinion). I would wait on the server rental though, and try it out on SP or unofficial servers for a while.

Its a good game, but there are bugs still left.